How many different brands of golf balls do you play?

Pretty well play whatever I find or pick up cheap, skill level just isn't there for me to see a difference I guess. A well hit range ball feels just like a well hit KSig to me. Not sure at what level you start to notice a difference and feel?

If you regularly play really cheap balls and then hit a quality ball you should definitely notice a difference. I certainly do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main balls i used in 2018 were a variety of Callaway, Titleist and Q star Tours. I did find a few newer Taylormade TP5 and TP5x and enjoyed them so may buy some of those.

I few years ago I played the original Chrome Soft for almost a full season but the last couple I had switched between a few different models, primarily the Snell MTB, Chrome Soft, TP5 and Bridgestone. This year it will be back to the Chrome Soft all season.

In season

April 15th thru Oct I play Chromesoft Truvis

Out of season I play a mismash of balls B330 Srixon XV Snell Red or Black

Consistently just one, Srixon.

I've been all about the Bridgestone Tour B RXS for a bit now and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Usually Srixon more times than not.

Occasionally some callaway or Bridgestone

Wilson Staff Duo has been my primary ball this year, and I've been pleased with it. I have never hit tee shots as long as I have with this ball.

I've mixed in some Srixon SoftFeel and Titleist DT TruSoft, but didn't like them as much; may just need some more play with them.

I put a Callaway Supersoft in play a few weeks ago and really liked it. It might knock the Duo out of the top spot.

Waiting in the next tiers up: Srixon Q Star Tour, Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis, and Chrome Soft X in THP Truvis. I thought Truvis was a gimmick until seeing it action. I might be sold on it now.

2019 is the year I settle on a ball. I have bought at least a dozen of each of the following, and will be doing tests to see which is best for me. I think I prefer the Chromesoft, but I am open to having my mind changed.

Callaway Chromesoft
Callaway Diablo
Top Flite Gamer
Snell Red
Snell Black
Kirkland Signature Urethane (3 piece)

Currently play the Noodle. Good ball for the money ($15 for 15). Not in love with it, but I am not quite confident in my skill to play the higher dollar ones. When I can get to a point where I'm striking the ball with my irons more consistently I am going to go with the Snells. I did play a couple "lost" Wilson DuoSofts. Nice ball for sure.

I usually buy a dozen of what is on offer, be it pro v1, tp5x, snell balls, bridgestones, srixons, callaway, even some nikes which I have found really good.
I prefer to use TP5X as they are hella long and feel good on the putter. I prefer to not use callaway balls as I find my dispersion left and right is more pronounced with them (not a scooby doo why)

Typically 3, all depending mainly on the time of year (i.e. Weather and temperature).

Wilson Duo Professional (Duo-U before that)
Srixon Q Star Tour
Bridgestone Tour B RXS

I have some Titleist AVX I'm looking forward to trying out this coming spring.

Callaway SuperSofts have been my go to for a while. Last year I played Chrome Soft Truvis, SuperSoft, and Q-Stars. This year I'll be thawing the season out with some Wilson Duos (thank you Secret Santa), and once things get warm I'll be putting my new Snells into action (again, thank you Secret Santa). I've still got a half dozen Truvis, a half dozen Supersofts, a full dozen Q-stars and 3 sleeves of ProV1s so I won't need to buy balls for a minute but I have a feeling I'm going to like these Snells. Callaway will always be in the rotation, though.

This time of year I mainly use Vice Pro + red balls due to easily seen. I have also used around 4-5 other balls this year. I can’t really tell a huge difference since they are all 3 and 4 piece balls.

Usually the Callaway ChromeSoft yellow, but was given a dozen Pro V1's so they will be in the mix.

When I can get to a point where I'm striking the ball with my irons more consistently I am going to go with the Snells. I did play a couple "lost" Wilson DuoSofts. Nice ball for sure.

If you like the Duos, give the Callaway Supersofts a try.

I would play ProV1's and ProV1x's if they weren't so cost prohibitive. I usually order the 4 for 3 deal every Easter and save them for "special" rounds. In the interim I sub in just about whatever urethane covered ball I can find. Lately I've been playing the Srixons mostly. I like that I can order two dozen for $60 free shipping and not have to mess around.

BIG fan of the Q-Star Tours. Either those or Stars & Stripes for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back