SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Does it differentiate exercises for a left handed vice right handed golfer? Or are you working out both sides equally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both sides on all moves.

Day two down and again my main compliment to this is that I love that each exercise is specifically for the golf swing. The ease of the movements is great while still being challenging (the plank while sliding your knees up was a killer for me!). To me the 45 minutes really goes by pretty quick. I'm looking forward to doing each of these phases again now that I think I have the movements down. I think one of the nice things is that even after this program is over I can now just take the equipment out and do these exercises when I have free time. So far so good!

Is there any cardio type workouts in this program? I like the beachbody stuff (p90x3, hammer & chisel, etc) because it focuses on strength, mobility and cardio. My concern is that with a program like this, while building golf muscle, would allow my overall fitness level to go down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there any cardio type workouts in this program? I like the beachbody stuff (p90x3, hammer & chisel, etc) because it focuses on strength, mobility and cardio. My concern is that with a program like this, while building golf muscle, would allow my overall fitness level to go down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, it's not a traditional Cardio based workout. As for the muscle building, this also isn't about that, it's about balance, flexibility, and general strength. Imo there's no concern needed where bulking and having any type of Cardio issues go.

I just knocked out Flexibility Phase 1. If your back is tight, it will help loosen it up. Tons of accu point work with some great stretches. It's shorter than the first two, but still very effective.

Thought I'd bump this for the weekend crowd.

I had to push workout 3 to today just for peace of mind as it pertains to soreness/tightness and me having a big lesson this afternoon. Will have an update on the third workout soon though!

I'm really intrigued by this product. And the review is excellent thus far!

To use this in my apartment, I'd need to set up about 10 feet away from my front door. Do you think that would be a problem?

First of James great write ups so far!

I'll hit a few things I've see asked in here.

Measuring effectiveness- I know my current LM numbers and will compare when I finish the program. While I'm doing other workouts those are solely focused on weight loss.

Panda- I think if you watched video a couple times or if you wrote down the excersises it'd be possible

Making it harder- changing bands and how tight it is when you start will make it more difficult, I will caution you that starting heavy while starting any new excersise is a bad idea till you get the moves down.

*** I started phase 1 workout 1 tonight which is the strength work out. About me I'm in good physical shape but lack flexibility(always been a weakness). I'm looking to get more flexible, add a little club head speed and accuracy through this program.

*the excersises were easy to understand and explained pretty well on how to do them, also explaining what they work and how it's related to the swing is very nice

*the transition between excersises is pretty darn good enough time to get a breath and to get into position before the next one starts.

*while not a cardio or power work out I could feel my muscles working during each excersise

All of the excersises made you feel either constant increasing tension from the bands or a good stretch. I'm sure I will be a bit sore tomorrow in my hips, quads, thighs.

I'm really intrigued by this product. And the review is excellent thus far!

To use this in my apartment, I'd need to set up about 10 feet away from my front door. Do you think that would be a problem?

I don't think it'd be a problem at all with the way the excersises are payed out you don't need a 10x 10 square at least that I've seen from work out 1.

Not gonna lie my abs are a little sore from Sunday's work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sklz Golf Strong package that ordered was delivered today. I will be doing the first workout tomorrow. Can't wait to be able to jump in this thread with my thoughts.

It starts tomorrow. Boo yah

c5b3efcfe63b8cf4838c5616eec678a1.jpg
9bedec5990bad5e8e291abdfd8a945f7.jpg
e6bb10ef409a44578501215145227e9e.jpg

I'm just going to toss this in here, my updates are going to be postponed a but as I have had some significant things come up both family wise and physically. After tomorrow morning I'll know my time frame for getting this rolling again.

Didn't want you guys thinking I flew the coop as I'm enjoying the heck out of this. I also know we have thpers who will jump in and keep the feedback coming no problemo!

Last edited:
I'm just going to toss this in here, my updates are going to be postponed a but as I have had some significant things come up both family wise and physically. After tomorrow morning I'll know my time frame for getting this rolling again.

Didn't want you guys thinking I flew the coop as I'm enjoying the heck into of this. I also know we have thpers who will jump in and keep the feedback coming no problemo!

