Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excited to continue 2018 THP Holiday Cheer with an awesome prize courtesy of Bridgestone Golf. Holiday Cheer is the annual contest extravaganza that is the celebration of the THP online community. Nine years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2018 THP Holiday Cheer will run for the entire week with a new prize every single day.

CxUXK5BVIAAEHnO%2015-08-22-496-M.jpg

Tiger Woods Is Back!
Day 2 features a prize package from the biggest name in golf and that is none other than, Tiger Woods! Tiger came roaring back (pun intended) capturing his first win in 5 years and as we move towards 2019, fans of the mega star are going to love this.

The Prize Pack includes:
An autographed 8x10 signed by Tiger himself and 3 dozen of the Bridgestone Tour B XS Tiger Woods golf balls. He has talked about how important it is to play the best ball for his game and believes this is it and now you can too. If you want to see the autographed picture, head to the THP Home Page right here.

How to Enter
Step 1 – Post in this thread your favorite Tiger Woods moment.

Step 2 - Sit back and see if you get your name called in a couple of days,

That’s it. It’s that time of year where we celebrate the wonderful THP Community and the people that make it great. Don’t forget you have to get your entry done in the next 24 hours and each morning a new contest will be up to enter!

Good luck everybody.

Nice day 2!

My favorite Tiger Woods moment was at the 2018 PGA Championship Tuesday Practice Round. I was hole captain for number 4 and when he came off of 3, he looked at me and asked "Why is everyone so quiet?" It was so neat to interact with the GOAT inside the ropes.

I really enjoyed watching him win earlier this year so I will call that my favorite Tiger moment.

My favorite Tiger moment was winning the 2008 US Open on one leg.

Great contest and good luck to all.

Tiger's domination of the 2000 US Open winning by 15 shots and being the only golfer under par for the tournament.

Hard to beat that iconic chip-in on the 16 at the 2005 Masters.

The Tiger Woods “Shot in the Dark” at NEC Invitational in 2000 @ Firestone. I was there and it was surreal.
https://youtu.be/YROte1Ez1Ns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning the 2008 U.S. Open in a playoff on one leg. On my lunch break I ran into a pawnshop I was working beside to check in on it and ended up staying and watching the whole thing with the owner.

The boulder incident in 1999 Phoenix Open.

woods_1920_phoenix99_boulder.jpg

My favorite Tiger moment was at the 2015 PGA championship. I remember camping out at the ropes near the 11th tee as his group teed off on 10 on Friday afternoon. He walked to the 11th tee and was within a few feet of me. Having a front row seat and watching him bomb that drive on 11 is something I'll never forget. The ball seemed to stay in the air forever.

Guess I'll just pass on this one, not an autograph seeker/collector, and although I normally play Bridgestone balls, the Tour B XS isn't the ball for my game. Going to be a good read on all the favorite Tiger moments, and a great prize for many, so good luck and Holiday Cheer to the entrants.

My favorite was his shot with a 3 wood at Olympia Fields CC at the 2003 US Open. What makes it even better is I got to stand on that exact spot this year at the SHAFT UP event while playing OFCC and see how much he really had to bend that ball round the trees and then fit in in the small window on the green and get it to land soft. That was really cool

And baller contest!!!!

Wow...huge prize package. In terms of famous moment there are so many but probably my favourite was at the 2005 Masters when he chipped in on he 16th hole, on the way to winning his 4th Masters. I could not believe the shot as I had never seen anyone play and execute a shot like that. I would hazard to guess I have seen that replay well over 200 times. What a moment!

My favorite memory was when he hit that magnificent chip in during the masters where it stuck on the edge and then dropped.

Tiger's 213-yard bunker shot at the 2000 Canadian Open - over water - is still one of the most amazing shots I've ever seen.

My favorite Tiger memory? I'll say April 11, 2005. I was watching the final round of The Masters in a friends house with my wife and 2 kids (one of which was named after Tiger) sleeping in the next room. I was the only one awake at ~0200 since my friend had to work the next morning and no one else was crazy enough to stay up that late watching golf with me.

Anyway, when Tiger hit that 2nd shot on 16, the anticipation for the few seconds that it tracked toward the hole was overwhelming. When it stopped at the edge of the hole and seemingly refused to fall, my heart sank. Then when it toppled in the hole for the birdie that would ultimately ensure him a spot in the playoff against DiMarco, I nearly screamed in excitement.

I'm sure they would have thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. I don't remember many shots that I've seen on TV, but I'll never forget that shot, where I was, and the excitement watching that final round of Tiger's 4th Masters victory!

Not an official entry, but this is modern Tiger flexin on em at East Lake. Hes back.

Tiger-woods-tour-championshiop.jpg

My favorite Tiger moment was him winning his first Masters. Such a big moment for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite TW memory is seeing him tee off on 12 at Augusta during his Wednesday morning 9 with Freddie and, I believe, Scott Piercy, and it being caught on ESPN. That’s a fatter version of me in the straw hat. Sorry for the blurry photo, a friend couldn’t get a better shot of the broadcast.

8AB0FD42-D7CE-4DD6-8B85-01BC663D8AEA_zpstelbhfwx.jpeg

Last edited:
7bbebd149640994f5be53c52cb7e9f24.jpg

I’ll go with the weird “Blue Curtain Apology” Press Conference, as my favorite moment. Thanks for the opportunity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holiday Cheer Contest Day 2: Tiger Woods Autograph and Bridgestone Golf Balls

That front nine 30 at the 2011 Masters. That crowd buzz was insane, and being there in the middle of it was pretty damn awesome.

Also: can dibs be called on a prize? Asking for a friend

I am going to say his 2005 masters rounds and win

I'm going to go with my favorite recent memory of the crowd following him on the 18th hole at this year's Tour Championship. It gave me chills seeing him back and about to win after everything he's gone through. It took me back to following him as a kid.

d37c80e142d2edd8af495fcc7eb82434.jpg

I don't have a particular favorite, more of an ongoing favorite. To watch a guy go from being on top of his game, to hitting an ultimate rock bottom and then getting himself back to being one of the top preformers once again. The guy is not human.

My favorite moment was at the PGA this year at Bellerive when he was crossing the bridge and the crowd erupted after his final round. I actually got goose bumps and the humble reaction from him was really cool to see. Even a flawed human can go down the road of redemption.

Back