Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

I might have to say walking down the 18th at the tour championship this year. The crowd around and behind him was unreal and the gravity of the moment undeniable.

2005 Masters, 16th hole chip in- Of Course

Easily my favorite moment was getting to see him play live this year from about 15 ft away, with my kid. I thought I was never going to get the chance to see him play live competitively, let alone my kid see him play. We got a ringside seat several times that round since we got to get even closer with the family section access. It was fantastic.

The 2000 Canadian Open bunker shot over water sticks out for me.

Thanks THP

1999 Medinah fending off baby Sergio and dropping prayers.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite Tiger moment is winning the 2018 Tour Championship. After being so close through out the year and then finally winning the last event of the season was impressive.

So many to pick from, but the first one that popped into my head was the 7-iron from something like 210 up the hill from the rough on No. 6 at Pebble in the 2000 U.S. Open. That shot was like nothing I'd ever seen before. It didn't really seem possible.

I’m going to go with a moment off the course. I’d say my favorite Tiger moment is the day that Earl and Tiger formed the Tiger Woods Foundation, a foundation that has impacted the lives of millions of children over the past 2+ decades.

I have to say the 2005 Masters chip-in on 16 as well. I remember watching it as it happened, and it was something special to see.

Love it.....TW is my all time favorite, pick me!!

My favorite Tiger moment is his last major win at the 2008 US Open, he literally willed himself to a victory that weekend. Never seen a golfer clutch up under that kind of pain at such a brutal test of golf. That’ll always be my favorite.

Honorable mention to the 2018 Tour Championship....18th hole!!?? I’m not crying...you’re crying! :wink:

I absolutely need that Tiger Woods auto for my collection.

Without a doubt, my favorite TW moment was 16th at the 2005 Masters. I remember watching that hole with my family, who btw don’t watch or play golf. They ended up watching the rest of the Masters with me because of it. It’s such an iconic moment.

Oh my, what a prize!

With so many moments to choose from it’s hard to narrow it down to just one.

It’s not new to the thread, but I have to go with the 2000 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. It was such an obscenely dominating performance it’s hard to go with anything else. It was perhaps the single most dominating tournament performance in golf history so far.

(Honorable mention to making a bunch of guys buy short sleeve mock turtleneck shirts though.)

There have been many amazing Tiger moments and it’s hard to really pinpoint a favorite. My favorite, looking back now, however, is really a sad moment. In 2016 when he chunked three wedges into the water at Congressional. On national TV. At the time, I just felt terrible for the guy. But now I see it as my favorite moment, because that was the bottom; no where left to go but up from there. Look at what has transpired since then. Maybe the biggest turning point in his career?

Think my favorite is the ace at the Phoenix Open. Close 2nd is the chip in at the Masters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My favorite memory wasn't a win of his. It was seeing him in person at the memorial this year during his comeback. The grind. He was like 4 over after 9 on Thursday and got it all the way back with a birdie on 18. The place was absolutely electric. The energy and swagger he brings to the course is something to behold in person. I'll never forget it.

Growing up watching him golf is the very reason I even started playing.

TgSFtbml.jpg

My favorite Tiger moment is the bunker shot over the water at the 2000 Bell Canadian Open on the 18th hole. Absolutely ridiculous shot!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This year's win at the Tour championship at East Lake. Watching him fall from grace these last few years and the struggles to get back was tuff, getting that win was exciting to watch.

MNF is over so switch on the golf channel and what do I see......a rerun of the TC.

Last edited:
My favorite was his win this year. It was a true highlight since many thought he’d never make a real comeback

2018 Tour Championship final day last hole.
The amount of people behind him as he was walking up to the green just brought back memories of Tiger back in the days. By far an amazing way to finish.

2000 Bell Canadian Open 18th. 2nd shot from sand 216 all carry over the lake.

I remember his first win and thinking he’s good and will probably win a couple more. Wow how the time has flown by.

1997 Masters...he took the lead in Round 2 and didn’t look back. That was the start of an era.

It has been mentioned on here s couple time but the Masters chip in on 16. It still gets air time almost 15 years later. That is how great it was, the shot and the celebration. A close second has to be Mack Daddy Santa Clause.

11ac22ade357fefc0acc0150cfa1179b.jpg

My favorite memory would have to be watching him win this last year. He had continued to draw big crowds all year and seeing the crowd and everyone reaction when he finally won was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The boulder rearrangement was pretty good, but I’ll go with his 2000 US Open. I think that’s what really got me interested in golf.

Back