Umm,...any grass that is easy to roll and does not have a lot of seeds mixed with it,...umm,.... maybe this is the wrong forum for this post,....umm,...not really sure.....

I prefer hand held vaporizers

Consistent green grass is all I ask for, actually doesnt even have to be green, just consistent.

Green.

For me it I don't think it matters.

My current home club is all Bent. My previous club was Kentucky Bluegrass & Poa. I certainly prefer Bent.

But to be 100% honest, as long as the course is well maintained, I don't care what the grass is.

My course is all bent greens and fairways with bluegrass rough.

Bent grass is soooo nice! But I also like zoysia fairways.

Bent is my favorite based on familiarity. Once you figure out the nuances with Bermuda, I think that is fun.

The wave of the future is hybrid, eco-efficient grass. Now that everyone will like.

Zoysia all day the coolest grass I've played on. The way the ball sits up like its on a tee is awesome. Though controlling the spin can be an issue.

I agree. Here at my school in Missouri the fairways are Zoysia. I find that the ball spins almost 2x as much as any other grass with pitch shots. You really have to be careful.

Even though I play on bent most of the year, I play better when I travel on Bermuda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm used to bentgrass in the northeast. Chipping on Bermuda takes some getting used to, but I don't mind it now that I've done it a few times. Zoysia seemed nice when I played it in June. Hopefully I'll get more chances on it.

I agree. Here at my school in Missouri the fairways are Zoysia. I find that the ball spins almost 2x as much as any other grass with pitch shots. You really have to be careful.

First time I played on it was this fall down in KC for a tournament. Took some getting used to for sure. Zipping the ball back 40+ft at times was frustrating, but when you get it figured out you can take dead aim.

Bermuda. All day. It's really the perfect turf for the game.

Zoysia fairways and bent greens is pretty much heaven.

Bermuda and Zoysia tie for 1st and Bent a close second.

Bent, the faster the better (up to a certain point-I 'm not really ready for Augusta)

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia
Great thing about this stuff is you can play 36 on it and then get stoned to the bejesus belt! Cannonball! Cannonball coming!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really though. .. it depends. In the fairway, nothing beats Zoisia. Ball sits up nice and you only get a bad lie if your in a divot. Greens ... bent all the way. There is a Crenshaw hybrid that is fantastic. Plus if they roll them and verticut them ... grease lightening!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Isn't this more of a function of the the height the grass is cut so you don't have grass between the club and the ball. Once the club interacts with the ground the ball is gone assuming a non chunk and the hole trapping the ball between the ground and the club to get more spin has been shown to be a myth on high speed cameras. Spin is just a function of speed and clean contact with no grass between the club face and ball.

Isn't this more of a function of the the height the grass is cut so you don't have grass between the club and the ball. Once the club interacts with the ground the ball is gone assuming a non chunk and the hole trapping the ball between the ground and the club to get more spin has been shown to be a myth on high speed cameras. Spin is just a function of speed and clean contact with no grass between the club face and ball.
Your reasoning sounds legitimate to me. I'm not a big divot taker anyways so I sweep. It's definitely easier to on zoysia than bent for me to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Spoken like a true southern Missouri golfer. There is no better fairway to hit off. Don't like zoysia for tee boxes unless they are kept really short.
Agreed. As I said in my original post I hate furry tee boxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Don't really know enough to have a preference but I agree that Bermuda rough is brutal.

I really like the green one.

I would say Bermuda since that is what I play most

Back