PGA Championship Played at PGA National in February?

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
I think for any of the pro tournaments, the pressure is beyond my imagination. Think of teeing up where you have a chance to win a million dollars plus every week. Must take time to get used to it. I don't know how I would react to it all!! The Bear Trap is intimidating for casual round but those guys are amazing.

I wouldn't mind seeing one there. It's a tough course and with a major setup could be one of the hardest courses they play

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to something like this. I've always found the PGA and The Open Championships too close together anyways.

That would be fun. Would have to move the Honda somewhere though. Maybe next door to Ballenisles, where they used to host the PGA? The residents there wouldn't be too happy though.

I would love to have a major early in the season. Most of the country isn't golfing at that point so the ratings may go up. Plus seeing what happened to Adam Scott on Saturday at the bear trap, there could be some interesting mistakes made on Sunday.

The Bear Trap could certainly make for some good drama!

it's a tough course, but I feel like it would need to be toughened up to host a major nowadays.

That would be fun. Would have to move the Honda somewhere though. Maybe next door to Ballenisles, where they used to host the PGA? The residents there wouldn't be too happy though.
The article mentioned since it would only be a one time or every 4 year thing at most, move it to some other cities where Honda has a strong prescence or golf does and doesn't have an event, such as Chicago or St. Louis for example. The other years it could still be held at PGA National. just like Torrey and Pebblestill hosts a tour event, even in the US Open years.

it's a tough course, but I feel like it would need to be toughened up to host a major nowadays.
I'm sure it could be toughened up a bit, but in a non major set up with only 13 guys finishing under Par, it's not far off at all from already being there.

Wouldn't take much. Add about 6 inches on the stimp meter, shave the banks, add a couple of tee boxes at different angles so it can play hard in multiple winds. Add half an inch to the rough and hope it doesn't rain a ton before so the fairways firm up a touch.

Would be a bit odd to have a major followed by a WGC event back to back.

If they toughen it up what will you and 441 shoot next time you go back?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Played way too easy last time. That was our protest.

PGA Championship Played at PGA National in February?

The Bear Trap you say?

A Major Championship you say?

Would love for this course to host it in Feb, why might give this tourney more meaning.

The Bear Trap you say?

A Major Championship you say?

Would love for this course to host it.
And Bridgestone Champions getting a special exemption :D

And Bridgestone Champions getting a special exemption :D

I played the Bear Trap 4 over (bogey, double,bogey) net score of 1 over on my own ball with no balls going for a swim.

I think I have Adam Scott's number.

#internetgolfercheckingin

Interesting concept, but would be weird to see a major before the Masters.

I like this idea but with Feb weather being pretty fickle not sure it would make the most sense.

I agree with Dean that they would need to make it harder to get it to major competition conditions we've come to expect

I like this idea...or move the PGA to March at Seminole!

I don't think Seminole would even want to host a major or any event.

Back