Status
Not open for further replies.
484ce0112d55e3cfd42f88eca2c97a15.jpg

Here's the Cavapoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she's adorable.

Thanks - she has instantly made herself at home.

If you get the chance go to cavapoos of WNY on Facebook its my wifes page has pictures of all of our dogs. They are awesome

If you get the chance go to cavapoos of WNY on Facebook its my wifes page has pictures of all of our dogs. They are awesome

Thanks - I'll tell my wife to check it out.

87a8ab0d185a8ba93059ec30e454be78.jpg

First thing our niece wanted to when she woke up from her nap was to pet Lexie.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Picture of our 4 adult Cavapoos. love these Dingos.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cavapoo of wny.jpg
    cavapoo of wny.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
3ef1b8b003c0ad5ad7cff783e2fa8dea.jpg

b59f3be8a6577dae1b06c4a821fcdca2.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I was getting the dogs dinner ready and Arrow must have heard the food go into the bowl and the next thing I know he comes flying into the kitchen risky business style. No joke, he ran into the kitchen and then slid across the room just like Tom Cruise in the movie. His tongue was hanging out and he had the biggest smile going. I couldn't stop laughing.

I was getting the dogs dinner ready and Arrow must have heard the food go into the bowl and the next thing I know he comes flying into the kitchen risky business style. No joke, he ran into the kitchen and then slid across the room just like Tom Cruise in the movie. His tongue was hanging out and he had the biggest smile going. I couldn't stop laughing.

tumblr_nsgzkpKCVV1rkpfcgo1_r1_500.gif

Rest in peace buddy

29643e8054521e84e8a13f3227190031.jpg

This guy cracks me up!!!
654fa10d0e443aa94a77649208e6698d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This guy cracks me up!!!

LOL. He looks like you just spouted a political opinion he doesn't agree with. Or that you told him he was going to be getting vegan dog food from now on.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

This guy cracks me up!!!
654fa10d0e443aa94a77649208e6698d.jpg

Ours has his own loveseat....boxers....

ATTN:

As you all know, we have been dealing with a sick pup for a while now, and I posted a week or so ago that her time was quite limited. Well, I have a very important update on this that every pet owner needs to know about, and we found out about it all very much by accident!

Lady has had severe sinus issues for many months now, and we went through about every antibiotic treatment from the vet to try and figure this out. You may recall that I said the problem just kept getting worse, and the x-rays were 'inconclusive', so the vets thought there was a possible tumor or sarcoma or something way up in her sinuses. We had actually made up our minds to see if she might pass in her sleep the next week, and made an appointment with the vet to put her down this Friday, the 26th.

Saturday morning, while I was in Alabama playing in the Kickoff Classic, my wife went and grabbed a few things at the store. Along with milk, cereal, and some other things, she grabbed a new scent for the Air Wick plug-ins we have all over the house (not my idea, I hate them, too). Within a half hour of her plugging them in, Lady started sneezing uncontrollably and coughing and was standing at the back door to go outside. (Smart dog) Thinking quickly, the wife unplugged every air freshener, opened all the windows, and turned on the big house fan to pull all the air out of the house through the attic. She got Lady back in the house and within a couple hours, she was not only back to her sickly looking self, she was actually looking better than she had in weeks. She kept the windows open and as Lady continued to clear her nose (she learned how to do the snort and swallow the snot thing) she kept looking better. The wife calls me at RTJ telling me all this and we're just freaking out. So the plan was to see how much better she might act over Saturday night and Sunday.

During the 2nd round matches, I got a text saying "you wouldn't believe this was your dog if you came home right now" and I'm just blown away. Apparently, she woke up, full of energy, ran downstairs to do her business, then completely offed a full bowl of food and was begging for more. She ended up getting in the trash, something she has NEVER done, and finding some old chicken wing bones, and was just acting like she hadn't eaten in weeks. Jennifer finally called me and told me her eyes were wide open again and not all watery, no more snot coming out of her nose, and her tail was up and wagging, which we hadn't seen in a while.

