Cobra F6 Baffler Fairway Wood

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
FowlerEquipment-847-Halleran.jpg

The yet-to-be-released club features Cobra's signature sole rail design and an adjustable weighting system that runs between the rails. Launch and forgiveness can be dialed in depending on the position of the 3- and 20-gram weights.

Stumbled upon this info today, interesting to see the baffler and f6 combine.

I've seen this several times. It's said to be excellent from the turf, especially excelling in rough.

Hahaha, I've been eyeing this one a bit.

No way it replaces my HW, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, I do think it could be a weapon and possibly quite similar in performance and versatility in that spot still.

This club will be on my ponder list.

wow. Looks super interesting. So much good Cobra equipment in 2016.

Having never hit any of the prior-generation Baffler woods, it seems to me that the rails would be great to help get the ball up from the rough, but that they'd make it more difficult to pick the ball up cleanly from the fairway (similar to a wedge with too much bounce). Is that at all the case?

Cobra has the club game back on with almost ALL of their 2016 offerings, for sure! This is no different.

The baffler was a good option. I have pondered putting one back in the bag, may have to wait for this one.

I enjoyed the previous Bafflers, but the look of this one is really cool from what I can tell.

Very likely that I would add one of these as I played a Baffler 5 wood for over a decade back in the day.

Love this concept. Always wanted to see what the rails could do in a fairway with out the offset of the previous baffler lines.

I need this to come out soon. I really want one in the bag.

They are pretty excited about it. MikeDean441 and I got a pretty good preview of the line.

They are pretty excited about it. MikeDean441 and I got a pretty good preview of the line.

Nice, any word on release date. I tried on twitter and got no reply.

aren't they gorgeous in hand? pretty small footprint.

Ugh.. They were at the PGA show and I failed to even pick one up or take a look.

Ugh.. They were at the PGA show and I failed to even pick one up or take a look.
Distracted by Blair and Holly? Wait that was Wardy hehe

Distracted by Blair and Holly? Wait that was Wardy hehe

Man, you cut across ONE line for autographs to catch up to the group and you'll never hear the end of it

Looks like I need to hold off on switching 3 woods until this comes out. It sounds pretty cool.

Rumor is a 6/1 release.

Also I've heard a shorter than normal shaft length. Like 40-41.5" range to bridge the gap between a hybrid and 3/4 wood.

aren't they gorgeous in hand? pretty small footprint.

They are different. They know that this year's release is limited but have big plans moving forward. Got to hear one of the funniest stories ever during the creation and the rails.

What I find strange is the Baffler line was usually a super game improvement club. This one is based on the Bio Cell +. Interesting shift there.

What I find strange is the Baffler line was usually a super game improvement club. This one is based on the Bio Cell +. Interesting shift there.

Not really. The Baffler was the first club King Cobra ever made and over the years many of their utility clubs were called that. They went away from the line and the rails under different people and named some entire lines Baffler and XL Baffler Then they created a railed club for Fowler who fell in love with it and decided to bring it back in limited fashion this year, and have major plans for it (as mentioned above) for the future.

In fact King Cobra had announcers on the staff as hybrids became popular on tour, and they called all hybrids Bafflers. It was solid marketing.

Back