Golf items you wouldn't buy for yourself.

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
What golf items won't you buy yourself. For instance, I know I will be getting golf balls for Christmas, so I won't be buying myself any of those. But I know I won't get any clubs for Christmas, so I would buy those. Not that I am. Just an example. It doesn't have to be just for Christmas. What wouldn't you buy your self period? Just cuz of it's gimmicky or whatever.

My list that I wouldn't buy is just based off of Christmas to start. Will list my others later.

Golf Balls
Golf Gloves
Hats
Golf Cart Heater
Golf Cart cover
any sort of training aids
Tee's

THP, What says you... WHAT GOLF ITEMS WOULND'T YOU BUY FOR YOURSELF?

The Perfect Strike wedge. Not because I’ll be receiving one (I hope).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A launch monitor, would love to have one but a little pricey

Golf cart walking or riding accessories.

Otherwise everything is free game. My wife usually tries and gifts me rounds of golf instead of actual items which I really appreciate.

I have never bought a lesson. My wife gifted it to me last year and its awesome, still have 2 left.

Launch monitor. Nice to have, but I wouldn’t buy one.

Fancy headcovers. Love them, but I play clones and off brand clubs, so the covers cost as much as or more than my clubs. That would be dumb.

Balls
Tees
Iron Covers

Lie and Loft Machine. Would absolutely love to have one but know that it is unlikely that I would ever use it enough in my lifetime to justify the lofty price of it in comparison to paying someone to do the adjustments.

Definitely not a trackman indoor simulator. No room for it.

Golf balls! I find far more than I lose so I only play golf balls that I find.

Even at that I still donate my fair share to the range.

Whiskey

I wouldn't buy the following for myself.

Iron Headcovers

Weird gimmicky training aids

Ball Retriever

Towel

Launch Monitor

Weird looking clubs - ie that Harry Taylor wedge

Sports team themed any kind of golf gear/accessory/apparel

I'm going to say a GPS unit. I've always wanted one but in 6+ years of being a golf nerd I've never actually found the will to pay for one.

Iron covers or ball retriever when you have those to things take your sign down because you are out of business

Here are a few things I would never buy and would hope not to be gifted:

1. One of those suction cups placed on the end of the putter grip to retrieve a ball out of the cup.

2. Ball retriever.

3. Iron head covers.

Not sure if this is things you want, but would not buy or things you just don't have any interest in whatsoever.

Things I kind of want, but won't pay for/haven't paid for yet:

Launch monitor (even the $300 variety would be cool, but that is too much)
Arcoss or something like it (kind of in between wanting it, but not sure how well it would work)
Custom headcover for my woods (I am probably going to get a shepherd's tartan headcover from Seamus because I am a part time pastor and that's how I view that portion of my life as shepherding others to better life's for themselves)

Things I don't want at all:

Iron headcovers
Training aids
Collectible putter covers

I don't understand the hating on ball retrievers. Could someone please explain.

They are evil devices that selfish, mostly old guys use to slow down play.

Agree with Tahoebum. I have no issue with retrievers...if the user quickly pulls a ball out of the water and keeps moving. Way too often, the retriever turns into a fishing pole. I've played with a guy who's around 65 and a cardiologist (i.e. not living check to check! :D). He just can't help himself when going by water. It's like a dog seeing a squirrel. The best solution is to just keep moving and meet him at the green. Waiting only encourages him to keep looking.

80% of the training aids I’d never buy. Ball retriever, club brush, clip on towel, putter clip, suction cup, a chipper, off set woods or hybo.

I have to buy ALL my golf stuff. Wife refuses to buy me golf anything. Even among my golf buddies, we do NOT do golf related stuff. Nobody wants those $5 plastic iron covers or glove frame. Closest golf thing might be a gift certificate for a nice course- just so we all split it when we play it anyway.

I buy all my stuff. I’m picky and my wife knows it, so I get GC if someone wants to get me something .

I buy all my stuff. I’m picky and my wife knows it, so I get GC if someone wants to get me something .

Ha-ha....can't have the wife cutting corners on things she "thinks" you would like! I'm pretty much the same way although I do give her and the girls some wiggle room on buying me a shirt or pullover when needed. They have seen what I wear and have a pretty good idea the brands I like.

80% of the training aids I’d never buy. Ball retriever, club brush, clip on towel, putter clip, suction cup, a chipper, off set woods or hybo.

Oh, yeah, I forgot the dreaded chipper. I bought my wife one, though, and it works for her, but she plays golf twice a year.

that's funny. I'd buy a ball retriever. Heck it gets slow sometimes. Helps pass the time. However, I will not dig for balls and hold people up.

Back