Hey guys! From Georgia

ChucktheBarber

Reaction score
Handicap
Infinity
I'm Chuck. I reside in Columbus, Georgia. This site has a nice feel to it. With all due respect, it kind of finds a happy medium in between golfwrx, and thesandtrap(IMO obviously). A client of mine was cleaning out his garage and gave me an old set of clubs maybe 15 years ago or so. I hit balls in the back yard when I was upset and needed to unleash energy, but had no clue about the game of golf or the correct way to hit a ball. Someone showed me how to interlock my fingers and I just went from there. No I didn't hit the ball good, lol. I gave the clubs away after a year.

A buddy of mine introduced me to golf as it should be played about 3 months ago. He's been playing for 40 years. One day we met at the driving range, and it's been on since then. I've gotten two lessons from him thus far. He also analyzed my stature and such for the correct length clubs. I'm 6'6" btw, can't recall my wrist to floor 36 1/2 sleeve. Contact was first. Then control(yes I still suck, but I'm getting better and I'm having fun). Working on being consistent with my swing now. I go to the range once a week at least, and I "hack" balls in the backyard before and after work each day to work on my comfort level and consistency. He sais at my rate sometime at the beginning of next year I should be ready to go to the course with him. Chipping and putting is next.

Thank you all for this forum,

Chuck

Hey Chuck,
You're lucky to have a buddy like that. Lots of patience and the ability to have fun is the key to this silly game!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP Chuck! I am 2.5 - 3 hours SE of you in Thomasville.

Welcome Chuck

Use the power of THP to beat your buddy when you go play HAHA. Welcome sir!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!! Glad to have you around.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Chuck!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!!!

Welcome Chuck! We all came to the game from different places. Thanks for sharing yours.

Welcome from Middle GA. Some really good courses in and around your area.

Welcome to thp!

Back