Where is Your Driver Impact?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We all know that misses take place, so outside of center contact do you have a typical miss on the face?

Towards the toe and slightly elevated from center. Didnt play much in 2018 but those misses were bombs with the F8+

probably low on the face for me, usually toward the center. so it’s straight but short. and yes, that is in fact what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

High on the face or to the heel side

My miss historically has been low heel, an area of the club that give horrible performance. I have been working on some swing changes and I have been noticing some misses out towards the toe.

I would usually answer this with high toe. But during my most recent fitting I was low heel. Now those were probably my first swings in months so I wasnt expecting my A game so I would say when im in a groove, my miss is high toe

I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity full face user. However, more of my misses are to the toe side and low.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Towards the toe and slightly elevated from center. When I'm striking good it is center and straight up from there.

Toe side

Towards the toe and slightly elevated from center. Didnt play much in 2018 but those misses were bombs with the F8+

... Right there with you, although I found the F8 even more forgiving of a slightly high/toe strike than the F8+.

High toe. Fore left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toe side here.

I get my money’s worth and use the entire face. But the most common miss is high toe.

Normal hit is maybe 2 dimples high and a dimple or 2 toe side of center. Misses are generally higher or toe-ier, or a combination of those. Rarely heel side as a miss.

I miss high on the face mostly, and toe side. Recently have been getting heely though

My misses tend to be vertical not so much lateral. Low center misses happen more often than high center.

High and closer to the heel!

Low & heel side. Just one of many things I'm working on correcting.

Tends to be thin or toe miss. Thin makes a low runner, too miss does the ole' duck hook.

Most misses are low heel, a bullet to the left side. But once in a while, overcompensation leads to high toe and a big high slice is the result.

Highish, toeish.

Both the Epic and Rogue SZ have been godsends wrt that contact!

Typical? Uhm.... the entire face. And once or twice the crown.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I mostly miss in a pattern all around the center grooves with an occasional shot somewhat in the middle of the face. A few times a round I miss high toe with some nasty results.

nomDDr8.jpg

High toe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My miss is the center of the face.

Back