2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Was surprised that he went high with that.

Other than the wind, pretty sure that would be one of the lowest opening rounds ever. Not saying it's not possible....just a lot of work to do with 8 left.

Does anyone take Dustin Johnson seriously at this point when he's on the first page of a leaderboard on Thursday at a major?

About as much as I do Keegan Bradley

Does anyone take Dustin Johnson seriously at this point when he's on the first page of a leaderboard on Thursday at a major?

Does anybody take him seriously on the first page on Saturday?
Chick-Fila - Doesn't work on Sundays.

I was watching a Web.com q school event at my club this past fall. These guys were slow slow it was unbearable. I think the pros have to set the example.

I don't think too many people that play slow are mimicking the pros. They can barely keep the ball in front of them.

I hate slow play but I don't see it as an issue if we are watching on TV. We get to see so many swings, putts and chips that it's makes no difference, from where I sit. Others think it does and that's fine.

Other than the wind, pretty sure that would be one of the lowest opening rounds ever. Not saying it's not possible....just a lot of work to do with 8 left.

I think he shot that last year.

He'll close one out eventually. You gotta be in it to win it!

I like that for the morning, but I am not sure about the afternoon.

I'm optimistically holding my breath

I'm counting on him keeping it together this week.

Spieth talks about getting the right breaks to win majors. He just got a big one. How that ball didn't roll into the water with the heat on that ball is beyond me. Big break.

Solid play by Spieth out of the trees - fortunate it was held up on the fringe, though.

Serious enough that I picked him to win in several contests...

With the wind picking up, scores will be higher in the afternoon and you will see a lot more players backing off shots. I'm sure it will become extremely slow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does Spieth ever get a bad break?

Lucky, lucky, lucky! That could have been wet like Jin.

I picked him in the contest, so I guess I do?

I don't think too many people that play slow are mimicking the pros. They can barely keep the ball in front of them.

I hate slow play but I don't see it as an issue if we are watching on TV. We get to see so many swings, putts and chips that it's makes no difference, from where I sit. Others think it does and that's fine.

It's really only an issue on TV when they show the leader standing there for 3 minutes waiting for the win to die down. Normally the production doesn't show the slow play.

So what do you guys think the leader will be at day 1?

Can someone get to -5 or -6 with the wind picking up?
7-8 isn't out of the question if Jordan keeps it up. And if he gets there, I think he goes wire to wire again. Unless they clock him and it shakes him up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spieth must just have some kind of connection/peace with this place. I mean obviously he wasn't playing terrible coming into this event, but not a ton of people expected him to go out and do this today. Look at him though. I love it!

It's really only an issue on TV when they show the leader standing there for 3 minutes waiting for the win to die down. Normally the production doesn't show the slow play.

I have no issue with pros waiting for the wind to die down. As long as the rest of game is proactive

Back