Hope everything works out in all regards brotha! I'll be chiming in as I start week 2 today.

I ordered a workout mat from Amazon for around $21 to use. It should work out better than a towel!

So week two started for me tonight and I have to say it seemed harder this time around. I'm attributing that to better knowing each exercise and being able to more confidently put more effort in to it. There are a couple in particular that kick my butt but that's definitely a good thing. I'm looking forward to completing this week and seeing how I do in week 3.

So week two started for me tonight and I have to say it seemed harder this time around. I'm attributing that to better knowing each exercise and being able to more confidently put more effort in to it. There are a couple in particular that kick my butt but that's definitely a good thing. I'm looking forward to completing this week and seeing how I do in week 3.

I definitely got my sweat on again tonight and knowing the circuits helped me move quicker between exercises. I'm really enjoying the program and I won't lie...flexibility is my favorite workout

Thanks for all the thoughts/reviews guys. I'm saving my $$$ right now, but following along. I decided to go the cheap route & try a "DIY" version of sorts;

Grabbed this off Amazon ($29):
814MS3X4k6L._SL1500_.jpg

I plan on making a golf handle that I can attach to the end of the bands and do exercises like "wood chopping" (I think that's what they called it on TPI show on TGC). If you have any suggestions for golf-specific moves/exercises that use bands, please let me know.

Like most have said, I think the convenience cost and the expertise cost is actually a pretty sweet deal. I predict that I will eventually break down & get this SKILZ set.

First work out is in the books. Like Jman said they do a good job at explaining what each exercise is targeted for. I was surprised that I broke a sweat. I definitely need to get me a workout mat.

Surprising one way was easier to do than the other. I'm right handed and seemed to have an easier time with my left side. They said throughout the video that one side would be different. And easier to keep the posture on some of the moves. My buttocks and hamstrings and thighs were burning. My core and abs seems tight. I assume that means I worked it. Looking forward to Fridays workout.

After the first work out. I'm a little sore today. My thighs, hamstrings, lats and buttocks are sore this morning. Nice feeling.

After the first work out. I'm a little sore today. My thighs, hamstrings, lats and buttocks are sore this morning. Nice feeling.

Were you surprised to be sore? Considering it's not "weightlifting"? Are the resistance bands pretty tough to stretch, or is the soreness more of a "I haven't used these muscles in long time" kind of thing?

Were you surprised to be sore? Considering it's not "weightlifting"? Are the resistance bands pretty tough to stretch, or is the soreness more of a "I haven't used these muscles in long time" kind of thing?

you can make the resistance bands as resistant as you want by wrapping them around your feet or hands depending on the exercise. I'm surprised that I'm sore because there are no weights involved and muscles I don't use all the time. You'd think with swinging a club as much as I do, that wouldn't be the case. But it is. I did break a little bit of a sweat but I wasn't winded by any means. I guess I'm not in as good of shape as I thought in these muscles. Plus it seems like I'm more sore right now that I was this morning, especially in my glutes and lats. Can't wait till tomorrow's workout.

Last edited:
you can make the resistance bands as resistant as you want by wrapping them around your feet or hands depending on the exercise. I'm surprised that I'm sore because there are no weights involved and muscles I don't use all the time. You'd think with swinging a club as much as I do, that wouldn't be the case. But it is. I did break a little bit of a sweat but I wasn't winded by any means. I guess I'm not in as good of shape as I thought in these muscles. Plus it seems like I'm more sore right now that I was this morning, especially in my glutes and lats. Can't wait till tomorrow's workout.

I'm not surprised about the increased soreness or how hard it was. Using resistance bands loads the muscles over the entire range of motion, so it's a lot harder on them.

Enjoying the reviews. I'm pretty pretty sure I'll make this purchase sooner or later.

So far, my hamstrings have been the most sore and Distance is definitely the toughest workout of the three phase 1 workouts. This program definitely compliments when I'm working on at the range and on the course so for me it was a worthwhile purchase.

Going to be doing my 2nd workout tonight after work. I'm not as sore today as I was yesterday. It sort of feels good knowing I'm working the right muscles for the right sport. Instead of just pounding out everything to exhaustion.

Back