Regional Rivalry DMV vs Carolina's Practice Trip Weekend of April 23rd

First page updated!

9 days and counting. Looks like we are on track for at least 3 groups, potentially 4. Should be a fun time. Long range forecast says 80 degrees and mostly sunny. That wouldn't suck. Looking forward to meeting all of you gents. Hopefully we can get firmer confirmations leading into that week, I will probably call them and cancel the 5th tee time then to allow them to take advantage of the opening. I'll get there at least an hour early to warm up. I'll be the guy with this bag......

Sorry to hear it! First page updated!!

Thanks for getting all of this set up.

How long is the drive from Alexandria do you estimate?

Will you be obeying the posted speed limits or keeping up with the traffic? :alien:

If you do the HOT lanes you could be down there in a couple hours give or take.

On a Saturday Morning probably 2 to 2.5 hours. Depending on traffic up by you. You may slow down in Fredericksburg too, but probably not on a Saturday. After that, it should be smooth sailing the rest of the way. I suggest taking 295 around richmond, it picks up 64 about 25 minutes after you get off of 95 onto 295. It's 70mph too. Your welcome.

Mesaman... how far is RNK from Glen Allen? (like 25-30min?) I will be staying with my brother in law the day before RR who lives in Glen Allen. I could drive it from home, but would mean leaving at like 5:30am.

Also, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I am 100% for the 23rd.

Mesaman... how far is RNK from Glen Allen? (like 25-30min?) I will be staying with my brother in law the day before RR who lives in Glen Allen. I could drive it from home, but would mean leaving at like 5:30am.

I would say 45-50 minutes depending on where in Glen Allen. I'm at the top of 295 and it would take me 50min. If your leaving from the Virginia Center section of GA, probably only 40 minutes. 295s to 64w is the way to go. Look forward to meeting you.

EDIT: Those times are based from my house with lights, highway time is probably more like 25-30mins:act-up:

Sorry, one more quick note. When you get off of rt64 (Exit 214) there is a gas station/convenience store a few hundred yards on your right. I would suggest stopping and getting some refreshments for the day. I don't think there is cart service on this course, at least I have never seen one. I don't mind paying course prices for drinks, but they didn't have Gatorade the other day. Could have been a one time thing, but just thought I would put it out there.

On a Saturday Morning probably 2 to 2.5 hours. Depending on traffic up by you. You may slow down in Fredericksburg too, but probably not on a Saturday. After that, it should be smooth sailing the rest of the way. I suggest taking 295 around richmond, it picks up 64 about 25 minutes after you get off of 95 onto 295. It's 70mph too. Your welcome.

The road signs would tell them that :eyepoke:

The road signs would tell them that :eyepoke:
well, gps might suggest 95 all the way to 64 through the city, thats never fun. 295 is a better option.

well, gps might suggest 95 all the way to 64 through the city, thats never fun. 295 is a better option.

I have decent luck the times I've gone straight through the city, but I was headed for points farther south on those occasions.

First page updated!

Will you be obeying the posted speed limits or keeping up with the traffic? :alien:

If you do the HOT lanes you could be down there in a couple hours give or take.

I looked it up it said about 2 hours. Glad we are doing tee times when we are for this haha

Good call on 295, I have done OBX so many times and it is great.

Any idea how we are going to do groups? Thoughts

9 days and counting. Looks like we are on track for at least 3 groups, potentially 4. Should be a fun time. Long range forecast says 80 degrees and mostly sunny. That wouldn't suck. Looking forward to meeting all of you gents. Hopefully we can get firmer confirmations leading into that week, I will probably call them and cancel the 5th tee time then to allow them to take advantage of the opening. I'll get there at least an hour early to warm up. I'll be the guy with this bag......
I've seen that rig before!! Looking forward to seeing you again Rich. I love that weather forecast as well.

I'm thinking T2GRN18 has some thoughts. While this outing is open to anyone, it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to pair up guys he sees as potential teams, for them to get to know each other's games a bit and see how they play together.

Just my guess.

I've seen that rig before!! Looking forward to seeing you again Rich. I love that weather forecast as well.

Right back at ya big guy.

Agree with the others. The Skipper may have some plans on pairings and maybe even testing some formats. I defer to him.

Cool. That's what I figured but just wanted to check and see if people had ideas about groups.

I am down for challenging any of DMV to get them ready for July.

I'm down for whatever. But I kinda would like to play my own ball. I don't get to play courses like this very often.

I'm down for whatever. But I kinda would like to play my own ball. I don't get to play courses like this very often.
speaking just for myself and not kevin. I think it'd be best for us all to play our own balls (with any potential partner along side) that way he'll get a good idea of how you play the whole course, not just every other tee shot or such.

Back