UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - May 2016

I might get into trouble if I get into this, but it's a free event and it's within driving distance for me! How's that old saying go, better to ask for forgiveness?

Driver: Handcrafted Project X Grandaddy Shaft 7.0 X Flex
3W: Tour Issued Miyazaki Kusala X Flex
Hybrid: Fujikura Speeder 865 Hybrid X Flex
Irons (including wedges): Project X Flighted 95 Steel 6.0 stiff
Putter: Stock Odyssey shaft
Yes, Jay! Perfect attitude! No doubt it's worth begging for forgiveness for a few days or weeks or months! :D

I can hear it now:
Me: "Well...I won a free unbelievably SWEET event with THP that's in Dallas/Fort Worth babe!"
Wife: "Oh ya? When is that?"
Me: "May 13th and 14th"
Wife: "That's when (her friend) is getting married!"
Me: "I know, but this is awesome...and free, all I have to do is get there!"
Wife: (pissed expression) "whatever...I know you've already made up your mind with what you're going to do"
Me: "Tell them congratulations, for me."

Yes, Jay! Perfect attitude! No doubt it's worth begging for forgiveness for a few days or weeks or months! :D

It would probably be months....ya....see above. lol

I can hear it now:
Me: "Well...I won a free unbelievably SWEET event with THP that's in Dallas/Fort Worth babe!"
Wife: "Oh ya? When is that?"
Me: "May 13th and 14th"
Wife: "That's when (her friend) is getting married!"
Me: "I know, but this is awesome...and free, all I have to do is get there!"
Wife: (pissed expression) "whatever...I know you've already made up your mind with what you're going to do"
Me: "Tell them congratulations, for me."

Hahaha, 1 less wedding and an incredible experience? Yes. Please.

I think one of the best part of the experiences is that while Danny and Lindsay don't really know me, nor do I know them, they were very welcoming and extremely fun to work with. Very approachable and willing to help in many ways, even after the event was long concluded.

The equipment and fitting was awesome, etc, etc, but dealing with the people at UST was top notch.

Maybe Dude Perfect will be involved in this one. They are local and Danny seems to know everyone. Would not surprise me.

I won't lie, I want in one of these pretty fiercely.

Another event just not in the cards...not happy about it, but no way around it.

Learn a ton and experience something not many people will or ever have. That's pretty cool..

Oh absolutely.. And get to hang out with that Danny character

Maybe Dude Perfect will be involved in this one. They are local and Danny seems to know everyone. Would not surprise me.

I just recorded a THP Radio show with those guys.

I would like to take part in this amazing opportunity. I am comfortable with the equipment I have now, but have started playing around with different shafts in my driver and fairway wood. My current irons were the first set I had made custom--and they have performed well--but now I am starting to consider changes there as well. Being selected for this event could not come at a better time for me and I feel that my game would benefit immensely from a shaft overhaul.

Thanks for your consideration!

Driver - TM R15 TP with Graffalloy Comp NT 65 - xstiff
3wood - Adams TL2 14* with Kuro Kage - xstiff
Irons - TM Rocketbladez with KBS90 - stiff
Wedges - TM ATV 50*, Cleveland 52*, Tour Exotics 56* - all stock
Putter - Guerin Rife Phenom-Z blade - stock

Last edited:
The more and more I think about this one, the more excited I get. The previous attendees have absolutely killed it, and these threads have been hopping. Really hoping I am fortunate enough to be able to experience this. I want another round with Danny.

I would like to take part in this amazing opportunity. I am comfortable with the equipment I have now, but have started playing around with different shafts in my driver and fairway wood. My current irons were the first set I had made custom--and they have performed well--but now I am starting to consider changes there as well. Being selected for this event could not come at a better time for me and I feel that my game would benefit immensely from a shaft overhaul.

Make sure you list your info as requested in the first post. Good luck.

Would love to have an opportunity like this.

Driver: Project X 6.0
3w: Matrix RocketFuel
Hybrid: Aldila Tour red
Irons: KBS Tour S
Wedges: Genuis 12
Putter: stock from SeeMore

This is going to be a fantastic experience for two lucky THPers!!! Danny, Lindsay, and UST are all such gracious hosts who are truly trying to make this a memorable experience for their guests. Best of luck to all!!! My only regret is that I had but 1 weekend to go lol

Good to see more people jumping in for the chance to win. It's been stated many many times already, and I will reiterate that this is a truly unique and very rewarding experience. If you can make these dates work, don't hesitate to enter this contest!!! You will not regret it, but you will likely regret not entering when you see how awesome of a time the winners have!

I have a family trip either the weekend before or the weekend if so I'm not able to enter this one.

Lindsay might be the nicest person you will meet and she has a golf swing that you will be jealous of by the end of the experience. She is kicking up the social media aspect of UST and these 2 lucky participants will be front and center over those 2 days.

I would LOVE to be a part of this amazing opportunity!!
Thanks to THP and UST Mamiya!!

SHAFTS IN MY BAG
Driver: Project X LZ 6.0
3W: Graphite Designs Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Heavenwood: Mitsubishi Bassara 52 Stiff
Hybrids: Project X Hybrid Shaft Stiff
Irons:Speedblade 85 Steel Stiff
Wedges: Speedblade 85 Steel Stiff

Driver
Adilla Phenom Stiff

3W
Adilla Phenom Stiff

Hybrid
Diamana Blue Stiff

Current Irons
Project X 95 5.5

New irons
True Temper XP95

Wedges
True Temper Dynamic Gold, wedge flex

These dates would definitely work for me.

Driver: UST Elements Helium
3 Wood: Matrix Red Tie
Hybrids: Project X 5.5
Irons: True Temper Speed Step 80
Wedges: True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: Stock Bettinardi Shaft

I would like to be a part of this! I love shaft technology and would love to know definitively what would work best for me instead of tinkering and guessing.

Driver - Been swapping between Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72s and Miyazaki B'Asha 5s
3Deep - Project X 6.0
3 wood - Fujikura Gold Stiff
Hybrid - Project X 6.0
irons - recoil 680 F4 stiff
50 wedge - KBS Tour Stiff
54-59 wedges - scor genius 12 firm
Putter - stock in Cleveland tfi 2135 1.0

Thank you THP and UST Mamiya for the chance for this.

Back