Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

2001 Players....”Better than most!” The call....the putt....the suspense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, yes!!!!!!

This one is tough for me. I have so many moments, and two of them are captured in paintings in my office.

BUT, just look at my avatar. :act-up: That is a moment I will never forget. Though I had followed golf on TV, I had just started playing consistently the summer before--the summer before I started college. I watched the final round of the 2005 Masters in the dorm room across the hall, which had the biggest TV. We packed like 15 dudes in there. When Tiger hit that chip on 16, we all started yelling "go-go-GO!" And when it dropped, we let out the loudest roar O'Donnell Hall has ever heard!! That was THE moment I became passionate about golf.

The chip in on 16 at the Maters no doubt. I'm sure Nike was stoked, too.

Attachments

• 2011Tiger.JPG
    2011Tiger.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There are so many Tiger memories I have. But i would have to go with something personal. After the Tiger Slam I did a presentation in elementary school about the golf majors and Tiger and how he was the first player since Bobby Jones to be the defending champion in all 4 majors. I still remember that presentation even though that was 15+ years ago.

Tiger's chip in at the 2005 Masters. Just an amazing shot made even better by the ball stopping on the lip of the cup before dropping in. Not a bad little product endorsement for Nike as they zoomed in on the ball and it stopped logo up before dropping in.

My favorite memory is the Hero Challenge tournament in 2016. It was one of his worst performances. Why this moment? Because Tiger could have walked away from golf with his head held high but he choose to make himself relevant again in a PGA event. He did it. Bravo!

Wow, what a killer prize this is!

My favorite Tiger moment is the 20' putt on 18 at Torrey and the subsequent 18 hole playoff with Rocco the next day. Nobody in the world other than Tiger would have pulled it off.

My favorite Tiger Woods moment is easy, it was one of his first moments. I was a junior in high school in a very white rural area who loved Tiger Woods. Obviously some guys I grew up with and some guys at the club I worked at didn't think the young black kid was ever going to be that great at golf. I went to work after school during that first round in 1997. I had been talking Tiger up all winter after he turned pro and then won his 3rd event. Well he shot 40 on that first 9 on Thursday at The Masters and a guy at the club told me see how he plays at a real course. Ha, he shoots 4 under on the back and goes on to win by 12 strokes, that's how he played at a real course. Always loved Tiger and always will!!

When I think Tiger, I think the boulder. Just crazy that the fans would get out there for him like that. It has always stuck in my head.

While not a Tiger fan, my playing partner would go absolutely nuts for the Tiger autographed pic. Would love to make that happen for him!

My favorite moment was when he won the US Amatuer when he was three down to Scott and came back to win and be the only person to ever win three in a row!!!

I have to agree with Kev. TW was not playing much when I picked up the game, but I always knew who he was and thought I knew how big he was for the game. However, watching the crowd follow him up 18 at the Tour Championship was the moment it hit me. I wish I would have picked up the game sooner, so I could have the memories others do.

Im also a Bridgestone homer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The chip in on 16 at the '05 masters for sure!
KindheartedGoldenFlounder-size_restricted.gif

My favorite Tiger Woods experience has to be one that took place here at Muirfield Village. It was the 2015 Memorial Tournament and I was there during the Pro Am held on Wednesday. There was a hole somewhere on the front 9 (6 I think) that had a bridge you have to walk across to get to the green. I was standing near the edge of the bridge and they have a rope that separates the area the players could use from the general spectators. As Tiger walked past the bridge towards the green, a small child was standing on the bridge looking down at the water and Tiger had to excuse himself around the kid. All I could think about was the fact the 3-4 year old child was so enthralled with the water or the fish in there that he was just oblivious to such an icon having to squeeze by him. If that kid would only know that he was touched by greatness.

I just started playing just prior to his return to the game. Of course I knew quite a bit about Tiger just because well he is Tiger. For me though, I am going to stick with something this year that made me chuckle a bit. I read an article about Tiger this year at the US Open. I attended a few days there and was reading an article about how difficult it was for some players to make their tee times and find places to stay. The thing that made me chuckle was when they talked to Tiger about these things he commented he was staying in his “dingy” to be close by.

Now if I had a boat with my budget it would darn sure be a dingy but his “dingy” he referenced was a huge yacht. I don’t know why that stuck with me like it did but every time I think about Tiger that article comes to mind and his comments put a smile on my face.

2000 Canadian Open

72nd hole

6 iron

from a bunker

218 yards away

over water

one tiny patch of green to hit

I would have to go with the chip-in on 16 at The Masters. Still don't know how he made that shot.

Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

The chip in on 16 at the '05 masters for sure!
KindheartedGoldenFlounder-size_restricted.gif

#FearTheMockneck

2012 Memorial Tournament the chip in from the rough
That was a golf shot

With Sunday Rickie looking on

While not a specific great Tiger moment, but my favorite was this year at the BMW Championship. I was volunteering and in charge of the 10th green grand stand. As Tiger approached the 8th hole people started herding into the stands. As Tiger hit his drive on 10, the stand was SO packed that I couldn’t keep people off the guard rails. The grand stand was so packed that myself and the other volunteer helping thought we might actually have a collapse possible. Eventually, as Tiger was on the green, I was standing on the top of the railing holding on to some extended stability pole trying to see Tiger putt myself. Tiger wasn’t really in contention yet that is all anyone wanted to see.

Thankfully, once Tiger finished the hole and moved to the 11th Tee, so did the crowds. Crazy how much of a draw he brings.

df4fa0097a712b86a8d01efaad6a8e29.jpg

Tiger’s win at the 2008 US Open on 1 leg basically. That’s my pick. Was such a great win.

Amphibians can Tapatalk

The expression on Tiger's face when he rolled that last putt in to win the Tour championship this year was something I'll never forget.

After years of both emotional and physical pain, he proved to himself that he could still do it -- and beat those kids who used to watch him on TV from their playpens. :)

1fenpjt1gsjxtyh88xwpxdkvetm70ni

The iconic putt ... This was when I only watched golf highlights and had never played a round, just smacking balls at the range . Only now can you really appreciate his most insane shots

https://youtu.be/qrvP02Oit04

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back