OITW

Reaction score
512f77ecb1997a2438d59f268db6b8da.jpg

de8847f1e1ea325c47c37540cf565ddd.jpg

15dff642cad425f67aa48ebc0df07ee3.jpg

0ba84f3d62579d98b91ff0ce05f65a73.jpg

Description:

STORM PERFORMANCE RAIN GOLF GLOVE - PAIR

Protect your game against the elements with Storm Performance Rain Gloves, enhanced with premium soft knit suede, quick dry mesh panel for breathability and comfort and optimal grip in wet conditions.

Advanced synthetic leather combined with quick dry mesh panels
Suede palm offering optimal grip in wet conditions
Textured velcro tab closure with metal Cat logo

Materials/Features:

Content: 45% Nylon, 28% Polyester, 27% Polyurethane
Size: S, M, ML, L, XL
Style #: 041307

Link:

https://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/storm-performance-golf-glove-pair-ss18

It was cold so these are getting a workout today

Thoughts to come

I have never tried these. Intrigued.

I like the look and features of these. Have tried an off brand before and am sure these are much better.

I can't wait to see what you think, I've been wanting to try something like this on cold, windy days.

Looking forward to your thoughts here as well - particularly how they compare to other rain gloves you've tried. My hands sweat a lot and I use a rain glove almost exclusively during the hot and humid parts of the summer.

Subscribed to this thread - I'm definitely interested in how these work for you.

I’ve only ever seen FJ rain gloves and they only come in black. I’m very interested in seeing your feedback.

So played these for 9 of the 18 holes today.

Switched to my cold weather ones at the turn that have more insulation - as the weather dried out as the wind picked up.

I’ve played a wet weather glove by the #1 ball company in the past. So that is my comparison.

I play Puma gloves in my rotation so the fit was perfect for me they fit the same as my regular Puma gloves and the comfort was there.

Grip texture - similar to other wet weather gloves and the tackiness was great. The other brand gloves had to be wet to really “activate” the tackiness” with these as it was drying out the deeper we got into the round maintained a solid grip and feel throughout the 9 holes.

They also did their part on keeping my hands warm/dry.

I did get them wet - submerged them in a pond - and they worked just as well - the upper also seemed to repel the water better and keep my hands generally drier/ more comfortable than the other brand as well.

All in all very happy for the first time out with these.

Also the palms aren’t showing any unnatural or accelerated wear than would be expected

Puma has a very underrated line of gloves

Nice write up and review. Never tried puma gloves, right now liking MG gloves but something to consider next year. Even to get just in case it flash rains during my round

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So played these for 9 of the 18 holes today.

Switched to my cold weather ones at the turn that have more insulation - as the weather dried out as the wind picked up.

I’ve played a wet weather glove by the #1 ball company in the past. So that is my comparison.

I play Puma gloves in my rotation so the fit was perfect for me they fit the same as my regular Puma gloves and the comfort was there.

Grip texture - similar to other wet weather gloves and the tackiness was great. The other brand gloves had to be wet to really “activate” the tackiness” with these as it was drying out the deeper we got into the round maintained a solid grip and feel throughout the 9 holes.

They also did their part on keeping my hands warm/dry.

I did get them wet - submerged them in a pond - and they worked just as well - the upper also seemed to repel the water better and keep my hands generally drier/ more comfortable than the other brand as well.

All in all very happy for the first time out with these.

Also the palms aren’t showing any unnatural or accelerated wear than would be expected

Needed a pair of these at this year’s MC.... along with a better swing ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needed a pair of these at this year’s MC.... along with a better swing ....

Rain Gear, much like my Amex I don’t leave home without it hehe

Rain Gear, much like my Amex I don’t leave home without it hehe

I’ve been spoiled living on the west coast the past 17 years.... It rarely rains... at least when I choose to play golf

I’ve been spoiled living on the west coast the past 17 years.... It rarely rains... at least when I choose to play golf

See I’m a fan of Open Conditions as 1) it’s challenging mentally 2) the course is usually all mine hahahaha (evil villain laugh)

I didn't realize you had these on for the first part of the round today.

Glad to hear there's a rain glove that doesn't have to be completely wet to be useful. That's always been my knock on the FJ ones. I have to keep putting my hands in puddles or something.

See I’m a fan of Open Conditions as 1) it’s challenging mentally 2) the course is usually all mine hahahaha (evil villain laugh)

Well it is NE weather so I assume Open conditions are a norm.... if you wanna play you have to bare the elements

Wore these for the first (second) time since the fall.

COLD/Wet/Windy day on the course. Stock gloves weren’t helping the grip with conditions.

Put these on - fit was great.

Grip - grip was amazing, didn’t even wipe my grips down after shots just threw them back in the bag. The tack on these are superior to the FJ rain gloves I used to game previously. No slippage, no issues whatsover.

Hit the best drive I’ve ever hit with my F9 Driver wearings these gloves.

Wore these while putting as well. Slight dampening on the feel but no issues with distance control and easily lagging putts close

Hit a couple of 4-6 foot birdie putts too, so still some feel there

These are absolutely OUTSTANDING - highly recommend them

Wore these for the last 7 holes during the Saturday round at the Ultimate Weekend of golf. Paired with the Lamkin TS1 grips, the performance was fantastic.

The rain was intense but, the gloves performed better than expected. No slippage, no twisting, maintained full contact and the swing wasn't hindered in any way.

Highly recommend these for anyone in the market for rain gloves.

Back