The wraps are pretty soft. Pro Version is pretty much the opposite though.
My wrap feels a bit larger than standard on my driver, maybe with the added wraps of tape it firms it up a bit, if that possible!

Just purchased my first set of Pure grips and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. I had put the Lamkin REL 3gen's on my new irons I purchased over the winter and found them to be really squishy and could even feel the torque when I was hitting the ball. I got the Pure pro's as more the less an impulse buy because they seem to be easy to tweak with extra tape to get the thickness of it just right, and they were selling for a great deal, $75 shipped with the install gun from rockbottomgolf.com. They look like they would feel a lot like the trusty GP tour velvet's, which were on my clubs for about 10 years through Jr. and College golf. If they're similar (or better I hope) I think I've made the right choice!

My wrap feels a bit larger than standard on my driver, maybe with the added wraps of tape it firms it up a bit, if that possible!

If its the .600 core grip It'll feel a little larger on the UST shaft because the butt diameter of the shaft is a .610. I went and took a look at this when I had the same results installing my old grips, taking off a layer of tape (if you have extra) would probably remedy that if it bothers you.

I had my 3 Pure grips professionally pulled this afternoon...used once on the practice range and are for sale...$20 shipped and out the door! They are the black grips which look like tour wraps.

Please use the appropriate section for listing things for sale.

I just received my PURE DTX grips today and had some trouble installing the first so...instead of trying to read through 25 pages of reviews on the PURE Grips I have just a few questions...

* Did you use a workbench clamp to hold the shaft of the club during installation?
* How much air pressure did you use?
* Did you use any mineral spirits to clean the residue from existing tape prior to installation?

Thanks!!!

You really need to read a bit more... :)

1. Remove grips. Sounds like you've already removed the old grips.
2. Remove the old tape.
3. Clean the shaft with mineral spirits.
4. Apply new tape.
5. Place finger over hole in butt of grip and put in mineral spirits.
6. Shake, Shake, shake (20-30 seconds).
7. With finger still over hole in butt, pour excess mineral spirits over grip tape.
8. Apply grip (tip, use more mineral spirits on tape if grip doesn't slide on easily)

And yes, a vice is a preferred for gripping hut not required. It gives you an extra hand during the install...

I just received my PURE DTX grips today and had some trouble installing the first so...instead of trying to read through 25 pages of reviews on the PURE Grips I have just a few questions...

* Did you use a workbench clamp to hold the shaft of the club during installation?
* How much air pressure did you use?
* Did you use any mineral spirits to clean the residue from existing tape prior to installation?

Thanks!!!

For a regular grip, use the method above my post.

For a Pure grip, you can use a workbench clamp or vise if you want, but I've done it without. The vice does make it easier though. Usually 60psi is enough. I do try and clean any tape residue off the old shaft, just because it's never fun having the old tape glue causing you difficulty.

You might want to lay the grip on the shaft and make a note of where the end of the grip ends so you know when it's fully on there, at least till you're comfortable with it. I usually smack the grip end of the shaft a couple times after installation just to be safe, like you would when regripping with solvent.

For a regular grip, use the method above my post.

For a Pure grip, you can use a workbench clamp or vise if you want, but I've done it without. The vice does make it easier though. Usually 60psi is enough. I do try and clean any tape residue off the old shaft, just because it's never fun having the old tape glue causing you difficulty.

You might want to lay the grip on the shaft and make a note of where the end of the grip ends so you know when it's fully on there, at least till you're comfortable with it. I usually smack the grip end of the shaft a couple times after installation just to be safe, like you would when regripping with solvent.

Thanks for the info. I made it through about 10 pages of reading replies and got sleepy eyed. I didnt put new tape on and thought would be easy installation, but even with 90 psi was still having issues. Going to give yhe mineral spirits a shot today.

I switched to Pure Grips on my clubs and I love them. The ease of installation is great and I think they feel good in my hands. I have large hands and long fingers and the mid size is what works best for me.

Grips are on. Easy installation with the addition of mineral spirits. Grips look and feel awesome.

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I just e-mailed a question to Pure Grips about CFM requirements for air compressor installation. It took LESS THAN 5 MINUTES to get a reply! 4 minutes and my question was answered. Now that's awesome!

I have to admit PureGrips customer service by far ranks among the best!!!
I just e-mailed a question to Pure Grips about CFM requirements for air compressor installation. It took LESS THAN 5 MINUTES to get a reply! 4 minutes and my question was answered. Now that's awesome!

Pretty awesome customer service right there. I have a set of lime green pros just waiting for the right set of clubs to get put on.

I have lime green coming on my MC irons and wedges. Love the Pure grips. Just put on my RFE 3W and New PX shaft

I recently switched from Decade Multi to midsize Pure grips on all clubs except wedges (they have the Lamkin Performance Plus grips) and I think they are outstanding. Such great feel and grip, I highly recommend them.

I love the Pures. I've used the pros and the P2 and they are really great grips. I have gone through all the phases of grip swapping from full cord to Iomic to NO1s and I keep returning to the Pures.

I jut bought the Pure installation gun & a set of Pure Pro grips. I love how easy it is to put these grips on. literally 60 seconds per club. And I love the feel of the grips themselves. I don't wear a glove, and these feel fantastic to me!

Back