Do You Know Your Driving Distance?

Yes, from Flightscope and on course play averages, my carry is between 220 & 230 90% of the time.

My GPS averages from the course come in at @ 210, 10 swings using a trackman gave me a 202 average.

Yeah, too short. 210-225 with King F6 10.5 reg shaft and Srixon Soft Feel ball. Honestly it's not bad for 71 years old. I play the Gold tee's now and the game is very enjoyable.

210-220 carry based on course results and sim time during the winters.

Yes from being at THP events and being measured on FlightScope. The results actually came out to about the distances I thought I was getting based on my play at my home course and figuring hole length and distance of approach shot.

Average carry is probably 220-230 going by my approach distances st my home course.

I really do not know but something I should really be aware of though going forward. And playing out the hole a little smarter off the tee box. I got over the how far can I hit it many years ago and started focusing more on hitting fairways over being the longest in the group and my golf improved a lot. As long as I can be within 10-15 yds of the young guys in my group and maybe every now and then hit it up there with them, that's far enough for me.

Honest guess though 220-230 ?

Yes I have a good idea what I can expect, from various sources, but mostly from LM's, laser, and driving ranges that offer good visual clues as to where the ball is landing. I tend to count my average by what I can expect on a reasonably good strike. If I counted every drive I hit in a given year, including the real skankers, then I suppose my real average would be a lot lower than what I think.

I have to agree that most people that I have known over estimate how far they really hit the ball. I know I used to, and am likely prone to it even now without a reality check once in a while.

I used to know by measuring a lot of my drives with my GPS. Since I took a 15 month break, I've lost a tonne of distance for various reasons. Now I don't know, and don't particularly want to know.

According to flightscope between 196-205 carry from what I remember.

Working on it when I remember to use Game Golf. Looking forward to being on a monitor at Club Clash.

With the new XR16 with UST Elements proto shaft thanks to THP and UST Mamiya, I get 277 on the carry and 300 total. With my old stick, I was getting 255 carry and 282 total...

Im about 275 average, maybe more. Sometimes just a little less, but sometimes hit a good bit further depending on conditions.
My 4w is consistently 245ish. Anything needed over that and im trying to gas it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Im a short hitter compared to most here. Wish I averaged 280ish.

Man up wardamneagle

With the new XR16 with UST Elements proto shaft thanks to THP and UST Mamiya, I get 277 on the carry and 300 total. With my old stick, I was getting 255 carry and 282 total...

They worked you good! That's a healthy bump!

Im a short hitter compared to most here. Wish I averaged 280ish.
We will be short knocking it together here in a couple weeks.

#CutsForDays

We will be short knocking it together here in a couple weeks.

#CutsForDays
Lol, no doubt. Can I count the total distance my ball travels as my total distance?

Lol, no doubt. Can I count the total distance my ball travels as my total distance?

Cart paths are your friend. Use them when needed.

That's why they put sprinkler heads out there dude.

Back