Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Good thing these are coming out as I think I wore out the grooves on my SM4s from all of those missed greens ;). Anyone have any experience with the different grinds, I'll be keeping the 54 & 58 wedge setup, but there seem to be a million options. I'm going to get fitted, but any advice is always welcome from my fellow hackers.

Good thing these are coming out as I think I wore out the grooves on my SM4s from all of those missed greens ;). Anyone have any experience with the different grinds, I'll be keeping the 54 & 58 wedge setup, but there seem to be a million options. I'm going to get fitted, but any advice is always welcome from my fellow hackers.

I have tried all of them. It will really depend on what your use will be.
For instance the F is your traditional.
M to me is really about versatility with use around the green
S has some versatility and a bit more stability for full swings (not as much as F)
K is larger for the sand and can also help amateurs on full swings dependent on grass
L is really carved up to give max versatility

Thanks JB. Great summary. I use my 54 mainly from the sand or full swing, and the 58 is the feel club for around the greens, opening face etc.

Thanks JB. Great summary. I use my 54 mainly from the sand or full swing, and the 58 is the feel club for around the greens, opening face etc.

K could be a good club for you and many shy away from the large sole, but it works so well in this situations.
As to the 58, M or L could be perfect if you shy away from full swings.

I think all the variations are making it more difficult and fun for us poor hackers. I run out of time knowing which one is best for me. It's a good problem to have!

The K could definitely be in my future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably more excited about these than any clubs I have been in awhile. I absolutely adore the look and I'm ecstatic that they're releasing black again. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

I'm probably more excited about these than any clubs I have been in awhile. I absolutely adore the look and I'm ecstatic that they're releasing black again. I can't wait to get my hands on these.
Not a wedge guy but that black is sharp. Id love a set

Not a wedge guy but that black is sharp. Id love a set
I've said it a bunch but I don't know why I just really enjoy black wedges and putters.

I cannot wait to put my order in for these, I am 99% sure I am going 50f, 54f, and 60 L

i currently have a 60L and love it for around the green... Hence not going 58*

Getting fit in a few weeks for these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I definitely need a set…54° and 58°…two different grinds…in black.

Same here. Probably going with what I have in SM5: S in the 54, M in the 58.

I may have to go 52/56/60 with my 48* set AW but may be overkill. Maybe 54 and 58 bent

Im trying to hold out buying MD3's for the release of these. Ive never gamed a Vokey wedge but they look incredible.

I preordered my set on Saturday. Went raw black 50* F 8* 54 S 10* and 60 L 4* I was planning on going 58* but looking at the 58* sm5 in the shape I was just wasn't comfortable with how it look when I opened the blade.

Pretty cool how they went about optimizing the CG for the various lofts.

I'm planning on updating my wedges this spring. I think its going to come down to these in a head to head with the MD3. Contemplating adding a 50, 54 & 58. Really enjoyed my time with Vokeys previously but haven't played them since the SM4.

These are the best looking wedges out there IMO ! Can't wait to give them a try

Wondering if anyone could help me with a question for these. What sole grind of the new ones would be most comparable to the SM4's (before they added in all the different kinds). Thanks in advance.

I preordered my set on Saturday. Went raw black 50* F 8* 54 S 10* and 60 L 4* I was planning on going 58* but looking at the 58* sm5 in the shape I was just wasn't comfortable with how it look when I opened the blade.

Atta boy! I'm in the same predicament right now - I need 3 wedges that range from 46* PW up to either 58* or 60*. Can't decide which increment I want to go with:

- 50* 54* 58*
- 50* 55* 60*
- 50* 56* 60*

It also doesn't help that I feel like I got my irons bent 2* weak, but I can't remember for sure how I ordered them years ago...

I have tried all of them. It will really depend on what your use will be.
For instance the F is your traditional.
M to me is really about versatility with use around the green
S has some versatility and a bit more stability for full swings (not as much as F)
K is larger for the sand and can also help amateurs on full swings dependent on grass
L is really carved up to give max versatility

Wondering if anyone could help me with a question for these. What sole grind of the new ones would be most comparable to the SM4's (before they added in all the different kinds). Thanks in advance.

I cant help completely, but above is a post I made after testing all of them at Titleist.

Atta boy! I'm in the same predicament right now - I need 3 wedges that range from 46* PW up to either 58* or 60*. Can't decide which increment I want to go with:

- 50* 54* 58*
- 50* 55* 60*
- 50* 56* 60*
I wanted to go 50 54 58 but it was just a comfort thing at address to go 60!

Interesting...that's one of the reasons I love it so much haha

Interesting...that's one of the reasons I love it so much haha
Haha I'm sure it's because I've played a 60 for so long. I'm certain I could have gotten used to the 58* but I could always bend the 60 if I want to!

Back