What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to put the X 2 Hot irons back in the bag today and park the RSi 1's. OMG what a difference! Shot a tidy little 78 (40, 38). I really regretted not going to the range to warm up, because I started a little slow. But, the iron play was so much better with the Callaways back in my hands. They felt really comfortable. I'm pretty excited to get back out there tomorrow and see if the feel is still there.

I have no idea!!! But I got to play 18 holes in Denver, in February. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Was almost 70 degrees today.

Got in 18 in just over 2.5 hours on temporary greens so no score was kept.

Shot 39. 4 bogeys, 1 birdie and 15 putts. Could have been so much better but the wind was howling 25 to 30 mph gusts.

Shot 78 again today (38, 40). One little hiccup on the par 3 15th, a hole that I normally par, where I shanked the tee shot into the lake. Other than that, the iron play was pretty stellar again today, now that I'm back with the Callaways. I'm now thinking that I don't need new irons this year.

Nice rounds, glad to hear you are striking the ball well. I on the other hand have crashed big time, hope to right the ship in the morning.

47/49 at Salinas Fairways. It is a much more forgiving course so misses weren't punished nearly as bad as they were at San Juan Oaks. The greens were very fast and I had three 3 putts, but managed to finish with 37 putts on the day. I still had two lost balls and two OOB tee shots so accuracy is a bit of an issue, but I plan on straightening that out (pun intended) over the next month or so. I know what I need to do to improve, I just need to trust the process and keep grinding!

Great day with a buddy and only about 6 other golfers on the course. I shot 75 with only one birdie on a par 5 that I two-putted. The wind was blowing and it was raining which made the conditions very though. They didn't mow the greens because it was too wet to get the mowers out. I hit a gap wedge downwind on a 161 yard par 3 and airmailed the green. 18 was into the wind 435 yards and I hit driver 3 wood short of the green. Normally it's a driver 9 iron. We finished in 2:05 with cart path only.

Shot 86, front nine was bad, 45 back nine was better with a 41. 32 putts. Try again tomorrow.

81 today 41/40 from 7100 yrds, 143 slope and 74 course rating. Not too bad considering the wind and I cant get off the tee to save my life..

Fell off a little today to 85 (43, 42). My game wasn't as sharp and my tempo got a little off. Putts that were falling all week today hung around the lip. Nothing to complain about, however.

Fell off a little today to 85 (43, 42). My game wasn't as sharp and my tempo got a little off. Putts that were falling all week today hung around the lip. Nothing to complain about, however.

If an 85 is the so-so round for the week, it's a win in my book.

If an 85 is the so-so round for the week, it's a win in my book.

All in all, it was a pretty good week. You're right, Matt. I had a couple of sub-80 rounds in there this week, and, for this time of year, that's pretty encouraging.

Shot 42/41 from Blue tees (appx 6800 yds) at the home course today. 12 bogeys and one bird. My ability to shoot around 80 no matter the rating, slop or yardage is uncanny

Shot 43/44 today. Had 37 putts including 20 on the front. That number would have been even higher but I chipped to gimmie range on the last two holes.
Happy with the amount of gir and fairways I hit though. Stuff to build off of that is for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very humbling today compared to what I have been shooting, shot 96. Only thing that saved me was the putter, the irons where just horrendous today. Try again tomorrow. :banghead:

Walked 9 with a friend and was EVEN (good for me lol) teeing off of 9, the put it behind a tree and dbl bogey'd the hole UGH.
BUT, I will take that in late febuary.

+5 for a 40. With 1 double greens were crap but I will take it for being able to play on Feb 20 in NW Ohio.

Shot a 90. Really hard to score when you have 10 putts in the first 3 holes and a triple on the backside after shanking a drive into the graveyard.

So disappointing because this could have been a sub 80 round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48/45 93 today w two lost balls and two unplayable lies. Driver was ok, irons were ok, biker play was not good, putting was ok.
Played from 6900 yds, in a match w the head pro and two young kids working their ways onto the tours (one Canadian, one Symetra). And I won w my partner!!

81... Played the back first, was 1 over. 8 over on the front nine. Ugh.

Really good day for me 44 - 39 for an 83. Putting was bad, everything else worked for a change. 3rd round on a used set of generation 1 Apex irons, they are great...

Rocked an 89 today. Played well off the tee. Short game was dismal. Took several penalty strokes and at one point rattled off 8 straight bogeys with chance at par on 7. Solid contact for most of the day, after not swinging for 4 months. I'll take it for the first day back at it.

What did you shoot today?

41...first round since last June, in 25-35mph winds and very soggy conditions. I'll take it. Birdied hole one, after that it was pretty ugly...had to make some putts to keep it from getting really bad. Couldn't hit a drive to save my life.

45/45 for a 90. 7 pars and 2 triples. Without the two big holes I would have been a very happy man. Best round in while.

45 / 45 for 90 ... Bunch of doubles, few pars, 36 putts with a few 3-jacks, bunch of crappy swings, trying not to wonder why I bought new clubs. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back