2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still going strong on 5x5. Completed my workout on Saturday with my friends at the gym, where we kicked off a surprise bday for our one friend. Did 255 squats, 80 OHP and 325 deaflift. Completed with enough ease that mentally I'm prepared to keep going at this pace.

Going to get back In the gym today sometime to do the next round. 260 squat, 150 bench, 130 row

I know this is going to sound bad, but I hate seeing people at the gym. I mean I know I should be happy people are getting in shape. But dang it man. I had to rework my whole workout (I mentally go thru my routine as I'm driving to the gym) because some 15ish year olds were practicing cleans and Ground to OH lifts on the rack.

Let's just say it was a blah workout and this has put the home gym into full motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After stepping on the scale yesterday and not seeing a number that I liked, I've decided to start working some HIIT into my life again; a 10-minute session every morning:
Mountain climbers, Kettle Bell Swings, Suicides, Rest 30 seconds, Jumping Jacks, Knee Highs , Russian Twists, Rest 30, Shuffles, Planks, Jump Rope. Shouldn't be enough to make me tired for anything else, but should get my heart going every morning and hopefully add up to some weight loss.

After work I hit the gym for squats, OHP, and cleans. Finally wore my knee wraps and they felt so good. I initially thought they'd be too tight, but once I got them on and working, they felt really good and I had them on the rest of the workout. During squats, some well-intentioned gym goer came up to me and my brother and told us our form was all wrong and he was worried we'd hurt ourselves, so gave us some tips like: look straight ahead, not down at all, and don't let your knees go past your toes at all, and keep the weight on your heels. I kindly thanked him for his advice and went back to doing it the way I know is correct. Presses were fun as usual (/sarcasm), and then cleans felt good. Started talking to a regular that I hadn't met before because I knew he'd done a meet recently and asked him how it went, so I think it will be fun to get to know him, and maybe even consider doing meets in the future. He told me my form was awesome, and I'd trust him more than random guy anyway. Overall, a pretty good day.

After stepping on the scale yesterday and not seeing a number that I liked, I've decided to start working some HIIT into my life again; a 10-minute session every morning:
Mountain climbers, Kettle Bell Swings, Suicides, Rest 30 seconds, Jumping Jacks, Knee Highs , Russian Twists, Rest 30, Shuffles, Planks, Jump Rope. Shouldn't be enough to make me tired for anything else, but should get my heart going every morning and hopefully add up to some weight loss.

After work I hit the gym for squats, OHP, and cleans. Finally wore my knee wraps and they felt so good. I initially thought they'd be too tight, but once I got them on and working, they felt really good and I had them on the rest of the workout. During squats, some well-intentioned gym goer came up to me and my brother and told us our form was all wrong and he was worried we'd hurt ourselves, so gave us some tips like: look straight ahead, not down at all, and don't let your knees go past your toes at all, and keep the weight on your heels. I kindly thanked him for his advice and went back to doing it the way I know is correct. Presses were fun as usual (/sarcasm), and then cleans felt good. Started talking to a regular that I hadn't met before because I knew he'd done a meet recently and asked him how it went, so I think it will be fun to get to know him, and maybe even consider doing meets in the future. He told me my form was awesome, and I'd trust him more than random guy anyway. Overall, a pretty good day.
I love every part of this story.

Wow kinda scary MysteryMeat actually showed up to your gym........

Good session tonight. First these:

[video=youtube;TJag1-2QUM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJag1-2QUM8&sns=em[/video]

Then these.

For as good as I feel like my form is on my big bar lifts, I am an awful power cleaner. Awful. I am working on it, but they still look awful.

got through my 5x5 workout yesterday with no huge issues. 260 squat, 150 bench, and 135 rows.

squats and rows are no problem, i still strive to be a better bencher. I'm still having plenty of issues keeping my shoulder blades pinched and back into the bench and the chest up. I can "set-up" well for it, but as soon as the lifts get going i lose all form (at least it feels like i am). Need to put in some better form work effort during warm up sets and practice!

back at it again tomorrow :)

20% GNC right now! Was going to grab some more whey and protein bars.

20% GNC right now! Was going to grab some more whey and protein bars.

Sweet, what pre workout are you using? I don't care for the shatters sx7 so was looking to make a change.

Got about zero sleep last night, but still made it to the gym. Had to modify a few things, but a so-so workout is infinitely better than no workout. Back at it full speed tomorrow.

Sweet, what pre workout are you using? I don't care for the shatters sx7 so was looking to make a change.

No preworkout for me brotha, caffeine or energy type stuff for me is a no go these days haha. I consumed the crap out of them in college and decided it was time to stop so I dont take anything before hand, well besides my normal meal or maybe some trail mix / protein bar kinda thing. I like whey for shakes afterwards or whenever I need to reach my calories.

No preworkout for me brotha, caffeine or energy type stuff for me is a no go these days haha. I consumed the crap out of them in college and decided it was time to stop so I dont take anything before hand, well besides my normal meal or maybe some trail mix / protein bar kinda thing. I like whey for shakes afterwards or whenever I need to reach my calories.

10-4, nothing wrong with that.

I hit chest really hard today and then finished it off with about 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Stayed home today so I ran 2 miles on the treadmill in 18mins, not bad, and used my 15lb medicine ball to do core/ab and rotational work outs.

Well 6 weeks into my work outs I've shed 10lbs and a few inches. My cardio has increased 10 fold. My base is what my all out used to be. Time to find another gear

Well 6 weeks into my work outs I've shed 10lbs and a few inches. My cardio has increased 10 fold. My base is what my all out used to be. Time to find another gear

Thats good news. A fit panda could be dangerous

Great night in the gym. At this point in my progression, a light squat day was just the ticket I needed. 220x5x3 with a little less rest made for my light day. Got over the hump from last time on press and deadlifted 3 bills for reps. Hook grip was fine until the last rep. Got the bar off the ground and lost it so I went to alternate grip for my last rep. Left me winded.

Feeling some soreness in my left biscep which is weird. Chalking that up to the woodworking business I was dealing with the last 2 days.

Great night in the gym. At this point in my progression, a light squat day was just the ticket I needed. 220x5x3 with a little less rest made for my light day. Got over the hump from last time on press and deadlifted 3 bills for reps. Hook grip was fine until the last rep. Got the bar off the ground and lost it so I went to alternate grip for my last rep. Left me winded.

Feeling some soreness in my left biscep which is weird. Chalking that up to the woodworking business I was dealing with the last 2 days.
Which hand is your alternated / underhand?

Doing a lot of cardio tonight so I went with the compression shorts underneath. I wish someone would add a bit of a pouch to these things. Some days you just can't get comfortable.

Leg Day

Leg Day

Good night deadlifting. Pulled 425 for the first time. Switched to alternate grip and that made all the difference in the world for me.
Did some squat as well up to 365x3. Loving leg days right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back