Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

Did they go away from this or is it just certain lines that have the Velcro covers? My Versa is a mallet-ish and my head cover is Velcro.

Some have been velcro, most mallet covers are magnet though.

Some have been velcro, most mallet covers are magnet though.

I see. Interesting how they would do that. Wonder what the thinking is behind having some Velcro and some magnetic?

Ive been looking at this line a bit more and that V-Line fang has me intrigued. Also if the insert is better than the WHP i want to try it because i love that insert. Also i never used a mallet before but this doesnt look to big and would suit my eye i think.

I know there's been some discussion about this headshape in the Odyssey thread so I thought I'd give this a nudge.

Review should be going up very soon!

I know there's been some discussion about this headshape in the Odyssey thread so I thought I'd give this a nudge.

Looking forward to that.

Looking forward to your thoughts James.
Really want to give this a roll.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Fun facts:
  • The #7 and 2-Ball actually have deeper faces than any other version of the headshapes.

Is this standard in all the lines? I've been meaning to ask this question for I-don't-know-how-long. My Divine Line 2ball seems to have the deepest face of any Odyssey that I've tried, although my Works 1W feels pretty close, but still isn't quite point-and-shoot from long distance.

Pre-ordered. Sight unseen

Not my favorite shape, but I know a lot of folks like it. That said, this really is sharp looking.

I have never given this head shape a second glance. I felt it looked weird and cheap. Like some cheap putter that would come in a boxed set of clubs from Wally World. So with all this love of the 7 I picked one up at Golfsmith and stood over it to line up a putt. WOW...this putter lined up well for me. I had so much confidence in lining up my puts when looking down on this head shape. I'm now on the hunt for a 7.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I'm comfortable looking down at this one. Its actually been stuck in my bag despite the review being completed which is really saying something. The roll is addicting, and its just a great blend of Fusion RX roll with WHP Sound(feel).

I really think when people put this one down at address they will enjoy the heck out of the shape, and the roll will just accentuate that feeling.

I've been thinking of these. While last night at GOLFSMITH I picked up a WHP and was reminded how much I love that insert

Jman im a massive fan of the WHP and have never tried the Fusion RX, do you like this better than both of them? Would going to the RX be a good upgrade to the WHP? CPO has some good sales on but obviously they dont have this new insert putter on there.

Jman im a massive fan of the WHP and have never tried the Fusion RX, do you like this better than both of them? Would going to the RX be a good upgrade to the WHP? CPO has some good sales on but obviously they dont have this new insert putter on there.

I like them all for what they are to be honest. I'll say that I think this officially gives Odyssey something in ever preference sound (feel) wise. The MXM for milled fans, the Fusion RX for those who like insert performance traits but with a bit more milled-like sound (feel), and not the White Hot RX for those who are full believers in inserts but want the roll of the Fusion/MXM face but with the softer White Hot feel (sound).

Personally, this in terms of roll dominates the WHP insert (#Cookie will agree as he rolled the inserts side by side) but keeps what so many love about the WHP (although in a TOTALLY different design manner).

Make me pick? I prefer this to the Fusion RX.

I like them all for what they are to be honest. I'll say that I think this officially gives Odyssey something in ever preference sound (feel) wise. The MXM for milled fans, the Fusion RX for those who like insert performance traits but with a bit more milled-like sound (feel), and not the White Hot RX for those who are full believers in inserts but want the roll of the Fusion/MXM face but with the softer White Hot feel (sound).

Personally, this in terms of roll dominates the WHP insert (#Cookie will agree as he rolled the inserts side by side) but keeps what so many love about the WHP (although in a TOTALLY different design manner).

Make me pick? I prefer this to the Fusion RX.

Thank you for the answer. I might see if i can try one when they come out. If it rolls better than the WHP then it can only be a winner to me.

Sorry if I missed this along the way, but is the V-Line Fang perfectly face balanced or is there a little bit of toe hang?

Sorry if I missed this along the way, but is the V-Line Fang perfectly face balanced or is there a little bit of toe hang?

No problem, happy to help. It is face balanced, just went and double checked it.

Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

I got this out on a practice green today, greens were pretty crappy, but I just wanted to put it to work. I'm liking this feel, how easy it it to get the ball on line. Comparing this with the V Line Versa, the insert on the fang seems to be a bit hotter. The sound is a little different than the Versa, not a good or bad thing just different.

Jman hit it right on the head with this review, not that. Ever doubted it.

Last edited:
I got this out on a practice green today, greens were pretty crappy, but I just wanted to put it to work. I'm liking this feel, how easy it it to get the ball on line. Comparing this with the V Line Versa, the insert on the fang seems to be a bit hotter. The sound is a little differentha. The Versa, not a good or bad thing just different.

Jman hit it right on the head with this review, not that. Ever doubted it.
That insert is awesome isn't it? puts a great roll on the ball and sounds fantastic.

That insert is awesome isn't it? puts a great roll on the ball and sounds fantastic.

I'm newish to this insert thing and it's pretty awesome. I wasn't a fan of MXM but this is something else.

I'm newish to this insert thing and it's pretty awesome. I wasn't a fan of MXM but this is something else.

You're talking about the White Hot RX, right?

I'm there with you. I'm finding I like inserts a little better than milled faces now. Just feel like you get a more consistent roll no matter where you hit it on the face.

Back