Augusta National Favorite Hole

#12, love the green curbside appeal, it just beckons 'go for it' HA!

15 for me followed by all of amen corner.

I'll pick #10 partially for being the most different in person compared to what it looks like on TV. Beautiful hole and requires an exact approach to get close to the hole. They say the Master's doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday, and it often ends there too. Who can forget Normans meltdown that started on 10 or Rory's triple bogey here in 2011 in route to a final round 80. Both had the lead on the 10th tee after 63 holes left the 10th green without the lead. It's also the spot of Bubba's famous 45 yard hook with a wedge that clinched his green jacket. One of the greatest playoff shots ever.

Last edited:
#12 for me, I just love how much damage can be done on that hole.

13 for me, a real make or break hole

15 and 13 are both great for different reasons. 13 offers a chance for Eagle and to make a run on Sunday afternoon. 15 can offer the same opportunity, or it can more easily lead to a double or triple. For a relatively short par 5 that is pretty much straight forward, it offers so much opportunity for disaster by being long or short.

Man that's a tough one. I was lucky enough to be there a few years ago and I think I have to go with #12 just because of the beauty of it. That three hole stretch is so good.

On a side note we were fortunate enough to see a hole in one made on 16 during the practice round when Kaymer skipped it across the pond for the ace. That was awesome.

15. Love that hole. So much risk/reward involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my favorite tournament of the year. I have 2 favs.
Really different holes.

Hole 15 - Par 5 - FireThorn.. Love the layup vs go for it.
Hole 16 - Par 3 - RedBud.. The creative ways to get the ball near the Sunday pin is fun to watch.

If I had to pick one it is 16.

I've always liked the par 3s at Augusta. the 12th and the 16th seem to have a lot of pressure on Sunday. I'd say my favorite of the two is 16 just due to the pressure at the time being one of the final holes.
I agree, the 12th sure seems like an easier hole based on layout and yardage, but always seems to be some drama!

This is almost like asking me to pick my favorite kid! I love all of them equally! Haha. If forced to pick just 1 I'd go with 15, always has been. I love the risk/reward, it's not always a slam dunk go for it in 2 hole if you're out of position off the tee. But then that 3rd shot from the layup area is no gimme either (see TW 2013) although he was unlucky, I still think he makes birdie there he may go on to win that year, he was on fire until that happened! Anyways, I digress, hole 15 is my favorite!

Wow cool ? -- My hole would be #2 just love that hole has to be wonderful to play that to me --------

16-it was the first hole I saw in person at Augusta, and my father has some great stories from the 70s and 80s when he went many times and sat behind the tee.

Gotta be #13 for me.....perfect risk reward hole...and the view of the green when you swing around the corner is breath taking

Whenever I am there I sit behind #12 tee box, I see all of the chips and putts on #11, all of the shots on #12 and the tee shots on #13. #12 is my favorite hole, it is beautiful and the winds really play havoc with the pros minds on that short tee shot.

12 for me. You can show a lot of people, including nongolfers a picture of that hole and they know where it is.

Hard to pick, they're all top notch. #13 usually gets the nod for the risk/reward but based on my observations there's a lot more rewards earned there than punishments. I think the real risk/reward hole is #10. You don't see guys intentionally miss the green on a par 4 very often, but its not uncommon to see it there with so many variables coming into play on that second shot. A par 5 that you can hit in 2 is great, no doubt, but so much more interesting is the par 4 that some guys don't even try to hit in 2.

10 was my first thought with the 100 foot drop but then 13 is always great because I always love that par 5 and seeing the risk/reward.

I'll go with 10. It's the start of the real tournament on sundays

I love 12, except for the tee box to the creek. To me it just seems strange, just sitting out there squashed between 11, and 13. But the green with the flowers and the creek, so beautiful.

I've always been a fan of 16. Don't ask me why but that hole can be a difficult Par 3 to entertain on a final round with the lead. Narrow deep green. Love it!!!

I love the 14th hole. It's such a wonderfully designed straightaway par 4. No bunkers, but demands such precise shots, the first to get something like a flat lie, and then the approach onto a simply lethal green. I think it's a hole where nothing but walking it can really tell the story.

#15 Fire Thorn for me. A nice short par 5 that's still tough as nails.

I'll go with the 10th (Camelia). They say the Masters doesn't start till the back nine on Sunday and 10 is historically one of the toughest holes out there. If you all remember this is where Rory basically lost the Masters a few years back where he hit his tee shot left of Walter Mondale and got a funny comment from Jim Nance saying something along the lines of "That is over by Butler cabin, you want to get there but not this early" and then this gem "I've been covering the Masters for 40+ years and never seen anyone this far left on 10"

Typically its not the tee shot that is the hard part of this hole as its downhill tee shot that isn't overly difficult but the approach is usually the tough shot here as the green is pretty steep and even when you land the ball on the green it makes for a tough two putt a lot of times.

Anyway, just my take :)

Augusta National Favorite Hole

I'll go with 12, because it's so much drama that can happen on Sunday.

With apologies to the Postage Stamp at Troon & 17 at Sawgrass, I think that 12 at Augusta (on Sunday) is the hardest par 3 in all of golf. The hole is wide but not deep and with its traditional Sunday pin, it will reward a great golf shot, but a miss is penal.

You can't win the Tournament there, but there have been many that have lost it there. I can't say enough about 12...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back