At this point, the wife is plenty pissed off because we've been dealing with this, and the dog has been suffering with this, for a very long time, and had she not accidentally discovered this allergy, we would have put her down Friday for no reason. Granted, we know she's still 14 and could go any second, just as any 90 year old could, but this would explain why the blood work we've done the last two times at the vet's office came back perfectly normal, although she was sick as a dog (haha see what I did there?)

After going back and forth and back and forth again, the roller-coaster of emotions was a wrecking experience. Jennifer is furious after we found some things on the interwebz about these air fresheners which is why I'm posting this; so you will all be aware of the potential for illness, or worse. It looks like we'll get some more time with our baby. The vet is weening her off the steroid she was on and wants us in there in a week to check her out again. I think she's pissed, too, and might be doing some kind of write-up on it. I would have preferred she might think of something like this, but at least we caught it.

Here's some information from the www

Spoiler
In 2010, for the first time, the International Fragrance Association released a master list of more than 3,100 chemicals that are used by most manufacturers. Chemicals on that list include carcinogens like p-dichlorobenzene and styrene oxide; endocrine disruptors like galaxolide and tonalide; reproductive toxicants like phthalates; problematic disinfectants like triclosan and ammonium quaternary compounds; and numerous allergens.
A fragrance can be made up of more than 100 chemicals—and could include any of those harmful chemicals.

In a 2008 University of Washington study of top-selling laundry products and air fresheners, it was discovered that these products threw several different chemicals into the air. Each product contained at least one chemical deemed as toxic under federal law.

N.gif
26th of Nov, 2015 by
girl.gif
Mariakl
agree_green.gif
disaggree_red.gif
+1 Votes
Stayed at an airbnb house and both of us woke up in the middle of the night nauseated and dizzy. There was an airwick plugged in a few feet from the bed. We had to open all the windows to clear out the house and breathe clean air and gradually started to feel better. I would never have bought this product but now I know to check rented places for them and remove them before they make me sick.

A.gif
2nd of Feb, 2016 by
boy.gif
tull
agree_green.gif
disaggree_red.gif
0 Votes
horrible product!! plug in leaked onto sinktop and MELTED my hairbrush! MELTED MY HAIRBRUSH!!! into a sticky goo that when pulled created gummy stands of melted plastic. Nauseated my dogs and sent us to a motel for 2 nights until house was breathable again. anything that MELTS industrial plastic i sure as hell don't want to breath. Considering legal action.

N.gif
4th of Feb, 2016 by
boy.gif
HaleyLane
agree_green.gif
disaggree_red.gif
0 Votes
My 7 year old son was coughing like crazy at home and a itchy rash on his entire body including his scalp! After many dr visits not knowing what was wrong with him I figured out since he only had the symptoms at home that it was our new air wick plug in air freshener!!! My son was having a server allergic reaction to the plug in!!! These things are so dangerous!!! Shame on you air wick!!!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...ners-west-allis-wisconsin-c438174.html?page=2

The most shocking of all....why is this sh1t legal?? Can harm unborn fetuses??
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/exposed-the-shocking-truth-about-air-fresheners.html

Take a shower every once in awhile and maybe she wouldn't need so many damn air fresheners :alien:

But seriously, happy for you guys and the pup.

That's awesome to hear toad! I know it sucks that you went through all the for something so simple but glad you didn't put the poor girl down for no reason. Happy she is back to being a happy dog again!

ATTN:

As you all know, we have been dealing with a sick pup for a while now, and I posted a week or so ago that her time was quite limited. Well, I have a very important update on this that every pet owner needs to know about, and we found out about it all very much by accident!

Lady has had severe sinus issues for many months now, and we went through about every antibiotic treatment from the vet to try and figure this out. You may recall that I said the problem just kept getting worse, and the x-rays were 'inconclusive', so the vets thought there was a possible tumor or sarcoma or something way up in her sinuses. We had actually made up our minds to see if she might pass in her sleep the next week, and made an appointment with the vet to put her down this Friday, the 26th.

