SILO Golf Club Carrier

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I can see where there would be a benefit in this product, just never heard of it before.

http://www.rivalandrevel.com/product-p/golf-cc2.htm
Golf-CC2-2T.jpg
Golf-CC2-4T.jpg

clear1x1.gif
[h=3]Simple Versatility[/h] When your trunk is already packed full of that gold you've been mining, it's hard to fit your entire golf bag also. If you only like to carry a few clubs to the range, this club carrier is ideal for you. If you want an approach carrier to hold your putter and a couple wedges, this is right up your alley.

It can hold up to 6 clubs, 3 tees, and one ball marker. Such a simplified product for such a sophisticated person, this product can be used in a variety of ways.

Golf-CC2-6T.jpg

Perfect for a 3-club tournament.

I mean, I get what it does, but can't say I've ever had a use for one.

I wouldn't ever use it but I see plenty of people at the range who could benefit from it.

interesting. I could see the benefit greenside to keep grips dry in the morning but I think it could end up more of a hassle than a towel for that. I am sure there I a market I am just not sure I am a part of it.

This would be nice when I go out for short game practice, only need two or three wedges and a putter, but end up taking a stand bag with me.

I could see that as a way to cut down chatter if you use a bag with very few dividers...or hauling a handful of clubs to the range. That's all I can think of.

Just proof that people will buy anything..... $28 ????

I can see the usefulness of it...but I have never had a problem carrying a couple clubs if that's all I'm going to use at the range. Would also be interesting to see how easy clubs snap in and out of it.

I'm wondering if the clubs would stand upright?

Just dont see a reason to really buy this. Especially at the price point.

I wouldn't use it, but I would definitely think they should expand on their idea. By that, I mean come up with some sort of system where you can drop that into golf bags to prevent club chatter. They should also make one that holds more than 3 tees, but maybe I'm just an internet golfer who pounds a hundred balls with the driver at the driving range......all 300+ yards of course :act-up:

~Rock

12552864_1704183246492079_4419810323278415830_n.jpg

I dont get it. Where do you put the rest of your stuff?

I dont get it. Where do you put the rest of your stuff?
I hear ya, and it was one of the first things I thought of when I had originally saw the product, but I'm wondering if it might help at all when you can't/don't bring your whole bag from the cart to the range and you could easily carry a few clubs, it is certainly a very small niche product, but I could see it getting some use during the year, but not a ton for sure.

I hear ya, and it was one of the first things I thought of when I had originally saw the product, but I'm wondering if it might help at all when you can't/don't bring your whole bag from the cart to the range and you could easily carry a few clubs, it is certainly a very small niche product, but I could see it getting some use during the year, but not a ton for sure.

But it doesnt stand up unless I am missing something, so how will a thing holding a couple of clubs, be any different with a hand holding a couple of clubs?
I mean it doesnt even have a spot for golf balls if you wanted to go to short game area?

This just reminds me of creating a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

But it doesnt stand up unless I am missing something, so how will a thing holding a couple of clubs, be any different with a hand holding a couple of clubs?
I mean it doesnt even have a spot for golf balls if you wanted to go to short game area?

This just reminds me of creating a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.
Well put Josh, I thought it was weird to see the color options pop up on my Facebook feed with their booth info for the PGA show, I wonder if they actually sold quite of few of the black color and needed other options, or if they hope making it a different color will appeal to more people.

Supposedly according to their website:
  • Stands up on its own when three or more clubs are inserted. - Great solution when it's Cart Path Only!

I could see some use for CPO days, but it sure seems like it would either take up a lot of space when connected to clubs, or would have to find a place in the bag for it.

But if its CPO, where the heck do you put the thing? And then you have to load it up every time?
Its creating more problems in terms of time.

Im all for something that keeps the clubs dry for CPO days, but then I have to load it up each time, from wherever it is being stored. Then I have to take them out each time.

Im sure someone will want something like this, and maybe because I have not tried it I am missing the general idea, but it seems to cause more issues than it helps.

I can see the usefulness from around the greens assuming:
1 You're riding
2. You like to use multiple clubs around the green
3. You don't have a 14 way bag

But if its CPO, where the heck do you put the thing? And then you have to load it up every time?
Its creating more problems in terms of time.

Im all for something that keeps the clubs dry for CPO days, but then I have to load it up each time, from wherever it is being stored. Then I have to take them out each time.

Im sure someone will want something like this, and maybe because I have not tried it I am missing the general idea, but it seems to cause more issues than it helps.

I don't think it would be the most convenient way to help during CPO.

I bet we see a few of these in the "What to NOT get a golfer for Christmas" thread in December.

Hi everyone,

I appreciate all of your feedback, good and bad. The SILO is not for everyone, but it does have a lot of uses that may not be obvious at first.

Cart Path Only:
The SILO does not need to be loaded up each time. You can keep a few wedges and your putter in the SILO, and it will fit in your slotted bag. So, if you hook a shot, you can just grab the SILO and you'll have up to 6 clubs to work with. It takes the same time as it would to grab one club, but they are conveniently bound together and easy to carry.

Additionally, as long as you have three or more clubs (it can hold up to 6), you can form a base with the club heads and the SILO will stand straight up. This will keep your grips off the ground so they stay dry, and they will be visible so you don't leave them behind.

Please visit www.instagram.com/rivalandrevel for more photos and to see how this can work.

Driving Range:
We are from the Philadelphia area, so we figured out a convenient way to bring a few clubs to the driving range. Friends and new customers of ours have sent photos of their SILO standing up next to their cubicle so they can get to the range at work. The SILO holds clubs tight, so there is no club "chatter" when you're driving around. It can actually help protect your clubs.

Executive Course/Par 3:

You really don't need a full bag, so the SILO is great to conveniently bring what you're actually going to use. We are developing a shoulder strap that can hold balls, tees, has D-rings for towel attachment, and has pockets for your credit cards/cash/ID.

We do understand that the SILO isn't for everyone, but we had a really great response at the PGA Show last week. We actually won "Buyer's Choice", and had lots of interest internationally and from various clubs around the country. Obviously I am going to praise our product because I see its worth, but I do appreciate all of the feedback from this thread, and we take it very seriously. Our goal is to make products that golfers want, and will make the game more enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Major props to getting into the forum, respectfully responding to thoughts and engaging with us!

Hi everyone,

Please reach out to me if you have any feedback or questions: matt@rivalandrevel.com

Once again, thanks for all the feedback and discussion. Hit em straight!
Hey Matt,
Thank you for answering the questions a lot of us had, I can see it come to play at a few par 3 courses in my area once the shoulder strap comes out to hold balls/tees/ D-ring, but if it is easy to snap clubs in and out of your the SILO I can also see it being used to hold your putter, 60/56/52/9/7 for when you are CPO... my only big question before I spend the money to test one (maybe for a formal review if the guys who work at THP allow it) would be wondering how easy it is to snap the irons in and out of the attachment, and if you have tested how much wear it puts on the clubs being that you have to literally snap it into the SILO near the hosel... as well as how many times you can Snap it in/out before the locking mechanism on the SILO wears out and needs to be replaced

Last edited:
Just found this thread, This would be great for the range.

Back