Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

My favorite moment was probably the Nike ball holeout, I think back in 2005. Was such a masterful chip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My favorite Tiger moment is when he reached OWGR #1 last. Everything he had been through. Things that the media made available to people (like you and me) who had no business ever knowing. To overcome that is truly admirable and speaks to his spirit as a competitor.

I don’t remember exactly when or what event it was but I think it was the one where the country clubs play against each other. Everyone was hitting the same club into a green but tiger chose to take a club more and explained before he hit the shot exactly why he made that decision. He wanted to carry the ball longer onto a slope way past the pin because it would spin back and into a much better putting position. He then hit the shot exactly as he described and the result was better than everyone else. That was when I realized how incredible tiger was not just because he could hit he ball well but because he analyzed every detail of a shot to get the best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's silly but one of my favorite moments was a skins game that I think was played over the holidays and Fred Funk and Annika Sorenstam were playing with him. After Annika outdrove Fred he had to put on a skirt and when Fred asked Tiger for a read on the putt Tiger said "I see one, make that two balls out". It was one of the first moments that made Tiger seem more human to me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tiger vs Phil the match of course heehee :alien: cool contest love me some Holiday Cheer on THP!

My favorite Tiger Woods moment was #18 at Pebble Beach in the 2010 U.S. Open. His drive landed right behind the two trees in the fairway. With 273 yards to get to the green, he fired off an incredible slice that traveled toward the ocean and cut back landing on the green. I still remember him struggling to feel that shot and backing away several times. Seeing that ball land on the green from a shot like that was unbelievable.

Fall 1996, just after Tiger signs his 1st Nike contract for $40M, I'm in Orlando with the boys on a golf trip. Like 2AM and here comes Tiger rolling real slow out of Pleasure Island in his convertible with a real looker. "Hey Tiger, how about an autograph".

40M guy laughs and stiffs me but I get a great memory.:act-up:

I'm going with his 2018 win since that's the only win I watched live.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

So many great moments to choose from. I guess I have to go with the 2008 U.S. Open not only because of his injured leg, but how it played it out for my brother and me. I was lucky enough to have a TV at work to watch it all unfold. Dan (my brother who is no longer with us) however had to been in a long meeting. He couldn't get texts, but he could check his email so after every hole or if something crazy happened I would send him an email summary of what just took place. It was also my busiest day of the week, but a lot of my probationers got off light that day since my focus was on Tiger and Rocco. It is a fun memory of the event and interaction between my brother and I.

My favorite Tiger moment was the Nike slow motion swing commercial set to cello backing track.

In 2006 when he drubbed Stephen Ames 9 & 8 and when they asked him about the round he was upset that he didn’t beat him 10 & 8.

His reply: You have no idea how ticked I was that I missed that putt on the 10th hole to beat him 10 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While, not a TW golfing moment...

My biggest TW memory comes from me buying my first complete set of golf clubs. I simply bought them because they were what Tiger Woods was advertising in a poster at DSG. I did not know what good vs. bad golf clubs were, but I knew if Tiger was advertising, they had to lead me to many good shots. I took the game up and got seriously simply because of TW.

Has to be winning the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines on a bum knee. I know it's more a series of moments than just one, but it was just astounding to me because at the time, not even injury could stop the guy.

Of course we all now know that was the beginning of the downward path, but doesn't make that victory any less impressive.

My favorite moment was when Tiger ties Rocco Mediate in the US Open. It is my favorite moment because as it’s happening my Aunt was saying Tiger can’t win this one and he just needs to give up. He makes the putt to tie, I go crazy, and start talking trash to her lol. She was only part of the family for 2 years at that point. I will never forget the look on her face.

Runner-up moment was changing his logo from whatever that circle was to the current logo.

that is a great prize, I will pass as a lot of people are bigger tiger fans that I am but this is fantastic

2000 PGA Championship. I still remember watching on TV. Mesmerizing to say the least.

Such an awesome prize! Good luck to all who enter.

Have to go with Tiger's Tour Champ win this year. Goes to show how remarkable he is.

My favorite Tiger Woods moments was the putt on 18 to tie Rocco Mediate and the 18 hole playoff the next day.

Was an incredible tournament

I most appreciate how he embraced the role of vice captain at the 2016 Ryder Cup.

Tiger woods at Masters and that crazy chip in at 16

Favorite moment. Seeing Tiger Woods in person at the 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris. Amazing. Huge Tiger fan.

His chip-in on 16 in the final round of the 2005 Masters. I love how the ball stopped on the edge of the hole and dramatically dropped in for the birdie.

My favorite Tiger moment was his first Masters win in 97. I was a 16 and remember him just being on another level from the start. Good luck everybody

great prizes! gosh, favorite moment from so many...either shot in the dark at Firestone (I was there the day prior!) or 2006 Masters chip in on 16. So awesome seeing him do well in 2018, can't wait to see him battle again in 2019. Cheers

Back