THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Pete might be offended but calling me Pete means I lost 30lbs and gained 50yds off the tee so Im happy.

From what I've heard you also lost a lot of directional control off the tee too.

I'm headed to NYC right now. Feels dirty.

I'm headed to NYC right now. Feels dirty.

I was almost headed down there for work today as well. Would have been down at our building on Broadway.

I was almost headed down there for work today as well. Would have been down at our building on Broadway.

If for some reason you end up down there tomorrow let me know. We're staying around that area and going to see a show.

If for some reason you end up down there tomorrow let me know. We're staying around that area and going to see a show.

won't be happening, thankfully. Enjoy the show.

Pete might be offended but calling me Pete means I lost 30lbs and gained 50yds off the tee so Im happy.
I'm never offended.

And you don't need an extra 50 yards, your game is rock solid and perfect for team match play as it is.

Back to pairings. I agree w ddec that I am happy putting anyone together, especially in a handicapped event. I've got some ideas, but I am sure those will change as I see folks play together.

you want to bring US History in to this? Fine then, your NE team is about as impressive as Plymouth Rock.

That rock is pretty awesome.
Hey, not all rocks are engraved with a year enclosed by a monument...

Oh...and BTW..... whoever is leaving from that giant state of Rode Island....can you please remember to turn off the light before you go? thank you

It's "Rhode Island" but thanks for playing the map game.

Love the confidence coming out of NY/NJ, keep it coming... It's like a giant balloon waiting to burst on the first tee when NE takes a pin to it.

If NY/NJ practiced as much as they talk, they might actually be somewhat decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing NY and NJ don't lack is confidence. It's the only place where a 5'2" guy wearing a track suit, pinky ring and slicked back hair will tell a 6'3" Monster "Ay.....waddayoulookinat? eh? You see somethin funny here?"

No worries on the deposit...I am
MV5BOTQ1NTUwNTAzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzM0Njk5._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

And then I break out the '90s hip hop.

Perfect..I had 90s hip hop and old school rap playing on Pandora today while I was doing inventory at work.

I thought I would post this in all the Regional Rivalries...

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?

Spoiler
Do you know who I am? :beauty:

I'd love to be named MVP and get the awesome trip to TrueTemper, but I'm focused on the team and hopefully being a part of everyone having a great time.

Sportsmanship..check. I enjoy watching good golf and won't get upset if we lose to it. I played with someone at RTJ who obviously didn't have his best game going and I was internally and externally rooting for him to string some good holes together because I've definitely been there!

Play..I'd like to play well and be a big contribution to a win!

Social media..I admit that I'm not always good at posting meaningful content, but will definitely be updating the forum, repping TT, and can keep score for the group.

Just because you have a million billion people don't forget where this country started.

But none of the capitals of the colonies or country were/are in NE. I lived in one of them for 18 years so I think that's an automatic win for us.

Philadelphia
Baltimore
Lancaster (PA)
York (PA)
Princeton
Annapolis
Trenton
NYC
Washington DC

I like Field Trips

I remember getting detention in 7th grade for forgetting a permission slip. I should send mine to HQ early.

One thing I love about Team NY/NJ is that I can pair any 2 players together and they will be a strong team.

got that right captain, any member of team NY/NJ can turn to his partner and say "climb on my back cause we are kicking a$$ today" and know they mean it.

If NY/NJ practiced as much as they talk, they might actually be somewhat decent.

practice???????? forgeeeettttttttttt aboooooooooooouuuuuuuttttt it

we got skills

attachment.php

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
practice???????? forgeeeettttttttttt aboooooooooooouuuuuuuttttt it

we got skills

Wait, weren't you posting pictures of yourself practicing a few pages back?

Things are definitely picking up now with the teams all set. Plan on going to a sim tomorrow after work.

Also, 70* on Wednesday?! It's going to really start to feel like golf season.

This makes me laugh...

Lots of good talk in here today!

I have to answer. I would love the opportunity to be the MVP and see what True Temper is all about, but it's not my driving force like others have said. I want to absolutely bring it on all 3 aspects and if I do a good enough job to earn MVP that's just icing on the cake, but I want a HOF tag pretty badly!!

Things are definitely picking up now with the teams all set. Plan on going to a sim tomorrow after work.

Also, 70* on Wednesday?! It's going to really start to feel like golf season.

If the forecast stays like that, I may need to take Wednesday off.

Back