2019 Morgan Cup Travel/Extra Rounds Thread #THPMC2019

Just northwest of Richmond in Hanover County

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very cool - good to know. I’m a world away it seems even though I’m only 90 miles north. I did plenty of work down in your next neck of the woods for a company that starts and ends with an A. I’m sure you know the one.

Anyway - I’m flying down but there is so much CPG goodness to consider. That and I am raiding pro shops the whole time I’m down there so maybe I’ll bring two empty bags. That enough?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool - good to know. I’m a world away it seems even though I’m only 90 miles north. I did plenty of work down in your next neck of the woods for a company that starts and ends with an A. I’m sure you know the one.

Anyway - I’m flying down but there is so much CPG goodness to consider. That and I am raiding pro shops the whole time I’m down there so maybe I’ll bring two empty bags. That enough?!

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I'd love to somehow get a flag like Bryson does after every win, but I have a feeling they don't stock those for sale.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I'd love to somehow get a flag like Bryson does after every win, but I have a feeling they don't stock those for sale.

A lot of courses do. It’s a popular buy. I hope they do here.

If you buy too much I'm sure I'll have room in the car and am happy to get it back to Virginia for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sun/Mon depends when we get off the island - but I may stay at the hyatt by the airport - i wouldn’t mind staying in Savannah though as I’ve never been there and it could be cool to check out

Just booked my flights, flying into and out of Hilton Head (HHH). Was the cheapest option so went with it. I land at HHH at 9AM on Friday morning, and I take off from HHH at 7AM on Monday morning. The price I got was the cheapest that Hopper has seen the past 3 months so I figured I would lock that down and then figure out the rest of the logistics along the way.

Just booked my flights, flying into and out of Hilton Head (HHH). Was the cheapest option so went with it. I land at HHH at 9AM on Friday morning, and I take off from HHH at 7AM on Monday morning. The price I got was the cheapest that Hopper has seen the past 3 months so I figured I would lock that down and then figure out the rest of the logistics along the way.
I might have to take the red eye from Vegas Thursday night to get in to Hilton Head at a decent price. Bonus is that I don't have to get a hotel room for that night.

I might have to take the red eye from Vegas Thursday night to get in to Hilton Head at a decent price. Bonus is that I don't have to get a hotel room for that night.

What does it look like to Savannah? HH was far more expensive for me.

For the hours I was looking to fly on each day, Hilton Head ending up being about $200 cheaper than Savannah (I was a bit surprised by this as I thought it would be the other way around).

To the captains.
Are you planning a Friday practice round with your team? Regardless of course.

What are the chances your whole team will be arriving at similar times to ride the ferry together?

I'm thinking about the following itinerary:

Arrive Friday, 3/22 12:40 pm to SAV
Depart Monday 3/25 5:35 am from SAV

Cost and timing-wise, this looks like it works the best for me. Flight gets in a little later than I'd originally like on Friday though, so I may hold off on booking the flight down to see if a better option opens up. Happy to carpool or share an Uber with anyone getting in around the same time (or anyone heading to SAV on Sunday night). Would likely get a hotel Sunday night in Savannah for my ridiculously early Monday flight.

Now to spend my afternoon binging on the Cobra website! :drool:

Sun/Mon depends when we get off the island - but I may stay at the hyatt by the airport - i wouldn’t mind staying in Savannah though as I’ve never been there and it could be cool to check out

Unless you really have a desire to check out downtown Savannah, you are better off just getting a hotel close to the SAV airport if you are flying out early Monday morning. If you stay on Hilton Head Island, budget at least one hour for travel time to the SAV airport.

For those considering flying out on Sunday night: my flight out from the Odyssey event was at 6 PM on Sunday night and that was comfortable for me. Not sure what time you guys will get done with play on Sunday night in your event, but wanted to give you some insight.

Unless you really have a desire to check out downtown Savannah, you are better off just getting a hotel close to the SAV airport if you are flying out early Monday morning. If you stay on Hilton Head Island, budget at least one hour for travel time to the SAV airport.

For those considering flying out on Sunday night: my flight out from the Odyssey event was at 6 PM on Sunday night and that was comfortable for me. Not sure what time you guys will get done with play on Sunday night in your event, but wanted to give you some insight.

Most likely staying at the Airport Hyatt - unless I change my flight to leave later on Monday, but we'll see how everything flushes out.

To the captains.
Are you planning a Friday practice round with your team? Regardless of course.

What are the chances your whole team will be arriving at similar times to ride the ferry together?

I definitely plan on having a practice round on Friday. No way to know just yet what time everyone is arriving. I know for me I’m not booking travel until after the holidays

Most likely staying at the Airport Hyatt - unless I change my flight to leave later on Monday, but we'll see how everything flushes out.

I'm sure you've noticed that Crosswinds GC is right next door to the Hyatt. I saw it when looking for courses nearby, convenient to be close to the airport. I think I'll be staying close to the airport too.

What does it look like to Savannah? HH was far more expensive for me.

For the hours I was looking to fly on each day, Hilton Head ending up being about $200 cheaper than Savannah (I was a bit surprised by this as I thought it would be the other way around).

HH was a little more expensive, but I was thinking that I might need to rent a car if I flew into Savannah.

So my plans are about 99% set, although not booked.

3/20 Wed - Arrive SAV @ 10:25pm
3/21 - Practice round, NCAA tournament watching, and relaxing before the fun begins
3/25 Mon - leave SAV @ 9:00am

I figured I'd get a cheap room Wed/Thur at one of the hotels around the airport. If anyone wants to join, you're welcome to share the room, and I'd even get an adjacent one too if we have a crew. Crosswinds Golf Club is right there for a practice round.

Still open to changing, especially with more info about Friday's schedule, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone wants to join me early.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all is well during the holidays. Booking sometime tomorrow. Flying into HH from Providence Friday evening and leaving Monday morning. Flights are about $280 with a checked bag. Seems reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all is well during the holidays. Booking sometime tomorrow. Flying into HH from Providence Friday evening and leaving Monday morning. Flights are about $280 with a checked bag. Seems reasonable.

Make sure your Friday flight gets in with enough time to make it to the island for the R & D Presentation Friday evening

Make sure your Friday flight gets in with enough time to make it to the island for the R & D Presentation Friday evening
So sorry. Thursday day before 715pm

Do we have any set times yet for Friday? I'm coming early anyways but I'm just curious

I am curious as well. We should be getting more info soon. I know the days from now until then are about fly.

Enjoy, I am Sooo Jelly

Anyone see the F9 irons available to demo yet?

Whoops, wrong thread.

My flights are booked:

Arrive SAV @ 10:25pm on Wed 3/20
Depart SAV @ 9:00am on Mon 3/25

Haven't gotten hotel yet, but it will be by the airport. I'm happy to share a room, and even book 2 adjacent rooms if enough people want to join me. I'm thinking of playing at Crosswinds on Thursday, which is by the airport as well.

Back