Club Testing in Tampa Area - April 2nd 2016

Looking forward to Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont forget guys, we really need everybody there on time or close so we can capture this data. You will use your own driver for the data, so its not skewed and then once the testing is done, people can hop on FlightScope and hit what they would like.

Two things you will learn from this.
1. How high you really hit the ball
2. Any numbers you wanted to know about your driver swing

Dont forget guys, we really need everybody there on time or close so we can capture this data. You will use your own driver for the data, so its not skewed and then once the testing is done, people can hop on FlightScope and hit what they would like.

I'm assuming the LM will be turned down as it usually is. Because we all know we hit it further than the LM will tell us we do.

I'm assuming the LM will be turned down as it usually is. Because we all know we hit it further than the LM will tell us we do.

Of course. Into the wind setup too.

So there's been plenty of talk oon launch angles and spin rates and optimizing those numbers.

Don't think I've ever read outside of THP, anything about height numbers. Is that what the gathering information is for?

So there's been plenty of talk oon launch angles and spin rates and optimizing those numbers.

Don't think I've ever read outside of THP, anything about height numbers. Is that what the gathering information is for?

Despite what people think, a lot of items are over thought about, because they are buzz words, easy to obtain, etc. I dont want to simplify it, because all of it matters, but with how many people chase certain numbers, this one is so easily forgotten about.

Club Testing in Tampa Area - April 2nd 2016

Despite what people think, a lot of items are over thought about, because they are buzz words, easy to obtain, etc. I dont want to simplify it, because all of it matters, but with how many people chase certain numbers, this one is so easily forgotten about.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Peak height has a lot to do with the golfers perception of "low" vs "high" flight and not just launch angle. This should be interesting to see once all the data is collected.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Peak height has a lot to do with the golfers perception of "low" vs "high" flight and not just launch angle. This should be interesting to see once all the data is collected.

Very true. More golfers base launch angle strictly off of ball flight perception at the apex of flight. That does nothing and is technically incorrect. Every club in your bag should be flying close to the same peak height, which is another thing people struggle with.

Very true. More golfers base launch angle strictly off of ball flight perception at the apex of flight. That does nothing and is technically incorrect. Every club in your bag should be flying close to the same peak height, which is another thing people struggle with.

I just learned something. I didn't know that every club should have the similar overall peak height.

This is going to be super informative for everyone involved and following along in the thread. I learned quite a bit about my driver especially last year on flightscope. Low spin is not always good for everyone. I was getting pretty optimal results in the 3k area with the Fly Z+ driver. Anything lower would either be a b**** to keep straight, or would end up looking like a knuckleball going down range.

This is going to be super informative for everyone involved and following along in the thread. I learned quite a bit about my driver especially last year on flightscope. Low spin is not always good for everyone. I was getting pretty optimal results in the 3k area with the Fly Z+ driver. Anything lower would either be a b**** to keep straight, or would end up looking like a knuckleball going down range.

Here is an interesting example of a recent FlightScope testing.

Player is very much a tinkerer. Gets on FlightScope and the numbers are there, with multiple drivers. Swing speed is less than they thought, distance is less than they thought and launch and height are less than they thought, based on in store simulators and eyeballing. Get some recs going to a softer flex and more loft and it would have greatly improved things. Next week they tinker right back to something stiffer, lower launching and less loft.

Now with that said there is nothing wrong with it, because I think people should play what they want, but it happens a lot. I blame FlightScope for being so mean.

My driver situation should be interesting to chart the differences. Up until recently, the only driver I ever owned was part of the Wilson Ultra Select, TM burner knockoff set I picked up @ the MacDill BX back in '99 during my high school playing days. Still gaming the rest of the set, but 2 weeks ago I picked up an i25 10.5º s-flex driver. I'm hoping to get in at least one bucket of practice with it before showing up Sat.

So if anyone has a legit claim of blaming it on the gear, it's me :laughing:

Just took the plastic off a XR16 Pro 9 deg. with the Speeder evo II stiff shaft, should be interesting to see if my numbers change at all. Playing Friday to give it a on course test prior to the outing so I will have some idea how it compared to the 816 by eye.

It should be a bit longer and straighter if I swing it correctly per what I saw on the PGA SS sim. It will be great to see if any of that info is even in the ballpark with JB's real LM. I will not be surprised if that sim (PGA SS) was jacked up to make me look better.

Just took the plastic off a XR16 Pro 9 deg. with the Speeder evo II stiff shaft, should be interesting to see if my numbers change at all. Playing Friday to give it a on course test prior to the outing so I will have some idea how it compared to the 816 by eye.

It should be a bit longer and straighter if I swing it correctly per what I saw on the PGA SS sim. It will be great to see if any of that info is even in the ballpark with JB's real LM. I will not be surprised if that sim (PGA SS) was jacked up to make me look better.

Did you try it with a shaft other than stiff?

Yes I did (it was a speeder also, not sure which one) and it was not as good distance wise and the dispersion was all over the place.

I am the 1st to admit to exactly what you said a couple of post back (my 1st thought was you were describing me to a tee), but when I swing well reg. just does not work in a off the shelf shaft that I have found yet. Maybe a Grandura or PX Hzrdus or a different profile shaft the reg. could work, I am always open to better even if it says senior flex on it. Mike's XXIO was a perfect example of what could work very well.

Just as clarification to the above post, I do not think in any way that the stock shafts offered are in any way not top notch. I just have not had the chance to try any of the top shelf new tech brands in a reg. flex.

This is Bloomingdale Golfer's club in Valrico correct?

You're the man!

I heard rumors of an IV bag filled with Cuban coffee that's going to get me up and driving that early. But I can't confirm or deny that. ☕
We'll require two IV bags for the trip. That will be an early start after a somewhat late evening for me. But I know it's worth it.

I can certainly feel for all of you having to leave early in order to make it.

I will have to be out of bed by 8:15 if I hope to make it by 8:30. 8:20 if I sleep in my golf clothes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I can certainly feel for all of you having to leave early in order to make it.

I will have to be out of bed by 8:15 if I hope to make it by 8:30. 8:20 if I sleep in my golf clothes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I read this and in my THP Translator, it says

Since I live so close, I am volunteering to bring Monster Energy Drinks and McGriddles for you.

And to that I say thank you.

I read this and in my THP Translator, it says

Since I live so close, I am volunteering to bring Monster Energy Drinks and McGriddles for you.

And to that I say thank you.

Funny because that's what my translator said as well!

Back