Launch Angle with the Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know your launch angle with your driver? If so, what is it and is it where you want to be?

I'm not 100% anymore. I think the last time I got on a Trackman it was like 14*????? I have no idea what my optimal LA should be.

Mine usually dance around the low to mid teens. Launch seems fine to me, but the spin rate is starting to climb and I'm getting a little tired of seeing a large pitch mark next to my mud covered ball. I know FL is soft and roll is an afterthought, but I miss my old 10ft of roll.

Really don't remember....definitely don't know where I want it.

I do know that with the HZRDUS shaft it has come up from where I used to think I wanted it....and I'm pretty happy with the overall distance I'm getting. Definitely don't see myself chasing a number soon given how I'm happy with the results I'm seeing.

Last I knew my launch angle was 14 degrees with a 9.5 driver on a positive (+) AOA. My fitter at the Grandaddy, said that around 14 degrees was ideal...so I'm good with that.

Unfortunately I do not know for sure. It has been a while since I have been on a reliable system for that information and the simulators that give that out I don't pay much attention to.

When I demo'd m1 it was rang imaging between 15 & 16*. I'm ok with anything 14-16

I'm between 15.5 and 19. According to the flight scope oprimizer I should be at 18.

Honestly don't know. I saw it a few times while I was at a sim round a few weeks ago but I cant remember exactly what it was. I want to say it was about 13* but that's a really fuzzy memory, there was a good amount of beer in me.

On average I am anywhere from 10-12 and I am trying desperately to get that number up to the 13's consistently.

Not a darn clue. Something else to learn in 2.5 months!

13 to 15 range

it varies and yes depending on conditions

I can't remember for sure but I think it's around 14. I've been pretty happy with it right around there.

Who knows how accurate it was, but last time I was on a sim it averaged out around 12-13*. Is it where I want to be? I certainly won't complain about that. No idea if it's fully ideal or not for me though.

Next event, we will get it figured out for you.
As long as it's <90 degrees, we can work with it.

Right now it's at about 12*. Id like to get it to 13 or 14 ish if I could keep the spin down where it is now.

13-18 for me last time I was on a monitor. No idea what it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on a monitor about 6 months ago and was launching the ball 15-16* I have no idea if this is ideal but I do believe it to very close.

12-15 degrees. I'm ok at the top end but only happy at the low when I'm driving into the wind. Unfortunately, I can be a random number generator on some days!

1c6d49c3899554baaf793cb22065bc8c.jpg

5a7b7a80e94f2c247ce99f5536f26d40.jpg

From these 2 pics, mid-high teens.

But depending on the swing, I'll also get high single digits....

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

My driver is set to 8.5 and my lauch usually averages around 14. My absolute best strikes probably average in the mid to high 15s. Ideally I'd like to have more of those but if I crank loft too high I lose some ballspeed and smash. Probably because my typical impact tends to be just below center?

Last edited:
Mine was at 14* with 2400 rpm @ 96mph swing speed when I got my current driver. That picked me up over 5 yards on the simulator, and it carried over to the course. That was around a year ago and I think I've increased my distance some since then, maybe another 5 yards so I'm not sure what has changed.

I'm usually around 15 to 16. I think that's pretty ideal

Back