Saturday morning, while I was in Alabama playing in the Kickoff Classic, my wife went and grabbed a few things at the store. Along with milk, cereal, and some other things, she grabbed a new scent for the Air Wick plug-ins we have all over the house (not my idea, I hate them, too). Within a half hour of her plugging them in, Lady started sneezing uncontrollably and coughing and was standing at the back door to go outside. (Smart dog) Thinking quickly, the wife unplugged every air freshener, opened all the windows, and turned on the big house fan to pull all the air out of the house through the attic. She got Lady back in the house and within a couple hours, she was not only back to her sickly looking self, she was actually looking better than she had in weeks. She kept the windows open and as Lady continued to clear her nose (she learned how to do the snort and swallow the snot thing) she kept looking better. The wife calls me at RTJ telling me all this and we're just freaking out. So the plan was to see how much better she might act over Saturday night and Sunday.

During the 2nd round matches, I got a text saying "you wouldn't believe this was your dog if you came home right now" and I'm just blown away. Apparently, she woke up, full of energy, ran downstairs to do her business, then completely offed a full bowl of food and was begging for more. She ended up getting in the trash, something she has NEVER done, and finding some old chicken wing bones, and was just acting like she hadn't eaten in weeks. Jennifer finally called me and told me her eyes were wide open again and not all watery, no more snot coming out of her nose, and her tail was up and wagging, which we hadn't seen in a while.

At this point, the wife is plenty pissed off because we've been dealing with this, and the dog has been suffering with this, for a very long time, and had she not accidentally discovered this allergy, we would have put her down Friday for no reason. Granted, we know she's still 14 and could go any second, just as any 90 year old could, but this would explain why the blood work we've done the last two times at the vet's office came back perfectly normal, although she was sick as a dog (haha see what I did there?)

After going back and forth and back and forth again, the roller-coaster of emotions was a wrecking experience. Jennifer is furious after we found some things on the interwebz about these air fresheners which is why I'm posting this; so you will all be aware of the potential for illness, or worse. It looks like we'll get some more time with our baby. The vet is weening her off the steroid she was on and wants us in there in a week to check her out again. I think she's pissed, too, and might be doing some kind of write-up on it. I would have preferred she might think of something like this, but at least we caught it.

Here's some information from the www

Spoiler

Thanks for this information. We use a couple of these around the house. Not anymore!

that is great news!!!!

Awesome news Toad

It really is amazing how much she's changed since Friday morning...I almost can't believe it.

Those damn Air Wick are the effing DEVIL!! They not only made my dog freaking miserable, we almost put her down TWICE because she was so sick. Today, after work, she ran down the stairs like a young 10 year old, wagging her tail and saying hello to me. Her tail is up and wagging all the time, and not way down, curled up between her legs. Her ears are perked up, her eyes are round, and whatever snot is left in her sinuses is white or clear.

My wife said she'd been praying so hard to either help us fix her, or let her go in her sleep, and then the air freshener thing happened. She's convinced it was a sign.

I'd like to think you all helped bring that sign to us, too.

5732636b40b73e65b647037bc0be0a0a.jpg

#swagpig

It really is amazing how much she's changed since Friday morning...I almost can't believe it.

Those damn Air Wick are the effing DEVIL!! They not only made my dog freaking miserable, we almost put her down TWICE because she was so sick. Today, after work, she ran down the stairs like a young 10 year old, wagging her tail and saying hello to me. Her tail is up and wagging all the time, and not way down, curled up between her legs. Her ears are perked up, her eyes are round, and whatever snot is left in her sinuses is white or clear.

My wife said she'd been praying so hard to either help us fix her, or let her go in her sleep, and then the air freshener thing happened. She's convinced it was a sign.

I'd like to think you all helped bring that sign to us, too.

So happy for you guys Toad! This is just so unreal to read. I sent all of this to my wife who is traveling. We are sending it to all of the fosters we know. Please let us know if your vet does a write up on it. We would like to forward that as well. So happy for you right now man!

JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back