How many different brands of golf balls do you play?

Which Kirkland, the three piece of the four piece?

... I think the Kirkland 4 piece is one of the best balls out there and is almost as long as the TP5x off mid/long irons as well as off the tee. When I say "longer" I am talking 3-5 yds. For me at least, the 3 piece spins too much and is a little harder to predict coming into the green with short irons.

... My favorite ball is the TP5x, but I can play pretty much any premium ball that is not low compression and get similar results and scores. I have played Snell Black, Srixon Z Star, ProV1x, Vice Pro+ and like them all. I also played the Cut Blue, and even though I found the shiny cover that looks like an old Top Elite distance ball, I shot a 66 with it th first time I tried one, tying my all time low score. Cut has a new dimple pattern ball that does not have as shiny a cover they will be shipping soon. Dennis Chang COO of Cut tells me they are stuck "in port" and should be arriving any time now. If thinking of ordering I would call first to make sure the new balls are shipping.

I settled into the Titleist AVX last year and played it most of the year. I am considering something that might bite just a tad bit more on chips. Otherwise, it is the ball of my dreams.

Last year I played 3-4 different balls. I really liked the Gamer Soft and Gamer but they went away so now it's primarily Chrome soft truvis and Maxfli Softfli. I really like the Super Hot Bold Red a lot but they are never on sale.
I buy the used Truvis and and only found 2 in 2 dozen that were damaged in any way. It's the only way I can justify playing the Chrome Soft since I am prone to losing a few or more during a round.
Love the ball and the way you can see it spin and Check up on chips.

Cost it the #1 factor when I buy balls.

I have no idea, it just says Tour Performance on it.

... The ball on the left <Tour Performance> is the 4 piece and the one on the right <Performance+> is the 3 piece.

Attachments

• aKS.jpg
    aKS.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Three brands are currently in my bag. TP5, B330tourX and ProV1x

I only buy one brand but will still try others, just in small quantities

... The ball on the left <Tour Performance> is the 4 piece and the one on the right <Performance+> is the 3 piece.

I guess I play the 4 piece then. Thanks!

Z-Star or PV1x on decent ball striking days and DUO on not so decent ball striking days

The only two brands I have played, other than an occasional ball I’ve found, have been Callaway and Snell. Between what I brought home from #TheGrandaddy and what reward points I have on Callawaygolf.com I’m set for balls for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually play 4, Callaway, Wilson, Bridgestone, Titleist. If I switch I will pull one and put in Snell.

I guess 3 primarily depending on the course and how likely I am to lose them. Callaway, Kirkland, and wilsons

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Played Callaway Chromesoft for a few seasons but have found that I like Srixon really well. Seem to get along with the XV so I'll probably make the switch after I play the free dozen of TP5x I have.

I keep using the Titleist AVX but I need to try some others out. I like the chrome soft also and will try out the TP5s soon.

Snell MTB Red,Srixon Q star Tour and Q Star,and Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis all in yellow, or yellow /black.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think if you're trying to play your best golf pick one ball and get used to it. Mixing up golf balls is a potential recipe for inconsistency.

DT

Presently, two. Taylormade and Titleist. But most of 2018 was Taylormade, runner up goes to Wilson Staff.

Currently have a sleeve of Vice pro + Reds, Titleist AVX, and TP5 in the bag. They all play fairly similar for me. I really like the AVX but they are $10-15 more a dozen than the others.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Usually whatever I find at my home course, which tends to be a lot of Pro V1s and Chrome Softs.

Last balls I bought were Tour B RX.

Man, I kind of play a lot. I like trying different balls, and there are so many good balls out there right now. Here's what I currently have on hand:

Bridgestone B330RX
Wilson Staff DUO Soft Spin
Wilson Staff DUO Urethane
Oncore ELIXIR
Callaway Chromesoft
Callaway Chromesoft X
Srixon Q-Star Tour
Srixon Z-Star
Srixon Z-Star XV
Snell MTB Black
Taylormade Project @
Taylormade TP5

And I'm always looking for more.

I play whatever is cheap. I used to be someone who only played 1 brand and kind of ball but lately Ive come to realize that its all just marketing.

Pretty well play whatever I find or pick up cheap, skill level just isn't there for me to see a difference I guess. A well hit range ball feels just like a well hit KSig to me. Not sure at what level you start to notice a difference and feel?

I decided to branch out a little bit this year and try some new balls. I got a screaming deal on some chrome softs and also snagged 4 dozen Kirkland balls when they came back in stock online. I'm still drawn toward the Pro V1x but the Chromesoft seemed to work better off the tee for me. Jury is still out on the Kirkland balls. Not quite sure what to make of them yet.

One. Snell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play chrome soft truvis almost exclusively. I tried a couple of different balls last year but kept going back to the chrome soft.

Back