Boone

Reaction score
During my last several lessons, my instructor has honed in on what he calls my 'lobster claw'. Basically, at the top of my backswing, I'm bending my left wrist backwards, instead of keeping it straight. I'm not getting the power out of the club as I should be as a result. Since it's impossible to see myself doing this, and I'm having trouble with awareness/swing thoughts to keep it from happening, looked for a training aid. Found the below glove that has a cuff at the bottom with a plastic insert that supposedly keeps you from bending at the wrist.

SKLZ Smart Glove

I've ordered it just to see if it will help me hardwire keeping that left wrist straight at the top of the backswing. Curious as to why the plastic insert is on the back of the hand - as you would think having it on the inside of the glove would work better. Regardless, gonna give it a try. Anyone tried or used this product before? I'll report back after using it for awhile in training sessions.

Looking forward to your thoughts

During my last several lessons, my instructor has honed in on what he calls my 'lobster claw'. Basically, at the top of my backswing, I'm bending my left wrist backwards, instead of keeping it straight. I'm not getting the power out of the club as I should be as a result. Since it's impossible to see myself doing this, and I'm having trouble with awareness/swing thoughts to keep it from happening, looked for a training aid. Found the below glove that has a cuff at the bottom with a plastic insert that supposedly keeps you from bending at the wrist.

SKLZ Smart Glove

I've ordered it just to see if it will help me hardwire keeping that left wrist straight at the top of the backswing. Curious as to why the plastic insert is on the back of the hand - as you would think having it on the inside of the glove would work better. Regardless, gonna give it a try. Anyone tried or used this product before? I'll report back after using it for awhile in training sessions.

The common term for what you want is "flat left wrist at the top".
I think the most sensible way to achieve same is by focusing on your address position grip , which induces-promotes-produces your top-of-the-backswing position.
The trainer glove you've bought is a good idea, which won't do any harm and may be of significant help.

Thanks. My game has improved with lessons and I’m striking the ball very consistently. Focus now is on taking a fuller swing, getting much more hip rotation, and releasing the club as currently I’m doing very little on those fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very similar glove and it is a great reminder of the proper feeling at the top. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this

Thanks. My game has improved with lessons and I’m striking the ball very consistently. Focus now is on taking a fuller swing, getting much more hip rotation, and releasing the club as currently I’m doing very little on those fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lessons (and driving range practice) is better than anything else for improving your game, so definitely stick with that program.
Hopefully your instructor is focusing on address technique fundamentals (grip-posture-alignment), because those address positions influence and dictate the entire swing. In other words, the issues you're commenting about, such as back swing turn , release through impact etc..., are directly related to your address position technique.

Back