KBS Tour FLTD Shafts Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Really great info in that review. I'm still one that struggles to get the longer irons up in the air, so this is something I could see being beneficial for me. I enjoy a lighter shaft, so the Tour 90 has always been my go-to KBS shaft, but I look forward to seeing what this shaft can do.

I have a feeling these will be quite popular for those that struggle with getting the ball up and it's a pretty good price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great review! As a low ball hitter these have my interest!

Solid review James

Interesting concept and looks like KBS has produced an offering that will benefit players who struggled with too much height in scoring irons, or too low flight in their longer irons. I know others have something similar out there, but I have to believe KBS will attract their loyal customers/players with this line.

One question I have is regarding the 7i, in the review you mention "Simply put, higher in the long irons (6i and up) and lower/flatter in the scoring irons (8i and down)." Where does the 7i fall into the spectrum? Does it have a shaft that is higher like the 6i, or lower/flatter like the 8i?

Great review Jman, these could kick the graphite out of the bag in reg. + going to try and find some to fit.

Solid review James

Interesting concept and looks like KBS has produced an offering that will benefit players who struggled with too much height in scoring irons, or too low flight in their longer irons. I know others have something similar out there, but I have to believe KBS will attract their loyal customers/players with this line.

One question I have is regarding the 7i, in the review you mention "Simply put, higher in the long irons (6i and up) and lower/flatter in the scoring irons (8i and down)." Where does the 7i fall into the spectrum? Does it have a shaft that is higher like the 6i, or lower/flatter like the 8i?
The 7i is same flight/apex standard as traditional KBS Tour shafts.

Thanks for reading and commenting all, it's appreciated.

Definitely something I personally has hoped to see from KBS for some time based on my needs/likes, and it also fills a spot within their lineup for sure.

Nice review James. Not sure these would be in my wheelhouse, but nice to see kbs venture into this kind of shaft.

I very much like the idea behind these shafts. I love KBS shafts and would love to give these a try somewhere down the line. Thanks for the info James!

Great work James.

Good info. Very interested in these from the aspect of getting some help on long irons.

Went on the KBS web fit and no combination I put in brings these up as a shaft for me, might have to go and see if they are in any fitting carts yet.

Went on the KBS web fit and no combination I put in brings these up as a shaft for me, might have to go and see if they are in any fitting carts yet.
These are not in the Web fit yet to my knowledge.

they show it in the products but maybe not loaded in the Fit System, good info thanks

Nice review. Conceptually makes sense for longer irons. Do we think these will become available if fitting for Apex irons? Meaning, they would be included in the price? I know I was hitting the CF16 with the KBS tour stiff (120g) and that would be included with the irons. I assume it is iron and mfg specific with what they will include vs. upcharges.

James, did you find they played true to flex in what you tested? I may just order a set for the APEX Pros and was curious what you found. I played all KBS before going to Graphite and found all but the C Tapers to play about where you would expect with stated flex. Also which KBS would you offhand say they felt the most like or in fact not all like previous models.

Edit; just went back and read your review again and you say it is similar to the Tour in feel. That is a good thing for sure.

James, did you find they played true to flex in what you tested? I may just order a set for the APEX Pros and was curious what you found. I played all KBS before going to Graphite and found all but the C Tapers to play about where you would expect with stated flex. Also which KBS would you offhand say they felt the most like or in fact not all like previous models.

I can't really comment on the flex as there is no standard and I played three different flexes for the review. They all held up to my SS, for what its worth, but I find it a lot harder than some think to overpower steel.

Thanks for reading all, there is no doubt its good for everyone that KBS continues to expand their lines.

I was referring to the flex of other KBS shafts you have tested like the Tour, it looks like I am going to give these a try for sure. Need some new something and this would be a good start.

I was referring to the flex of other KBS shafts you have tested like the Tour, it looks like I am going to give these a try for sure. Need some new something and this would be a good start.

Same thing stands though Jim, there is no standard flex to base everything off of, so "true" to me may not be to someone else.

Suffice to say, I play off a high SS and has no issues with the S, S+, or X in them.

Gotcha, I am going to see if PGA SS has them in a fitting cart. Might be too new to be out yet. The regular + seems to be calling me.

Jman, would these compare to the PXI shafts or PX in performance in your opinion?

Back