Noodle Golf Balls. How do they compare to the expensive balls?

Jim Bloodworth

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been hitting Noodle Golf Balls for a while. They are cheap about $12.00 a dozen and seem to be OK. I did a Ball Screening test at a Golf Show and was told that Bridgestone E-6 would be the best for me. So I bought them at $28.00 a dozen. When I played on the course I did a few test and hit good drives with each ball and found they had about the same distance. The Noodle seemed to be better more times than not. Anyone ever tested Noodle Golf Balls. Are they just as good as the expensive golf balls? Thanks.[/INDENT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this posted in the check in section? There is a golf ball section on the equipment part of the forum. To answer your question, it depends. Depends on how much spin you want around the greens and all. The E6 is a great ball for mid to high handicappers in my opinion as well as the suprsoft and W/S Duo. So with the options available I would personally go for a slightly higher priced ball with better characteristics for my game. If you don't lose many you can play whatever you want because there would be a higher cost/value ratio. I tend to lose 1-3 a round so I don't normally spring for or use the 45 a dozen balls unless its a wide open course.

Last edited:
I would never spend the extra money if I did not see an improvement over what I was currently using.

Probably just an accident on which subforum to post it to, no big deal. All easily fixed by a mod.

Playing whatever ball you like, that is in a decently price range, isn't a bad thing. The E6 might be better in areas that you don't notice at this point. But if the Noodle is performing adequately for you, keep on playing it!

I use noodles in cooler weather late fal early spring.

Noodles are junk.

The e series from Bridgestone is easily the best way to go for affordable golf balls.

I play with a single digit hcp that plays noodles in the red/white/blue box and loves them. He does well enough with them. :shrug:

Moved to Golf Clubs, Balls and Accessories.

If the ball works for you and you need to hit a price point you do you.

I prefer the E-Series or B3330 series, my wallet does not though

You don't have to buy new, when used will do. Plenty of sites that offer 5A mint golf balls for a fraction of the price for new. You can try any brand you like. Just don't get anything but 5A mint rated golf balls. Refinished/refurbished ones are crap. Good luck.

I use them when I run out of decent balls and am waiting to find a good bulk deal. They are probably the best $1 a new ball there is, which isn't saying much when your competition is Wilson xl 9000 balls.

I use them when I run out of decent balls and am waiting to find a good bulk deal. They are probably the best $1 a new ball there is, which isn't saying much when your competition is Wilson xl 9000 balls.

W/S 50 Elite is a great $1/ball option. Lots of options out there. I play regularly with a guy who shoots anywhere from a 39 to low 40s in our 9 hole rounds. He's also stupid long off the tee. Watched him poke a 290+ drive at our course on Thursday. He played a Noodle ... YMMV.

I played noodles for years - fine off the tee but very little performance off the green. Then I started buying good, used balls and never will play a noodle again.

Play what you are comfortable with.

I used to game the Noodle Long and Soft for quite some time. Can be had for cheap and I enjoyed them alot.

Noodles are one of the best of the inexpensive balls. How do they compare with more expensive balls? Depends on the golfer, what they are looking for, and if they have the technique to take advantage of what it offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I played them for years before switching to the Q stars. They are a great ball, and were one of the first "soft" balls that played well off the tee for me.

I find the Q star and super soft to be a better ball around the green but those come in a bit pricier.

Probably won't see a lot of difference off the tee between Noodle and E Series. If you really tested it though, I believe the differences into and around the green would weigh pretty heavily in the favor of the E Series ball. If just depends on what you want out of a ball.

Noodles are one of the best of the inexpensive balls. How do they compare with more expensive balls? Depends on the golfer, what they are looking for, and if they have the technique to take advantage of what it offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
They suck compared to good balls. Around the green and non full shots they are night and day difference. If you have decent club speed you can get them to stop very close to their pitch mark on the green from the fairway. I actually did a little test once between noodles, wilson garbag xl9000 or some ball and a 330RX with a 9 iron into a par 3. RX spun back about a yard or 2, noodles stopped about 2 feet past their pitch mark and the wilson stopped like 12 feet past the pitch mark. Completely unscientific so take it for what it is worth.

Off the tee I never really noticed a ton of difference off the tee

Noodles are junk.

The e series from Bridgestone is easily the best way to go for affordable golf balls.

This...

I also like the Q-Star & Super Hot 55 at the same price point, but the overall performance of the E6 is hard to beat.

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually did a little test once between noodles, wilson garbag xl9000 or some ball and a 330RX with a 9 iron into a par 3. RX spun back about a yard or 2, noodles stopped about 2 feet past their pitch mark and the wilson stopped like 12 feet past the pitch mark. Completely unscientific so take it for what it is worth.
Well, of course. You just compared two surlyn covered balls (Noodle and Wilson) to a urethane covered ball (B330). The B330s also happen to cost about $30 more a dozen.

Someone asked how they compared to expensive ones, was just answering that.

I've played Noodles, I'm with some of the other comments. If you can get used higher quality balls I'd go that route. Noodles are ok, nothing to write home about. I'd say one of the better cheap balls.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Back