Here in NZ they sell a house cleaning product called "silver lady". It's a pad that doesn't scratch metal, that with some water would take the rust off no problem. Other than that, I used to use a nail brush with some soapy water, works a treat.

I clean my clubs after every shot. I keep my grooves clean while standing around doing nothing. My clubs are always ready to go on the next shot

This ^^

I do quite the same, but depends on the conditions of course, if its wet and muddy I wipe the club, but if it's dry I brush it, wipe it or do nothing.

I clean the whole set at home maybe once a month.

This ^^

I do quite the same, but depends on the conditions of course, if its wet and muddy I wipe the club, but if it's dry I brush it, wipe it or do nothing.

No matter the conditions, my towel is wet so no brush is needed. But I can see using the plastic side of the brush, not the metal

No matter the conditions, my towel is wet so no brush is needed. But I can see using the plastic side of the brush, not the metal

I use one of these, I do sometimes use the metal brush, it's not as hard on some other brushes.

musu2e9a.jpg

I start every round with a wet yellow microfiber towel that I use to clean my clubs after each shot on I also carried to the green with me to clean my ball before I putt. Cheap, quick, and easy!

Before a round is usually the way I go, after a practice session or hell just when I feel like it lol.

During the round, I wipe them off after every shot, but after every round I use windex and an old toothbrush to clean the grooves and soles of the irons, and the faces and soles of the metal woods.

I am not good about cleaning my clubs. I'll wipe them down after a shot but other than that once or twice a season.
One nice thing about my home course is they have one of those club cleaning buckets with brushes attached to the top on one of the holes.
I'll use it when waiting for the group ahead of us and it does a nice job.

I've started carrying a club glove towel that I wet prior to the round and clean clubs constantly with it during the round. If I play when it's muddy I'll clean the clubs with dish detergent and warm water afterwards, or I'll do this every other month as needed.

As most have said, I wet a towel and wipe the club after each shot as I'm putting it back in the bag. As long as the grooves are clean, I don't worry about the sole.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I brush them or use a towel during the round. After the round, I wipe them down with a microfiber towel soaked in hot water.

I use one of these, I do sometimes use the metal brush, it's not as hard on some other brushes.

musu2e9a.jpg

I do exactly the same thing with the same brush. I've got like 3 of them in my bag..

Know this thread is mostly about cleaning clubs after shots, but figured this question fit. What do you use to get tape marks off your clubs? Bought a few demo wedges with some tape on the sole shafts. Remember my father-in-law buying a used driver, and they used some type of hand sanitizer to clean it up and it did a pretty good job, but can't remember what they had used, or it's just something that I'm imagining....ha

If it is glue residue you are referring to than liberally apply some "Goof-off" or WD-40 and let it soak for a while, the crud should then be easily wiped off with a rag.

^^^ I've also found that Goof-Off works very well on shaft sticker residue.

Hot soapy water should work just fine for removing stickers..

Know this thread is mostly about cleaning clubs after shots, but figured this question fit. What do you use to get tape marks off your clubs? Bought a few demo wedges with some tape on the sole shafts. Remember my father-in-law buying a used driver, and they used some type of hand sanitizer to clean it up and it did a pretty good job, but can't remember what they had used, or it's just something that I'm imagining....ha

Sounds weird, but olive oil works great!!!! Peel off as much of the sticker/tape as you can, use a soft towel with a teaspoon of olive oil, rub and twist in your hand. Then take a dry cloth and wipe off.
I have down this with new and old clubs and it works. :clapp:

Goo-Gone is my go to to remove any stickers or adhesive residue.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wet end of a towel to clean the metal woods and irons. If there's mud/dirt on the clubs I use a nylon brush on the metal woods and a stainless steel brush on the irons then wipe them with the wet towel. I occasionally play with a fellow that has caked mud/dirt and grass in the grooves of his irons and woods. and won't clean em. Says it doesn't make a difference.......yeah right, then every round he hits a few dead sideways and can't figure it out. All I tell him is "don't you see the caddie wiping the club after his pro hit a shot?" There's a reason for that, you should clean your clubs. Talking to a statue. :bicker:

Toothpicks for cleaning the grooves. Autosol metal polish for cleaning the surface. Liquid dishwasher for handgrip. Car polish for metal / painted shaft or head. Cleaning rituals once or twice a month when I am free, usually sunday afternoon.

Goo-Gone is my go to to remove any stickers or adhesive residue.

Another method it to use a heat gun. I have used a blow dryer in a pinch too, it just takes a little longer and you need to hold it closer.

JM

Wash everything after every round. Absolutely hate seeing dirty club faces when I head out to start a new round. I figure the better I look after them the longer they will last. Just warm water, tiny bit of detergent.

Back