How Delay Shoulders?

no-slice

Reaction score
Handicap
14-19
Hi.......new to forum, but title says it all..........from the top my shoulders fire too quickly, clubhead is left behind, open.........big ol slicer-roonie. HOW can I train the body to WAIT on the arms/hands/release ? I'm at my wit's end....... about to quit the game altogether. Any/all suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

It sounds like you have a sequencing issue. Because if the shoulders fired first the club would drop into the slot and wouldn't produce a huge slice. It sounds like you're not making a deep enough shoulder turn. And on the down swing the shoulders are opening too so as you get in front (because of poor shoulder turn) leaving the face of the club open and behind.

The best fix I can think of is to keep your back to the target a spilt second longer and allow the arms to drop toward the right hip before you turn through the ball.

^^^ OP, from what I have seen in my limited time here, Tadashi70 is The Swing Whisperer. He gives extremely good advice.

Thanx Refram.....The link to Zack Johnson's comments defines my problem EXACTLY !! Thank you. I'm working on it, but the damn body / shoulders are not cooperating. I'm about to go to duct tape & bungee cords, but it's gonna be UGLY !!

Back