Sensicore Inserts in Project X Shafts?

jdsuowner

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have these installed in their Project X shafts or even know if it is ok to install in?

Also are the sensicore inserts better than the alternatives out there like prosoft etc?

Thnks

Was going to make a thread like this but found this one in a search. Anyone with experience with this that can shine any light on this?

I did it back in my old cobra irons. It helped because those PX shafts felt awful and caused some pain in my forearm/elbow.

Was going to make a thread like this but found this one in a search. Anyone with experience with this that can shine any light on this?
Don touched on it in the THP uncut thread.

I had asked a question and he said the sensicore would be more dampening than graphite and can be installed in any shaft, although he says you should use a quality TT product. :wink:

I did it back in my old cobra irons. It helped because those PX shafts felt awful and caused some pain in my forearm/elbow.
How is the install process? I literally know nothing about them other than Don touched on it in the PX Shaft thread

Don touched on it in the THP uncut thread.

I had asked a question and he said the sensicore would be more dampening than graphite and can be installed in any shaft, although he says you should use a quality TT product. :wink:
Ya thats where i first heard of it. Might be exactly what im looking for to help with hand/elbow pain

How is the install process? I literally know nothing about them other than Don touched on it in the PX Shaft thread

Ya thats where i first heard of it. Might be exactly what im looking for to help with hand/elbow pain
Pretty sure they just drop right down in there. super easy.

so easy. Take off the grip, find something like a pencil that can fit in the ship of the shaft. Mark off about 2 inches(it tells you on the sensicore package). Push the insert in so it's level with the butt end of the shaft, and then use pencil to push it down so that it hits that's measurement. Install grip without using air and you are good to go.

so easy. Take off the grip, find something like a pencil that can fit in the ship of the shaft. Mark off about 2 inches(it tells you on the sensicore package). Push the insert in so it's level with the butt end of the shaft, and then use pencil to push it down so that it hits that's measurement. Install grip without using air and you are good to go.
Wow that is easy

hmm...I would love to hit a club with one in and then one without and see if I personally feel much difference. I'd be interested in trying them out.

hmm...I would love to hit a club with one in and then one without and see if I personally feel much difference. I'd be interested in trying them out.
all of the reviews i saw on GolfSmith's website were really positive and those tend to be more harsh than normal

all of the reviews i saw on GolfSmith's website were really positive and those tend to be more harsh than normal

I was surprised based off Golfsmith's description that they have been used on tour as much as they have (think it said something like 150 wins). Not sure why, but that was interesting.

I use prosoft inserts and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

The only feedback I can provide on Sensicore is that they are manufactured using open cell foam. So there is risk that it will retain moisture and possibly rust your steel shafts from the inside out.

The only feedback I can provide on Sensicore is that they are manufactured using open cell foam. So there is risk that it will retain moisture and possibly rust your steel shafts from the inside out.

I have ProSofts in a set with PX, and remain happy with them. I have had irons with Sensicore as well - don't know that I could tell much of a difference between the two, so both are decent in my book.

I saw that in one of the reviews. You would think that it would take quite some time to get to that point no?

Important note in that regard, if you do install Sensicore, don't stick a tee through the hole in the grip there by puncturing the tape which allows moisture in.

DB

Sensicore is a gift from the golf gods. Seriously the best feeling iron shots I've ever felt in my life. To the point where on some par 3's I would tee up another ball just to hit another iron shot. I am pain free in my elbow and my hands and couldn't be happier with the inserts. If anyone is considering them it's 1000% worth it

Sensicore is a gift from the golf gods. Seriously the best feeling iron shots I've ever felt in my life. To the point where on some par 3's I would tee up another ball just to hit another iron shot. I am pain free in my elbow and my hands and couldn't be happier with the inserts. If anyone is considering them it's 1000% worth it

This is the truth. I hit 2 of phils on the range this morning and I felt NOTHING. It was glorious

Music to my ears :D

Imma hafta get me some of these bad boys.

had the true test today. Went to the range and hit off of mats again which had normally left me in pain for days. Not this time. Man these things are awesome and im so glad theyre in my irons

had the true test today. Went to the range and hit off of mats again which had normally left me in pain for days. Not this time. Man these things are awesome and im so glad theyre in my irons

I need to take some swings with yours. Super curious now.

Had them installed in the TT SL shafts in my previous set. Definitely worth the money to soften the impact shock.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Back