2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I am down a pound this week last week ... I am good with that ... trying to develop a life style diet that is sustainable and not a 3 month "diet" and end up heavier this time next year ... learning to log my meals ... I am not very disciplined, but logging what I eat really impacts my food choices a lot. I just need to "learn" that habit. I am still feeling my way around the WW App ... I can never find actually what I ate ... just discovered weekly points, and started entering some of my work outs.

Oddly my vice is Planters Pistachio mix ... I can eat the whole can in a day ... love them.

Had a cheat meal last Saturday night, and I think I'm FINALLY starting to loose all the crap I put into myself from that. Fried everything. I'm down about 7 pounds from this time last month. I haven't missed a workout, though some have been closer to 100% effort than others, I'll admit to that.

Been thinking about nutrition and figuring it out more to a science, think maybe that will help? What have you guys used? Online tool? To figure what you really need daily to loose weight, but not muscle, maybe even add some more muscle in the process? Way more protein? Little carbs?

Tonight we are making Chicken Bacon Apple burgers.
Each burger is one boneless skinless chicken breast
1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Put bacon, chicken and apple into grinder (Kitchenaid attachment for us, but any food processor will work)
Grind it to make ground mixture.
Add salt, pepper and sage and mix thoroughly.

Form into 6 oz patties and cook (all the way through obviously)

Never tried them before and hoping they are good.
Im not sure I will ever buy ground meat again. So easy to do your own and control what goes in it.

These were AMAZING! Both Morgan and I were pretty darn impressed. The apple and single slice of bacon leave them moist and delicious. Definitely on the rotation for meals.

These were AMAZING! Both Morgan and I were pretty darn impressed. The apple and single slice of bacon leave them moist and delicious. Definitely on the rotation for meals.

They were awesome! When I formed the patties, they were super wet and I feared it was going to fall apart, but it stayed together nicely. They were smelling good while cooking, so I started to think it might be good and I was more than pleasantly surprised.

They were awesome! When I formed the patties, they were super wet and I feared it was going to fall apart, but it stayed together nicely. They were smelling good while cooking, so I started to think it might be good and I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I'm sold, have add it into the try rotation

eb4e0ec724f13523394f6649e84a2b11.jpg

Had to add this in to the mix today, I'm finding I'm getting sluggish late afternoons.

Cost me 10pts, but they've helped take me to dinner.

1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Put bacon, chicken and apple into grinder (Kitchenaid attachment for us, but any food processor will work)

Im not sure I will ever buy ground meat again. So easy to do your own and control what goes in it.

Dang. Those sound absolutely incredible. I need to make these asap
eb4e0ec724f13523394f6649e84a2b11.jpg

Had to add this in to the mix today, I'm finding I'm getting sluggish late afternoons.

Cost me 10pts, but they've helped take me to dinner.

Try the Luna Bars instead of these. Less calories and less points. But a nice snack.

I'll give them a go. Thanks Beags

Those do sound great.

Good to know. Going to try these one day

I thought I would never say this. But I'm actually having fun dieting. Sounds silly, but in just over two weeks I feel like I'm winning this game.

People like Hawk, Maddog, Texas Hacker, JB, DDEC Jman, 441, Beags, have helped a ton. All kernels of motivation.

My wife is making "cauliflower rice" which confuses me. I'm not sure what was wrong with "rice" as we don't eat a lot of it and usually go for whole grain or brown rice, but I'll report back.

My wife is making "cauliflower rice" which confuses me. I'm not sure what was wrong with "rice" as we don't eat a lot of it and usually go for whole grain or brown rice, but I'll report back.

Its actually not bad.

Its good, imo.

Does it have the same consistency?
If done right, it's closer than you think. Definitely different though. I ate a plethora of it when I was on Atkins

If done right, it's closer than you think. Definitely different though. I ate a plethora of it when I was on Atkins

Ours was more like breadcrumb consistency, not bad but different. She did chicken fried "rice" with it so it was decent.

I thought I would never say this. But I'm actually having fun dieting. Sounds silly, but in just over two weeks I feel like I'm winning this game.

People like Hawk, Maddog, Texas Hacker, JB, DDEC Jman, 441, Beags, have helped a ton. All kernels of motivation.
It's funny, ya know, once you get in to it and trying to find those healthy eats and meals, you sit back and realize the CRAP we typically eat. Clean eating is great, but sometimes it's a pain to stay on board just because eating bad is way more convenient at times.
Ours was more like breadcrumb consistency, not bad but different. She did chicken fried "rice" with it so it was decent.
Love me some Cauliflower rice.

Anyone have any suggestions for good non-dairy protein bars? Quest are my go to bars, but the dairy in it still kills me, I hate having to take a dairy pill to eat a protein bar. I would love to find one that doesn't have protein, but also doesn't taste like dirt or only has 4g of protein because it's all sugar.

1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Tip for the burges, because they are chicken we wanted to make sure they were cooked all the way through, but by doing so we also didn't want to burn the outside. It seemed to work best to cook on the stove top on high heat for about 4 minutes a side, and then throw them in a 400* oven for another 5-10 minutes until they are done. The outside had a good crust, without being burned and the inside was moist and juicy.

Insanity starts back up tonight, while the 12 lb loss in 15 days is great and all its down to burn some serious calories

Tip for the burges, because they are chicken we wanted to make sure they were cooked all the way through, but by doing so we also didn't want to burn the outside. It seemed to work best to cook on the stove top on high heat for about 4 minutes a side, and then throw them in a 400* oven for another 5-10 minutes until they are done. The outside had a good crust, without being burned and the inside was moist and juicy.

I'd call that a pro tip

Down 14 lbs total including a 2 lbs loss last week while in Vegas. Feeling pretty good about where this is heading. I need to get my butt in the gym more but eating right was the biggest hurdle for me to overcome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Man, I am honored to share the same thread with you guys.
This is going to be one heck of a 2016.

Down 14 lbs total including a 2 lbs loss last week while in Vegas. Feeling pretty good about where this is heading. I need to get my butt in the gym more but eating right was the biggest hurdle for me to overcome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good work brother.

Back