TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

That may have to do with the success and tour acceptance of the M1. Has to mean good news for the M2 right?

Not to mention $100 cheaper.

Not that I need to replace my driver, but I assume the M2 head has the same adapter as the R15 and M1....if so, I'll bite on your extra M2. Send me a PM and let me know what you are asking for it.

It's the same adapter. When I ordered mine, I had brought in my r15 and switched out the heads.

It's the same adapter. When I ordered mine, I had brought in my r15 and switched out the heads.

Thanks! I'll take my R15 in with me to swap shafts and compare them side by side before I do anything.

Hit the M2 at Golfsmith today for the first time. Surprisingly got the best numbers with a Pro 60 stiff in a 9.5 head. My swing speed is just shy of 90 so I'll probably go with R shaft. Spin numbers were pretty good around 2100 on my best shots. Seems like the M2 head launches high for the stated loft.

Hit the M2 at Golfsmith today for the first time. Surprisingly got the best numbers with a Pro 60 stiff in a 9.5 head. My swing speed is just shy of 90 so I'll probably go with R shaft. Spin numbers were pretty good around 2100 on my best shots. Seems like the M2 head launches high for the stated loft.
What kind of numbers were you seeing compared to your current gamer?

Don't have numbers for my current gamer but looks like I'm getting about 10 yards more of carry with the M2. Until recently I was gaming the GBB with a 10.5 head playing at 11.5.

Don't have numbers for my current gamer but looks like I'm getting about 10 yards more of carry with the M2. Until recently I was gaming the GBB with a 10.5 head playing at 11.5.

Nice dude. 10 yards more carry is impressive. Especially with a lower lofted club.

Yeah I was kind of surprised also. Probably combination of shaft and the lower CG of the M2 head.

Yeah I was kind of surprised also. Probably combination of shaft and the lower CG of the M2 head.

Perhaps. Now you need to buy it!

Hey. I'm a club junkie. Doesn't take much to convince me. I've been through more clubs than Johnny Manziel!

Hey. I'm a club junkie. Doesn't take much to convince me. I've been through more clubs than Johnny Manziel!

Lmao. That cracked me up. Game it well dude!

How would you rate the forgiveness versus a Ping G or G30 driver?

Hit the m2 and Ping g today at golfsmith...I could not tell any difference in forgiveness. Both are really good looking clubs that went pretty much the same distance. You will be a very happy person with whatever one works best for you.

As I wait for my M2, was messing around in the http://taylormadegolf.com/customshop last night.

Noticed that while they say there are a bunch of shafts you can order for your m2 at no upcharge from the store, you can actually get a lot of the m1 shafts (say, the Adila Tour Green for example) at no upcharge either. Also a bunch you can pay extra for.

Good to keep in mind should that be something that interests you, and your local shop is not aware.

Has anyone else that has hit the M2 experienced a higher launch with a lower lofted head? Seems like this head is "loft down" vice "loft up".....

Has anyone else that has hit the M2 experienced a higher launch with a lower lofted head? Seems like this head is "loft down" vice "loft up".....

That would be a very welcome change for the intended audiences in my books. Not because I think people need to loft down, but because I genuinely think it'll help those who struggle to elevate the ball even at 12 degrees or so.

Ordered my M2 customized on Monday and received a shipping notice today that I'll have it on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like this club is going to be a winner for the 90-100 mph ss players.

Was pretty much on par with my 10.5* R15.

This is really surprising based on the club head design.
Was this compared back to back on a launch monitor?

This is really surprising based on the club head design.
Was this compared back to back on a launch monitor?

Yep. Same shaft too. Twice. Maybe because the Fuji fuel is low spin low launch?

Peak apex or just launch angle?

Was only looking at launch angle in regards to that.

Clubhead speed was slightly faster as the M2 is lighter than the r15.

Posted earlier in in the thread, but resulted in my avg distance improving by 20 yards (due to the forgiveness and lower side spin).

Yep. Same shaft too. Twice. Maybe because the Fuji fuel is low spin low launch?

Im going to guess you are a bit steep with the swing? Is the miss a tiny bit over the top leading to a pull or a fade?
That could lead to seeing similarities here (and frankly shaft changes wont do much to alter flight in this situation).
Because one is all the way forward with weight and one is far further back. Both need to be a bit lower in my opinion, but are closer at least.

Im going to guess you are a bit steep with the swing? Is the miss a tiny bit over the top leading to a pull or a fade?
That could lead to seeing similarities here (and frankly shaft changes wont do much to alter flight in this situation).
Because one is all the way forward with weight and one is far further back. Both need to be a bit lower in my opinion, but are closer at least.

Damn JB, you're good. That's exactly my swing.

When you say both need to be a bit lower, but are closer at least, what do you mean by that?

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

Damn JB, you're good. That's exactly my swing.

When you say both need to be a bit lower, but are closer at least, what do you mean by that?

CG a bit lower, but that is personal preference for these heads.

Haha on the exact swing. I have my moments. But when you collect FlightScope data as much as I do at THP Events, and spend time with R&D people from every company all year long, you pick up a few notes. :D

CG a bit lower, but that is personal preference for these heads.

Haha on the exact swing. I have my moments. But when you collect FlightScope data as much as I do at THP Events, and spend time with R&D people from every company all year long, you pick up a few notes. :D

Ahhh, makes sense.

Ha. I'll bet!

Back