Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

So cool that every grip is coming with the countercore, love it!

Cool, or added expense? I was wondering why they would jack the price up to 30+ for this grip, and I think this is the answer.

For someone who couldn't be bothered with grip cores, I don't love it. Will probably keep me away from it.

Cool, or added expense? I was wondering why they would jack the price up to 30+ for this grip, and I think this is the answer.

For someone who couldn't be bothered with grip cores, I don't love it. Will probably keep me away from it.

I can understand that. And for somebody who likes them now hey can get them in any shape grip rather than only a couple models.

FWIW, they didn't jack up the expense with these. The + grips were I believe $25 already and an additional $10 for the weight. These they just include it. So it's not jacking up the price more so just including the add on weight. But I understand the frustration.

As someone who loves the weights, it's perfectly fine with me as I would have bought the weight anyway.

One thing to note with the Pistol GT, is that it's not fully round. It's what I would say in between the normal 1/2/3 grips and the flatso. The ridge on the back side isn't as pronounced, but it's definitely there. I tried to capture it, but I'm not sure the pictures really show fully what I'm trying to say.

4e7965be28bc54d4e02ce26a28b1121a.jpg

Early feedback has this as a very big winner for me. I absolutely adore the GT tour size. Slightly small than the flatso 1.0 I have to compare it to, but the pistol part to the grip is freaking fantastic. I've been waiting for this grip for a long time and although I wish I had it sooner, it's worth the weight for me (pun intended). I think I'd also enjoy the 1.0 (1.1 diameter) size, but the tour looks so good.

c63026c3fddfdb9c4269ce3cdb0cbc03.jpg

So after putting basically all night with it, I have some thoughts. First thought is that this grip size/shape is so ridiculously good.

I've tried some different combo's, but two stick out as the best weight/stroke wise:
--#1 is plain head with just the end cap (no weight). Feels light but very good and you can really feel the head.
--#2 is 50g backweight in the grip and 2 strips of lead tape right on the back of the head. Probably gets the head weight up around 360, and that mixed with the back weighting in the grip feels awesome. Super stable and I can definitely dig it.

I'd highly recommend these grips, especially for someone who likes back weighted putters. Obviously this is my opinion, but I really feel that the Pistol GT grip is the best shape they have ever made. I've used 3.0, 2.0, Flatso Ultra, Flatso 1.0, Flatso 2.0, and now the Pistol GT tour; The Pistol GT tour is the best shape and there isn't even a close second for me. Yes, the price does kinda sting, but if you have it to spend...it's worth it.

Awesome feedback, dude. Thank you.

I really can't wait to feel that pistol shape in person, I like the contour, just don't know how it would compare to the previous SS I'm used to.

I really can't wait to feel that pistol shape in person, I like the contour, just don't know how it would compare to the previous SS I'm used to.

you're playing the mid slim 2.0, correct? I think one big thing you will notice is that the sides and top are flatter, but the bottom is still mostly round, but with a bit of a ridge.

The best way to describe the shape is that it's like the slim series had a baby with the flatso series, and added a pistol to the end. If someone really likes the fully round shape of the slim series, I'll be honest and say I'm not sure you'll like the pistol GT. It's definitely not a round grip, but it's also no where near what the flatso is either. I would put it right in between.

With that said...I have already ordered my 2nd one. So I am sold on the shape a lot.

While I don't have the pistol, I do have the mid slim 2.0 with counter core and I can confirm that it is indeed legit. Definitely worth the additional $10!

Ordering one for my Works TC Vline. will be a fun tinker project.

Got the Pistol gt 2.0 w/ counter core on order, hopefully it ships fast!

you're playing the mid slim 2.0, correct? I think one big thing you will notice is that the sides and top are flatter, but the bottom is still mostly round, but with a bit of a ridge.

The best way to describe the shape is that it's like the slim series had a baby with the flatso series, and added a pistol to the end. If someone really likes the fully round shape of the slim series, I'll be honest and say I'm not sure you'll like the pistol GT. It's definitely not a round grip, but it's also no where near what the flatso is either. I would put it right in between.

With that said...I have already ordered my 2nd one. So I am sold on the shape a lot.
That's the one thing I was worried about, I need to see/feel these in person first.

I'd like to try one of these pistol grips soon I think

Never tried a pistol grip. They have me intrigued especially with the counter core. What's advantage of pistol or standard putter grip?

Never tried a pistol grip. They have me intrigued especially with the counter core. What's advantage of pistol or standard putter grip?

Fits better in your top hand IMO. I try to make sure my left hand is very stable at the top of the putter, and a pistol just puts more real estate in it. It'll have the most benefit for the tour and 1.0 sizes, but should still feel a little better in the 2.0 as well.

Fits better in your top hand IMO. I try to make sure my left hand is very stable at the top of the putter, and a pistol just puts more real estate in it. It'll have the most benefit for the tour and 1.0 sizes, but should still feel a little better in the 2.0 as well.

Thanks. That helps me understand the concept better.

I really would like to see a Pistol GT 2.0 in person and get a feel before I dive in!

Frustrating that no one local has more SS grips in stock. They have a few, but none of the ones I want to check out.

Frustrating that no one local has more SS grips in stock. They have a few, but none of the ones I want to check out.

What do you need and I will put them on the tour van for Alabama.

What do you need and I will put them on the tour van for Alabama.
I have the Pistol GT 2.0 on the way, but just cant find any of the others to try out.

Looking for any of the Counter Core grips, but just cant find the standard Mid Slim 2.0 or the Slim 3.0 w/ Counter Core anywhere.

Back