PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

My 1st impression was they looked a lot like the APEX 16 pro when I held them at the PGA show, now I am leaning more towards the J15DF since they are hollow with inserts (some) I just wish I had taken more time with them at the Show. I might stop by the PGA SS on the way to the Airport tomorrow and see if they have released yet. They had the FT. Worth in stock previously.

I would definitely be interested to see how these compare to something like the DPC's or DPF, as they definitely appear similar, at least at first blush.

My 1st impression was they looked a lot like the APEX 16 pro when I held them at the PGA show, now I am leaning more towards the J15DF since they are hollow with inserts (some) I just wish I had taken more time with them at the Show. I might stop by the PGA SS on the way to the Airport tomorrow and see if they have released yet. They had the FT. Worth in stock previously.
I think they've been released - I've started seeing the occassional twitter comment on them.

I might miss my flight if they have them to demo...

These are going to look so freaking deadly in my bag, and luckily my iron play has improved to the point where I'm pretty confident with every iron in the bag.

If this is the case, then I'm even more intrigued because I flippin love my J15 DF's. The Hogans looked a little bigger to my eye, but it's hard to tell.

These are going to look so freaking deadly in my bag, and luckily my iron play has improved to the point where I'm pretty confident with every iron in the bag.

He's being modest. He's deadly with his irons right now. If these offer similar distances with more forgiveness, you're going to be even more deadly!

Just going off memory and could be all wrong, but I agree if they are even close to the DF performance and feel they will kill. Hoping for a bit of forgiveness in a nice compact iron. Heading out in a bit to swing by the PGA SS and see what is out.

If this is the case, then I'm even more intrigued because I flippin love my J15 DF's. The Hogans looked a little bigger to my eye, but it's hard to tell.

Went by the PGA SS, no PTX yet. Fondled the wedges and they are sweet.

Went by the PGA SS, no PTX yet. Fondled the wedges and they are sweet.

We don't have a PGA SS here in San Antonio. However, I'll stop by Golfsmith on the way home to see what they have.

An open question, when are others planning to ship their clubs? It says a week prior so that would be the 22nd technically. From where I am it will take 3-4 days by UPS ground, just curious as to the plan.

An open question, when are others planning to ship their clubs? It says a week prior so that would be the 22nd technically. From where I am it will take 3-4 days by UPS ground, just curious as to the plan.
As soon as we get the shipping info to hopefully minimize costs, for me. I think things are a little busy at THP HQ with an event so that might not come until early next week.

I look for a notification everyday but don't think we'll see anything until early next week sometime...

Don't sweat it, after ClubClash this weekend you guys are up. Info will come soon enough.

Anyone have experience with a particular shipper that seems to be better in price or in efficiency? I've only used USPS in the past and I think shipping a set of irons comes out to something like $25 or so, but usually takes 5-7 days with few exceptions.

Anyone have experience with a particular shipper that seems to be better in price or in efficiency? I've only used USPS in the past and I think shipping a set of irons comes out to something like $25 or so, but usually takes 5-7 days with few exceptions.
In my experience USPS is pretty expensive. Last time I used them they gave me a story about irregular shaped boxes on their 3rd party carrier's planes being charged a premium. I plan to use UPS.

I've been practicing with my old Hogan Channelback blades to get fired up. Even all these decades later they feel great and perform quite nicely lol.

If I was going to this event I wouldn't care what it cost to ship my irons to Hogan

If I was going to this event I wouldn't care what it cost to ship my irons to Hogan

I'm not complaining or even concerned with cost. Just looking for the best deal.

If it ends up being up to me I think I'd like to see my lofts at the higher end of each club.
47* PW and then down from there. I only say this because that's where my current set is at and I'm super comfortable with that setup.

I've felt the same way with my setup which would start with the 46*. But I still hit the ball a little high so I'm not 100% sure what would be best for me.

You are now up.
You will be receiving more details later today after one more conference call with the company.

Then it's full itinerary, fitting information and getting ready for fun.

You are now up.
You will be receiving more details later today after one more conference call with the company.

Then it's full itinerary, fitting information and getting ready for fun.
Can't wait! I'm ready!

Man after last weekend, I wish I can be at every event! I'll be following along!

Guys, just a quick note. I know everybody is excited, but if you are in the THP Event, that we put together here, and have a question about the gear you will be given, please contact myself or GolferGal. Contacting the company directly about the equipment coming from THP through this event can cause some major confusion.

Thank you.

Back