TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

I also find it interesting that there are more M2 drivers in play at Riviera this week on the PGA Tour than M1 drivers, 24-22 in favor of the M2. If those guys are the best in the world and the majority of them are playing M2 over M1, what does that say about what all of us amateurs should do?

I also find it interesting that there are more M2 drivers in play at Riviera this week on the PGA Tour than M1 drivers, 24-22 in favor of the M2. If those guys are the best in the world and the majority of them are playing M2 over M1, what does that say about what all of us amateurs should do?

...M3?

DSC_0985-XL.jpg

Curiosity. Cat. You know the rest.

No chance to hit it yet?
I just ordered one. More forgiving version of the m1 plus a good deal = purchase. Will have to find an old head cover to chuck on it to keep the detective in the dark.

No chance to hit it yet?
I just ordered one. More forgiving version of the m1 plus a good deal = purchase. Will have to find an old head cover to chuck on it to keep the detective in the dark.
Nah, I had a couple wisdom teeth pulled and am not to full swing a club for a other few days. It's paired with the 70X Tensei though and should be interesting to get numbers on.

Nah, I had a couple wisdom teeth pulled and am not to full swing a club for a other few days. It's paired with the 70X Tensei though and should be interesting to get numbers on.

Oh man that sounds like an incredible combo

Yeah, we're going to need a devoted Tensei thread when you are pain free.

Yeah, we're going to need a devoted Tensei thread when you are pain free.
I can handle that for sure dude, I know you're a big blueboard fan too.

I'll be honest in that that shaft was a large part of getting the club.

I have to say I love the looks of this club. TaylorMade definitely did it right with this.

Good luck - I had my last 2 pulled in August and the road to recovery was far longer then the doc claimed it would be. Hello milkshakes!

Continue to love this driver paired with the Chrome Elements +, 4 rounds in the books and I'm driving the ball further and straighter then I can recall at anytime. Looking forward to our MGA in a few hours and giving it another run.

In my opinion, and experience, TaylorMade's best efforts have been the classic, less complex designs. (I must also add that I still prefer BLACK over 2-tone black/white or the all white models).

I think TM's super-adjustable models are very overrated when viewed purely from a performance standpoint. You are pay extra for the adjustable mechanisms, (that you may or may not need), with nothing added for additional performance. In fact, those adjustable mechanisms may even have a negative effect on performance by placing weight in some very undesirable places on the clubhead.

:dohanim:

Last edited:
Although I think I am supposed to hate and bash on TM for their high frequency club releases, I think this and the M1 are the best looking drivers I have ever seen. More importantly the feedback is very intriguing. I look forward to trying M2, in particular, as much as any club out there.

Although I think I am supposed to hate and bash on TM for their high frequency club releases, I think this and the M1 are the best looking drivers I have ever seen. More importantly the feedback is very intriguing. I look forward to trying M2, in particular, as much as any club out there.
It's their best looking release in a while IMO.

It's their best looking release in a while IMO.
I really like the look at address, especially on the FW.

I really like the look at address, especially on the FW.
Was never of fain of white, it bothered my eyes. I love this crown style.

Was never of fain of white, it bothered my eyes. I love this crown style.
I hated the white since it first came out, but since gaming the R15 in White for awhile I've actually become so accustomed to it and the face contrast that going back to my 915D2 is irritating (all black).
The M line is a great balance and the best of both worlds.

I also ordered mine with the Tensei CX Blue 60 with a stiff shaft tipped .5". Should have it in a few days.

I also ordered mine with the Tensei CX Blue 60 with a stiff shaft tipped .5". Should have it in a few days.
Did you demo first or just a shot in the dark?

Just got my fairway woods to match my driver and they are fantastic. So easy to hit and feel and sound great. If you are looking for a fairway you should have a look.

Ordered an M2 HL with HZRDUS Black 75. Pretty excited to put it in play.
Trade-in bonus pushed me over the edge.

Ordered mine yesterday with a Fujikura 60 and +1 length. I wanted the shaft length to match my beloved Superfast. I hit my driver to calibrate the sim and then hit both the M1 and M2. Both gave me more distance than the SF, the dispersion on the SF was a little tighter but that is because I have grooved my swing to that club over the years. Average distance on both the M1 and M2 were comparable giving me about 12 yards more. The longest drive was the M2 at 229 (I'm an older member at 68.5). Looking at all the stats it made sense for go me to save the $100 + tax and go with the M2. Besides I never liked all those new fangled sliders and stuff, it's easier to groove your swing to the club than trying to adjust the club to your swing. Or maybe I'm just an old dog.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M2 delivered again yesterday. I had the Clubhub monitor on the sticks yesterday and with this driver combo I'm averaging 4mph more in SS and without question I'm at least a club longer off the tee. With my normal playing partners I was 3 or 4 and sometimes 4 of 4 distance wise, I'm routinely with them and often past them in this combo - really making an amazing difference in my tee game. Now if I could learn how to chip and putt again life would be good.

Back