How many different brands of golf balls do you play?

OhioGolfer

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
I have never picked a ball and tried to stick with it for an entire year. I'm thinking I might try and do that this upcoming year and see if it makes a difference. Do you guys try and stick to a certain ball for the whole year or do you like to switch it up and try different ones and if so how often do you change? So far I have bought 4 dozen of Srixon Q-Star and think I might try out the first half of the season with them and see how it goes.

Play the majority of my rounds with B330-RX and always play them in tournaments. To mix it up a little, do play Snell MTB Black, Titleist AVX and Taylor Made TP5 from time to time. All 4 of those balls play pretty darn similar for me.

Usually stick with Pro V1 but found Kirkland’s to be a better all around ball for me. I’ve been buying them like crazy. Have a few dozen Snell & Chrome Softs to try but they’ll have to be pretty special to replace the Kirkland’s.

My swing has been so inconsistent this season I really don't think the golf ball matters. With that being said, I have been playing the Wilson Staff Duo and the 50 Elite (because it's cheap), and thew Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis. I probably won't settle down and get hitched to a golf ball though. I love trying different ones.

I played the majority of my rounds with ProV1X and 2018 CS Truvis. I did play a few rounds with the Q-Star Tour.

Usually stick with Pro V1 but found Kirkland’s to be a better all around ball for me. I’ve been buying them like crazy. Have a few dozen Snell & Chrome Softs to try but they’ll have to be pretty special to replace the Kirkland’s.

I have been doing the same. I like the Kirkland.

This year I experimented with different balls and stocked up. So it will probably be another year before I settle on one or two favorites. I like the K-Sigs both 3 and 4 piece, On Core Caliber and Avant, Srixon Soft Feel, Snell Get Sum and Top Flite The Bomb.

If I had to choose one as a regular ball, right now it would either be the Srixon or Snell. I also have a couple Dozen Callaway Truvis which I haven’t played yet.

I easily played more than a dozen different balls this year. Right now I’ve got a bunch of Z Stars, TP5Xs, and MG Tour C4s stockpiled for the spring along with a couple dozen leftover Pro V1s and odds are I’ll play different models when I run out of those depending on what gets hyped this year and I feel like trying.

Just one for the next year or so. I have about 8 dozen Snell MTB’s both Black and Red which will last me the next 100+ rounds.

2. Titleist pro v1x or AVX.

I probably played 90% of my rounds with either the Chrome Soft or the Chrome Soft X this year.

I have played a bunch of different balls over the last year. Mostly its been Srixon balls or Callaway balls but a few others have been in the mix. I had a good deal on the Titleist NXTs from the previous year at $20 a dozen so a bunch of those early in the year but they cut every time I hit one so hated them. Honestly it depends on where my game is at. If its really wonky and not consistent I tend to play something cheap but if its in a good place I like Z-Stars and Chrome Softs best.

I lose a lot so I'll play a wide variety as long as I can get some greenside spin.

This year, I've played mostly Wilson Staff Duo, followed by Callaway Supersoft, Bridgestone e6 Soft, and my last round with Titleist NXT Tour, which I really, really liked. Supersoft is probably my ball of choice right now.

Chromesoft Truvis mainly. But I also have some Q star tour that I play as well.

I have typically switched it up but I’m going on about 10 months of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X.

My main is Callaway, with Wilson Staff and old Nikes as my other balls. I've had no problems with Srixons, Taylormades, Snells, Vice, or Titleist. Have never got into Volviks nor Ksigs.

I use a wide variety, but my standard balls are Money Balls when I am playing poorly, because they are cheap and work well enough. If my game is going well, I use Volvik Vivids, I just love how they feel coming off the irons. When I am playing really well, I go Snell or Pro V1, because I they give me the most distance and feel, but too expensive to be shaking into the woods.

I played CS Truvis ‘18 version nearly the entire year, but with my recent penchant for donating balls into the Arizona desert, I’ve put e6 Soft balls back into play.

2 types of balls mostly- Callaway Chrome Soft & Srixon Z-Star .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I used to play the Srixon Soft Feel back around 2000 or so, then played Titleist NXT Tour for several years, then about 3 years ago went ProV1, Bridgestone, Taylormade project (a), Nike Rzn Black, Chromesoft, and most recently, Snell. I still have a lot of all of them except the old srixons. So they all see play depending on what I feel like sticking in the bag. I’ll try to give some of the older balls some play (especially over the muddy winter) before I break out the new Snell MTB Blacks I got in the Christmas sale. $25 per dozen for new balls... had to get a couple boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone e6 softs or Callaway Supersofts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which Kirkland, the three piece of the four piece?

Wilson, Srixon, Bridgestone and Titleist

I've played probably 5 or 6 different balls through the year though I've settled to about 4 that are keepers right now. Early in the year I played the Top-Elite Gamer Tour with pretty good success. I mixed in some rounds with the K-Sig 3 piece which I liked. Then I tried the Callaway Chrome Soft and it took over as my "weekly" gamer. My last two rounds have been with Srixon Q Star Tour as a tryout. Pretty solid ball but I don't like it as well as the Chrome Soft. It is about half the cost though.

I'm hoping Santa brings some Wilson Staff Duo Professional so I can try them to see if they can fit into the mix.

Yes, I have a golf ball problem...

Back