The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I heard similar sounds a while back. We thought something had already gotten in the chimney/wall, but after going outside and seeing a racoon scamper away, I concluded that he was messing with the wire mesh that covers the chimney hole. We went on the roof and saw some cut/bent wires, so we added more wire mesh. Haven't heard it since, but I do try to keep on eye on that wire mesh on both our chimneys when I clean the leaves out the gutters.

we have a gap between the outer structure wall and actual chimney. it's not well sealed on the second floor. last year a bird fell into that gap and all we could do was let it die, and suffer through the smell in the dead (pun intended) of summer. it was appalling.

I don't think this latest guest fell in that same gap. I think it's actually in the chimney, but it hasn't fallen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scritch-scratch, scritch-scratch. the sound coming out of my chimney. came home and opened the flue, armed with a bucket and a broom to corral whatever may fall out. no luck. thinking i might be sleeping downstairs tonight with one eye open waiting for this monster.

It could be the babadook.

But I certainly hope it isn't the babadook.

It could be the babadook.

But I certainly hope it isn't the babadook.

seriously, just mentioning that name gives me the chills. parts of that movie were SO WELL DONE.

we have a gap between the outer structure wall and actual chimney. it's not well sealed on the second floor. last year a bird fell into that gap and all we could do was let it die, and suffer through the smell in the dead (pun intended) of summer. it was appalling.

I don't think this latest guest fell in that same gap. I think it's actually in the chimney, but it hasn't fallen yet.

Ugh, good luck, sir.

You mad man! I haven't had Panera in about 5 years.
And that's probably why you are in the shape you are in and I am what I am...LOL

So what you're saying is if I brought one of those Danish rings to the next local outing, you wouldn't be upset?

I've never had one of those, I'm a creature of habit (Blueberry Muffin) but sure, I wouldn't' hate it if you brought one.

Yeah I am just not sold on it. "healthy" food that doesn't really look all that healthy on paper.

I'm weird. I'll own that.
Not weird, just realistic, at least they say no artificial preservatives now, so I can hang my hat on that despite the carbs :D

I am anti-Panera as well buddy. Not weird.
Oh no not you too buddy, two of my closest dudes. Well at least we agree on Q39!!

Their Mac & Cheese is badass.

And the cookies.
You're damn right it is!!! JMan, not letting me down!!

Oh and those cookies...true story, I once ate one of the six packs while standing in line waiting for the to go order for dinner. Of course I ordered them after the dinner order on a separate receipt.....I may or may not need help....LOL

Oh ya, me and the ex spent many hours there in college studying.
I have no problem with the people studying or working.

But the womens club of 10 knitters that come every Saturday morning and park their fat behinds right in the middle of the store, putting like 4 tables together....That's rant worthy!!

Had to get back on the roof tonight as my underlayment blew off where we lost shingles, we had great weather the last 4days not sure why the roofer didn't come by.

Yeah I am just not sold on it. "healthy" food that doesn't really look all that healthy on paper.

I'm weird. I'll own that.

I am anti-Panera as well buddy. Not weird.

One more for the overrated vote. Plus putting up with all the soccer moms who let their brats run around the dining area like demons. I wanted to stick my leg out and let one go flying. "Sorry that my foot was out there, I'm 6'3 and have long legs. Maybe he shouldn't run around inside a restaurant like it's a playground."

Oh ya, me and the ex spent many hours there in college studying.

Mmhmm, "studying"

And that's probably why you are in the shape you are in and I am what I am...LOL

I've never had one of those, I'm a creature of habit (Blueberry Muffin) but sure, I wouldn't' hate it if you brought one.

Not weird, just realistic, at least they say no artificial preservatives now, so I can hang my hat on that despite the carbs :D

Oh no not you too buddy, two of my closest dudes. Well at least we agree on Q39!!

You're damn right it is!!! JMan, not letting me down!!

Oh and those cookies...true story, I once ate one of the six packs while standing in line waiting for the to go order for dinner. Of course I ordered them after the dinner order on a separate receipt.....I may or may not need help....LOL

I have no problem with the people studying or working.

But the womens club of 10 knitters that come every Saturday morning and park their fat behinds right in the middle of the store, putting like 4 tables together....That's rant worthy!!

Good colonel job.

That selfless Freddie, always willing to help someone out with their game.
panda-golf-pro.jpg

So just found out a buddy of mine in the Orlando area had a bullet come into his house from his roof. The cops came and said it was shot point blank from the roof. He said he fired a guy a few days ago that seemed unstable. I'm beside myself right now. People are so damn crazy!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So just found out a buddy of mine in the Orlando area had a bullet come into his house from his roof. The cops came and said it was shot point blank from the roof. He said he fired a guy a few days ago that seemed unstable. I'm beside myself right now. People are so damn crazy!

Wow that's crazy

That's crazy..hope he's okay!

Everyone is OK. He has two kids also. Missed his bed by a foot.

I would think so. No belt wants to be relegated to trash duty.
Nor does a belt want to hang on for dear life and say "JB, put the ****ing fork down". :D
Rule of thumb for me is if the belt is cinched and a gunt is hanging over it so the belt is hanging around the legs, the belt is sad.

Just saw this started laughing. My belt is depressed

Just saw this started laughing. My belt is depressed

Just my rules though for my own belt. Everybody should create their own rules of course. :D

I don't think I would be able to sleep

It was a year ago tonight that I blew out my hamstring playing volleyball. Thank you to THP and everybody here who helped to encourage me and keep me occupied and somewhat sane between the doctor and MRI and orthopedist and surgery and laying around at home afterwards.

I laugh everytime I read the word "gunt."

It was a year ago tonight that I blew out my hamstring playing volleyball. Thank you to THP and everybody here who helped to encourage me and keep me occupied and somewhat sane between the doctor and MRI and orthopedist and surgery and laying around at home afterwards.
And in a few weeks we are going to be teeing it up in Bama! Good times ahead, my friend!

And in a few weeks we are going to be teeing it up in Bama! Good times ahead, my friend!
And I can't wait. Thanks for being an awesome captain!

Random banter, but the guy who normally delivers bikes for me was feeling ill today and went home sick. Had a customer buy a bike today and needed it delivered to their house on the beach. So, late in the day, I took it out there for them since my guy was out sick.

Unloading it off the bike rack, and the lady told her husband "Honey, you need to tip this delivery guy."

Boom, $50 spot! Then I started thinking, 1. I need to deliver more often. 2. My delivery guy is taking home some sweet extra cash.

Beags Bike Delivery has a nice ring to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back