Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

• Total voters
Wow! I had a few inside of 3 inches like that before getting one, your time will come!

Since I don't have the game for a course record I will take a hole in one. Almost had one the other day.
91940e113ace4ddd328a91ca6c4b2c0d.jpg

Last edited:
I have two holes-in-one, so owning a course record would be something new. I've never shot under-par, so this would be incredible. It's an entire round of success, not just one shot.

Course record.

A HIO is pretty much 95% luck, where as a course record takes skill.

Course record hands down. Sustained superior performance.

For me it's course record as that means I played the whole round at my best. Anything can happen to get a HIO.

I had a hole-in-one when I was 15 (now 62). Quite a few close calls, but only one - kinda weird for a scratch golfer, college player, amateur tournament player, with probably 7-8 thousand rounds played. Actually, very few par-4 holeout eagles as well. But, at least I had the one.

Course record was something I shot at for years. At my home course between 1980 and 2011, except a 5 year break in the late 80's, I tried a lot. My course only recognized tournament rounds for a course record, so there were only a few chances each year. The course played long and hard from the back tees, and the record stood at 68 (set by an Augusta State player who was a member) on a day that the pro told me before we played he set it up easy hoping for a new record. A few years passed, and I had my shot - I got it going well on the last day of the club championship, and with just a few holes to play I had stretched out an 8 shot lead. I was 3 under on the day, but couldn't get that next birdie coming in, and wound up with a 69. That's as close as I ever came.

And it won't happen now - a few years ago they held a Nike tour type tourney there, and several of those guys laid down 63's there like it was nothing.

Course record for sure. I've got an ACE and as great as it was at the moment, it still doesn't beat shooting my low scores. :)

Since I don't have the game for a course record I will take a hole in one. Almost had one the other day.
91940e113ace4ddd328a91ca6c4b2c0d.jpg

Dude ... so close! No gust of wind or anything? Is that a ball mark right next to the ball? It didn't just stop there did it? That's crazy!

As much as course record proves skill and hole in ones could be total fluke by someone that doesn't even golf... I would still go Hole In One. Like many others said above, this stays with you for life. Also, I would love one of those hole in one plack's for my office!!!

Course records come and go but an HIO lasts forever.

I have neither, but hopefully the HIO comes this season.

I don't know if I will ever have the game for a course record so I will gladly take the hole in one.

Definitely course record. While some luck is necessary to shoot a course record, it means all aspects of your game we on point. A hole in one is simply a lucky shot. I don't have one but have come close. My closest was 3" many years ago. After hitting that shot I head to the next tee and an elderly man asks me how close I came. His response was "Ben Hogan once told me that a hole is one is luck but hitting the ball close is skill". That golfer was former PGA player Chandler Harper.

Not course record but personal best on same day as HIO.

Not course record but personal best on same day as HIO.

OR.....I'll shoot the course record while recording a hole in one during that round. I like that better.

Made HIO on same day as shooting 71. My best round to date! Not course record but pretty pleased with myself. 151 yds.

imagepng
imagepng

Last edited:
I want that elusive hole-in-one!!

Course record any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back