The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

Im reading through this thread again for like the 100th time and this picture makes me laugh so hard every time. Damn i miss me some A player

I would have walked out with some crazy exotic shafts if I showed up to ECPC like that. That dude is a baller.

I would have walked out with some crazy exotic shafts if I showed up to ECPC like that. That dude is a baller.

Definitely the Apex MB too.

Makes me sad not seeing this thread not pop up in my subscriptions box anymore :sad:

Makes me sad not seeing this thread not pop up in my subscriptions box anymore :sad:

Well, buddy, 2016 is kicking off now and the Grandaddy is back! Captain Canadan leading the way!

Its been a crazy couple of weeks at work between traveling and then falling behind because of the travel and blah blah. I wont get into that too much. But every time i get into a funk, i come to this thread. I know we have a recap thread, but this thread is my plane ticket back to Carlsbad and Palm Springs. I start at page 1 and just relive every single moment and it instantly changes my mood.

The winter hits us all differently. Hell, I havent seen sun light since leaving Carlsbad and wont see it again until sometime in June. We all get in a rut. Theres not much to talk about with golf because were not playing, we may not all be equipment junkies... I get it. But if you can even see this thread being bumped and have it not get your THP juices flowing then there may be something wrong. We said it as a team at the dinner table our last night there that we were the luckiest guys on the planet and we owe it to THP, Callaway and everyone involved to stick around through the winter months and stay noticed. I know life has thrown everyone curve balls and its not easy to post all day every day. But there should always be time to show our thanks and gratitude. I love this event. I love this team. Theres only one thing i dont love about it and the fact we didnt win wont change so I have accepted that. Theres not a day that goes by where i dont think about this amazing week.

Well said dude. I am finally getting out on the course for the first time in what seems like forever on Saturday. Words cannot describe how excited I am

You have been a rock star Philly! No doubt about that I wholeheartedly thank you for doing so because I smile all the time because of it. The thought of this event is like a warm sensation and 8 or 9 times out of time you have been the one to stir that feeling right up, Thank You. With that I'll point right at myself, the lack of real, physical golf has plagued me, and I'm obviously not as active as I could be but I will guarantee that when spring hits and this entire bag of incredible is on the course making shots I will be bringing the performance of each and every club right here to the front of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Phil. I know that I have personally not been as active as I want to be. A lot of that is the lack of golf and just a winter funk. I am not an equipment junkie so during the winter I don't have a bunch to talk about. However I am frequently reading the forum.

PhillyV taught me a lot about what it means to represent the forum during the grandaddy. Between his and Jman's words the general theme of "chin up", and share this goodness on the forum reverberated throughout. I won't lie, I was a little disappointed in the golf I played the 2nd day, but was even more upset with my initial lack of forum activity during the front nine. PhillyV called me out a little bit, and I had to step up my forum game. Wouldn't you know I had a blast on that back nine chronicling Philly and hashtag's match, and started to play some better golf in the process. Looking back I wish I would have been a little less down on myself, and less selfish for that first nine, but I learned a valuable lesson in the process. I hoping this lesson can be spread to other THP event goers, as the main goal is to have a blast and share this great experience with everyone on the forum, they deserve it.

Rallo you were a rock star and don't tell yourself anything else than that. Being active on the forum during a round is something that took me a while to get used to. And this was your first THP event. Talk about a big learning curve. You did awesome and ended up capturing some images that will be framed forever.

Rallo you were a rock star and don't tell yourself anything else than that. Being active on the forum during a round is something that took me a while to get used to. And this was your first THP event. Talk about a big learning curve. You did awesome and ended up capturing some images that will be framed forever.

I see Rallo and think FYF

Its been a crazy couple of weeks at work between traveling and then falling behind because of the travel and blah blah. I wont get into that too much. But every time i get into a funk, i come to this thread. I know we have a recap thread, but this thread is my plane ticket back to Carlsbad and Palm Springs. I start at page 1 and just relive every single moment and it instantly changes my mood.

The winter hits us all differently. Hell, I havent seen sun light since leaving Carlsbad and wont see it again until sometime in June. We all get in a rut. Theres not much to talk about with golf because were not playing, we may not all be equipment junkies... I get it. But if you can even see this thread being bumped and have it not get your THP juices flowing then there may be something wrong. We said it as a team at the dinner table our last night there that we were the luckiest guys on the planet and we owe it to THP, Callaway and everyone involved to stick around through the winter months and stay noticed. I know life has thrown everyone curve balls and its not easy to post all day every day. But there should always be time to show our thanks and gratitude. I love this event. I love this team. Theres only one thing i dont love about it and the fact we didnt win wont change so I have accepted that. Theres not a day that goes by where i dont think about this amazing week.

If I may...

This event I believe means the world not only to you guys but myself and many others who got to participate in it as well. We are a lucky fraternity.
You guys will remember this forever, the thoughts of the treatment we've received is quite humbling.

You guys did a fantastic job bringing the event to the forum! Thanks again!

I read Phil's post and in a moment of self reflection, realize I owe more as well.
The Grandaddy is not why I fell in love with THP, but symbolizes so much that is awesome about THP.
And it's time for me to step my game up as well!

This event still brings raw emotion out in me, and I treasure every memory that graces my mind and every tear of gratitude and joy that floods my eyes.

Thanks Phil.
And thank you past, and present grandaddy participants.

I've also read through this thread a few times, and will read it a few more (or more than a few more). Such a special event. So amazing another group of guys is going to experience this again. It will change you, it sure has me.

I have to admit I've been pretty absent lately; having a third kid has taken up all of my free time in the evening and work has been busy so much less THPing during the day; I still read a lot but much less responding from my phone. Mix that with not being able to golf and having very little interest in 90% of the new gear because of the awesome new clubs sitting in my basement and I just simply don't have a lot to add right now. I hope things calm down a bit so I can get back to enjoying this community, but for sure will be updating the equipment threads once I can finally get back out and use it. This was definitely an experience that I'm beyond thankful for, and I welcome any and all reminders of what we got to share.

I will admit I have fallen victim to the winter blues and being very busy with work, buying my first house, missing my wife and winter hobbies. I'll make a better effort to participate, but can't freaking wait for the grass to turn green again and get out to play.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read this entire thread.
Its a great one. Ive gone back and read the entire thing a couple times and still get goosebumps at points.

I remember sitting at work, following along, watching you guys in shorts and short sleeve shirts while freezing my ### off here in NJ.
Such an awesome thread to go back and look through.
I have a feeling golf courses would be ruined for me after playing at The Hideaway.

I just read this entire thread.

its pretty awesome to go back and read to see how truly down to earth the whole #ZooCrew is. hands down the best golf experience of my life.

Its a great one. Ive gone back and read the entire thing a couple times and still get goosebumps at points.

Funny I get nostalgic when I walk into my closet each morning. I see my 1/4 zips & polos hanging and instantly takes me back to that week. It's the little things the will spark a memory and that is pretty cool .

Even though I was not a part of team redemption last year...I am glad this thread pops up because it was such a great follow!

I have a feeling golf courses would be ruined for me after playing at The Hideaway.

Yes and no. Yes because no other course I play will ever live up to Hideaway. Everything about that place is perfect in terms of what I would want in a club. But no because it makes me appreciate how lucky I was.

Even though I was not a part of team redemption last year...I am glad this thread pops up because it was such a great follow!

And I wouldn't bet against this years being even better.....

Back