Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag Review

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
Well THP, it finally happened. I found a bag that I'm happy with!!!

giphy.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I'm so pleased with the bag that I decided to do a quick review of it in the event there are others considering picking one up! I was actually looking at this bag (albeit in black since the matte black wasn't available yet) last year, but when I got quoted $200 shipping out here to Hawaii that made the purchase unrealistic. I saw Molten post about his the other day so I decided to try and find one from a vendor that wasn't going to charge me the price of a bag for shipping and I found this bag on eBay with much more reasonable shipping. Enough of that...on to the review!

After going over the entire bag, it literally has many of the features I enjoyed on the Ping Hoofer and the Sun Mountain Four 5. The overall quality is way better, which is what you'd expect when paying over $300 for a golf bag!

Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag, 14-way, Matte Black

The good:
- The layout of the 14-way top, especially the putter well!
- Plenty of storage including a 'stealth' valuables pocket with a lock!
- Extremely comfortable straps
- Stealthy design with very few logos (I'm a fan of the incognito look)
- Enclosed base with smooth stand leg deployment
- No tangling when pulling clubs out of the bag (I use midsize grips)
- Impressive build quality

The okay:
- The towel hook/loop doubles as a ball marker, which looks kind of odd.
- No dedicated water bottle pouch. The cold item zipper pouch looks to be more dual use, so we'll see how it is on the course.

Simply put, I could've saved myself some money figuring out a way to get this bag last year. Either way, I'm glad I ended up with one and I look forward to getting some mileage on this incredibly sexy golf bag!

Feel free to post any questions in the thread and I hope y'all found this to be useful!

zQqoRdfl.jpg

f18FwWvl.jpg

95R9olal.jpg

WVoMHQKl.jpg

pyFKlHwl.jpg

LTrDntDl.jpg

MuU0DHFl.jpg

tDvnOMxl.jpg

nruJECFl.jpg

CUHraJRl.jpg

ggVFq1Cl.jpg

x8wOb5Jl.jpg

zSJoHcgl.jpg

Lu5wXTNl.jpg

8JEmW8Fl.jpg

CRuGQdBl.jpg

Last edited:
As I said in another your other thread. Serious bag envy. I have a perfectly good bag but if I had 3 hundred just laying around I’d buy this exact bag in a heart beat.

I like your style. Great looking bag. And thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As I said in another your other thread. Serious bag envy. I have a perfectly good bag but if I had 3 hundred just laying around I’d buy this exact bag in a heart beat.

Thanks! I want to say they have free shipping in the contiguous 48 so I’d keep an eye out for sales if you’re interested in one. I’m not trying to oversell it either...it’s a really nice bag!

Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag Review

That is an awesome purchase/investment Josh! I ordered the black cart bag and have it in a box waiting to open it on my birthday on 12/26. I ordered it when they had a 25% off deal
a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to put clubs in it!! Hoping this will be a keeper bag for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an awesome purchase/investment Josh! I ordered the black cart bag and have it in a box waiting to open it on my birthday on 12/26. I ordered it when they had a 25% off deal
a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to put clubs in it!! Hoping this will be a keeper bag for years.

That’s awesome. Happy Birthday. I never cared for individual slots for my clubs but with this bag it just looks right. I’ll have to start saving a bit. I don’t need it until spring.

I watched an interview with their CEO on Worldwide Golf Shops YouTube channel that lasted about 10 minutes earlier this week. Great story and was very impressed with the designs and features he was describing. The magnetic pocket and the lockable valuables pocket are very cool.

Great looking bag and really great to hear that you're so pumped up about it, especially have the substantial investment! Hopefully you love it just as much or more after a few rounds.

Give us some more pictures when you have it loaded with your clubs.

Great looking bag!

Yep, that’s pretty sweet

That’s awesome. Happy Birthday. I never cared for individual slots for my clubs but with this bag it just looks right. I’ll have to start saving a bit. I don’t need it until spring.

They’ve got deals now where you get a gift card with the price depending on how much you spend. If you sign up for emails I believe you get a discount.

Nice write up hicksta. Glad you found "the one"!

Glad I saw this thread. Somehow I was unaware of this company. I was about to order a new Ping cart bag to go along with my Hoofer lite but now I’m going to order the Lux 2.0 cart bag in black. I only rode in a cart once at my home club last summer and after carrying my entire life I ��started to use the Clicgear push carts that the club provides for $70 per season. The Vessel cart bag looks like it will work perfectly with the Clicgear and I love the step up in quality. I’m guessing this bag will last twice as long and look much better as it ages than the Sun Mountain, Ping, and Ogio bags I seen to wear out after a few years.

Great write up, Hicksta! I’m stunned that Vessel isn’t a main stay on THP - super high quality and customizable. Seems like what we like here.

I know I love mine!

df851f11b9aca2906ab0331ef43141f2.jpg
a8a8415416a438b70648a7d4ed7c0732.jpg

Glad I saw this thread. Somehow I was unaware of this company. I was about to order a new Ping cart bag to go along with my Hoofer lite but now I’m going to order the Lux 2.0 cart bag in black. I only rode in a cart once at my home club last summer and after carrying my entire life I ��started to use the Clicgear push carts that the club provides for $70 per season. The Vessel cart bag looks like it will work perfectly with the Clicgear and I love the step up in quality. I’m guessing this bag will last twice as long and look much better as it ages than the Sun Mountain, Ping, and Ogio bags I seen to wear out after a few years.

An intervention!!!

Great write up, Hicksta! I’m stunned that Vessel isn’t a main stay on THP - super high quality and customizable. Seems like what we like here.

I know I love mine!

Love the stealth look of the black but those white ones are SHARP. Tough to keep clean?

Love the stealth look of the black but those white ones are SHARP. Tough to keep clean?

I’m sure it will be a battle but one worth fighting. I haven’t been able to play since I got it thanks to our record rainfall.

Very nice review! That is a really nice looking bag!

What material is it made of and how is it holding up to scuffing?

Very nice review! That is a really nice looking bag!

What material is it made of and how is it holding up to scuffing?

Thanks! The Vessel website describes the material as 'micro suede synthetic leather', and it has very nice feel to it. TBD on the scuffing, but it looks and feels like it can withstand the typical wear and tear and then some.

I know I love mine!

I noticed this yesterday, but the carrying handles at the top are different on the 14-way and the 6-way.

I noticed this yesterday, but the carrying handles at the top are different on the 14-way and the 6-way.

I saw that too but I’m not sure it’s really a difference. Mine has a snap on leather piece that hides the real handle. I’ll investigate more

Totally different top handle, confirmed.

An intervention!!!

Lol! I also like the fact that I won't be seeing many of these Vessel bags out on my home course or any other course for that matter. Owning uncommon equipment is a huge attraction for me no matter the sport!

Back