Live Scoring Coming To THP Events In 2016

Were you using iPhone Marco? It was locking up on my Android. I hope it gets better for me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Talked to GameBook folks few months ago. App is geared towards iPhone users, but they said they are working on update for Android users.
Bout the only issue I have is linking my account with Facebook but that isn't a deal breaker.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

We have a local weekend tour with some friends, normally 8 of us with 4 teams of 2, playing over 2 days. I think this app will be brilliant to use going forward, definitely going to take a look at it and see if it will do what I'm hoping!

We have a local weekend tour with some friends, normally 8 of us with 4 teams of 2, playing over 2 days. I think this app will be brilliant to use going forward, definitely going to take a look at it and see if it will do what I'm hoping!

Its fun to be able to watch the leaderboard! Enjoy...

Considering that the Alabama event will be the first official event with this one used....curious if anyone has tried to see if the formats we will be playing will work easily?

Just don't really know the limitations of the app....we will be playing 9 hole head to head matches for I assume 1 point per match. Just wondering if the formats we are playing as 2 versus 2 at 9 holes will be doable and then not only see matches in progress but also overall scoring. So on the back 9 Sunday one could see current match progress and holistic team scoring for the event.

Excited to have it part of the event and very anxious to see how it performs for us.

Considering that the Alabama event will be the first official event with this one used....curious if anyone has tried to see if the formats we will be playing will work easily?

Just don't really know the limitations of the app....we will be playing 9 hole head to head matches for I assume 1 point per match. Just wondering if the formats we are playing as 2 versus 2 at 9 holes will be doable and then not only see matches in progress but also overall scoring. So on the back 9 Sunday one could see current match progress and holistic team scoring for the event.

Excited to have it part of the event and very anxious to see how it performs for us.

Select -> New Game
In the game setup menu -> tap Game
There are 20 different game types, but I'm not sure if they can be set for 9 hole matches.

There is a Ryder Cup format which might work for overall team scoring, so one person in the group can track the match using this, while others set up the app based on the individual format.

The Match Play formats, Better Ball, Geensome, and Foursome should work within the app. No Shamble format but we can use the Better Ball format for that too.

Talked to GameBook folks few months ago. App is geared towards iPhone users, but they said they are working on update for Android users.
Bout the only issue I have is linking my account with Facebook but that isn't a deal breaker.
I can't log in at all on my LG. Everything works fine on a computer, but my phone will absolutely not let me past the login screen; always an 'error'.

Select -> New Game
In the game setup menu -> tap Game
There are 20 different game types, but I'm not sure if they can be set for 9 hole matches.

There is a Ryder Cup format which might work for overall team scoring, so one person in the group can track the match using this, while others set up the app based on the individual format.

Once you select the course that you are playing, you can select between 18 & 9 holes.

I have a feeling that this cool App is going to be coming into play at A LOT of THP Events this year!

@bigtazzGOLF
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Seems to work fine with my Samsung Android. At least so far ... I haven't used it in it's official capacity yet ... still snowed in!

Once you select the course that you are playing, you can select between 18 & 9 holes.

I have a feeling that this cool App is going to be coming into play at A LOT of THP Events this year!

Does it let you pick which 9 you're playing, Mr. Gamebook Guru?

Wish you could turn the auto adjusting handicaps off so that you just see the gross scores.

Does it let you pick which 9 you're playing, Mr. Gamebook Guru?

Sure does! Once you select the course, you have to select from "How Many Holes To Play" ... Front 9, Full 18, & Back 9.

Guru has spoken!

Wish you could turn the auto adjusting handicaps off so that you just see the gross scores.

Technically I guess you could Nate. Just go to settings and zero out your handicap. The only difficulty would be that you cant go back and forth from gross to net. Remember that the detailed score card shows both, but the leaderboard only shows adjusted. Also, each time your handicap is adjusted via GHIN or whatever service you use, you need to go into settings and make the change anyway.

Hope that helps,

JM

You can, follow the below:

New Game
Click on GAME box (right side, 2nd row)
Stroke Play - Individual is default, click select in bottom right corner
Change use handicaps to no

New Game

Oh, Nice!

JM

With screen grabs:

515059cae6219163b69b6a5ac968dc1e.jpg

e43a68470f29b10b467bb61812952329.jpg

cf03d2459f392982a6aa0013d49a192c.jpg

New Game

Very good Cookie, just tried it and worked it appears in a quick mock game I did. Thanks!

Be sure to setup the event beforehand on their website. It allows to fine tune beyond what the app allows. Also make sure that it has the courses/tee boxes that you will play and that they are accurate. Its pretty easy to go through and update it if necessary.

Very good Cookie, just tried it and worked it appears in a quick mock game I did. Thanks!

Cool, I'm going to start using it also. For just casual rounds, definitely makes sense.

I can't log in at all on my LG. Everything works fine on a computer, but my phone will absolutely not let me past the login screen; always an 'error'.
Which LG? It's working fine on my G3.

I'd email support for help.
Be sure to give phone info.

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF
using Tapatalk #GoVols

It doesn't work on my Note 5, but fortunetly I have a LG3 from my job and it works on there. I sent out a bunch of requests today. Username is just like it is here, Just_Hacking.

Used the app for the first time today. It is really easy to use. Adding comments and pics are pretty easy. I can't wait to use it during a THP event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used the app for the first time today. It is really easy to use. Adding comments and pics are pretty easy. I can't wait to use it during a THP event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting up the round. Nice shootin!

JM

Back