App for Swing Tempo

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried a phone app to help with swing tempo. The one's that I have seen in the past, you wear your earphones while swinging the club to give you the tempo that a Pro Golfers have.

I think there is several out there however I thought I would try here first.

Thanks!

I have used the tour tempo product in the past. It is pretty much a 3:1 ratio for full swing. Backswing is the 3 - downswing is 1..

I have used the tour tempo product in the past. It is pretty much a 3:1 ratio for full swing. Backswing is the 3 - downswing is 1..

I used this also. Not bad!

I've been playing with the Ping app and Apple Watch. It's pretty fun to use and picks up most of my swings.

My tempo is 2.1 and swing time is .84 regardless of which club which was not what I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tour tempo. It is all 3:1 ratio. The music tracks are great with ratios of 27/9, 24/8, 21/7, but if your tempo is faster like mine 18/6 you can only use the tones. Still good, but I find the music tracks easier to follow. I used the 21/7 ratio last year, but my instructor thinks I was holding back power, so I increased it.

Also as a bonus it has the 2:1 ratio tones for short game, with speeds 20/10, 18/9, 16/8, and 14/7.

Reviving an old thread...this app is $25. You guys feel that it is worth it? Any cheaper alternatives?

I use it quite a bit, especially at the start of each golf season. I'm sure there are probably metronome apps for free that have the 3/1 ratio needed.

Reviving an old thread...this app is $25. You guys feel that it is worth it? Any cheaper alternatives?

Yeah. Get the book from the library, and copy the tempo/music tracks from the included CD to your phone. That's what I did :angel:

Back