where do you prefer to trade old equipment in? best prices and has bonuses?

kabal57

Infidel
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
who do you guys use?
I'd like to trade in a bunch of old stuff and want to get in on some kind of trade in bonus to maximize what I can get out of these things. It's older left handed stuff, so I'm sure not many in the for sale forums here would be interested. Plus i'd rather just dump it all at one shot. Dicks has decent values, but anyone know of any upcoming trade in deals?

I'd like to trade them into a place where I can custom order new clubs vs the stock offerings on sites like rock bottom.

can anyone help me out?

who do you guys use?
I'd like to trade in a bunch of old stuff and want to get in on some kind of trade in bonus to maximize what I can get out of these things. It's older left handed stuff, so I'm sure not many in the for sale forums here would be interested. Plus i'd rather just dump it all at one shot. Dicks has decent values, but anyone know of any upcoming trade in deals?

I'd like to trade them into a place where I can custom order new clubs vs the stock offerings on sites like rock bottom.

can anyone help me out?

Most places use the PGA value guide. --> https://valueguide.pga.com/trade-in/

If you use the web link above you can either get a check or site credit.

You could potentially wait for the club you want, the OEMs often have trade in bonuses, and then trade in towards that. You'll never get good value trading though, but you do get convenience.

Dave

yeah, convenience is what I'm after. I have about 10 things I want to trade in, and don't want to ship out 10 different packages of stuff to 10 different locations.

As a lefty, I never trade in to Global Golf. I'll buy at great deals for LH stuff but the trade off is they pay less for LH on trade.

Most places use the PGA value guide. --> https://valueguide.pga.com/trade-in/

If you use the web link above you can either get a check or site credit.

You could potentially wait for the club you want, the OEMs often have trade in bonuses, and then trade in towards that. You'll never get good value trading though, but you do get convenience.

Dave

Yeah, PGA guide thing is what most use- Golf Galaxy took my R11s and a Tour Octane at a decent rate towards my M3 plus my points got me a few extra bucks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best value I've found is Callaway's 50% trade in bonus towards their new line. Callaway/CPO offers trade in values that usually exceed PGA Value Guide. Those obviously require a purchase of greater value though.

I do use Rock Bottom when they have their 50% bonus, which I believe they have now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Try golfclubbrokers.com, reasonable prices and they pay cash that you re-spend anywhere!! Good Luck!

When I dumped my 2 hybrids, these guys gave me the best price. Super easy to use too.
http://www.igolfvalueguide.com

Actually looking into offloading a few things myself and in my searches TGW is offering the highest value but you get a certificate and not cash.

I seem to trade in or trade up my clubs too much. Never give myself a chance to get use to the clubs. Not this time....i am set with a new set (last year purchase) of callaway steelheads.

I seem to trade in or trade up my clubs too much. Never give myself a chance to get use to the clubs. Not this time....i am set with a new set (last year purchase) of callaway steelheads.

Trading golf gear excessively does cost a lot of money! That is part of my reason why I'm freezing my bag for 2019.

DT

Where are you located and what LH stuff ya getting rid of I am always looking for LH upgrades could be a one stop drop if I need it

Where are you located and what LH stuff ya getting rid of I am always looking for LH upgrades could be a one stop drop if I need it

cobra f6 driver, flyz+ driver, F6 irons 4-aw, rsi 1 irons, 4-aw
tm superfast 1.0, and a few random hybrids and f7 fairway (new)

I usually use Global Golf, but I wait until they have one of their special trade-in promos. If you wait you'll get a 120% and sometimes 130% deal on trade ins, with free shipping if the value of the clubs are over a certain $ value. Also, with each order you usually get a year's subscription to Golf Digest - I'm good now till 2029! And I think there is a "playability" deal on used clubs bought from them.

My second choice would be Callaway pre owned. I've had a lot of luck ordering from them, and they rate their clubs fairly. I've ordered clubs that are rated "good," and when they arrive they are almost brand new.

What the $ on all of it

$300 shipped per for the iron sets
The fly z+ is nearly new, only hit a few times.
F6 is in excellent shape, used more then the z+ $85 each shipped.

Golfclubbrokers and proclubs for cash

Do any of these option take just driver shafts on trade?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I get more money by selling my used equipment on craigslist than I have been offered in any trade-in. Most of the stuff I advertise sells within a week because I keep my equipment in excellent condition.

If you are interested in Callaway products they usually do an extra 50% value on trade towards whatever new they have on the market. It may be worth waiting about 2 months to find out. Turning $10 into $15 on 10 items doesn't seem like much, but it really matters when things cost as much as they do.

Used Golf Club Brokers recently and they beat prices of the PGA Value Guide for both sets of used irons.

Golfclubbrokers and proclubs for cash

Thanks for the tip, ProClubs gave me more than the other 2.

Cleared out my inventory of old clubs and Pro Clubs gave me the best price, they turned the transaction in 24 hours.
Received my clubs on NYE and I got me money by 8am PST in my PayPal Account....

I always feel you get taken with a trade-in when resale usually nets you 50% more. I know it's inconvenient, but I always try to sell first before trading something in.
Example: M2 Driver (2016) - @$80 trade-in vs @$130 resale (PGA value guide)

I am lazy so I usually either sell them or trade them in to callaway when they have a 50% bonus for a new club. Then I either play that club or turn around and sell it as it is usually worth more than what I just traded in old clubs for.

Back