Keegan Bradley Short Game Tip

fully recognizing that this is taking the thread in a different direction, i feel like when you watch really good players play these shots, the point at which the club contacts the ground is actually just a bit behind the ball, because they're using bounce. it's an intentional thing. they don't hit the ball first. this video explained it in an interesting way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FCxpgINq8

lots of ways to skin the golf cat
Once I get past 25-30 yards out I switch from a more of a shallow swing to a steeper ball back shot. Hitting the ground first on purpose seems super suspect unless it for a drill or something though.

Once I get past 25-30 yards out I switch from a more of a shallow swing to a steeper ball back shot. Hitting the ground first on purpose seems super suspect unless it for a drill or something though.

bounce. but that's golf, isn't it? two players/teachers of the highest skill can teach the same thing completely differently.

Golf is odd like that. I totally understand the bounce part just having trouble wrapping my head around how hitting the ground first gives you more room for error. Seems like using the bounce and trying to hit the ball and ground at the same time gives you more error in case you hit heavy then. Probably a me issue

That was a great tip, I've always thought of finishing straight at the target will be trying this out for sure.

It's a good little tip, similar to what the great Roger Cleveland told us while at the Grandaddy.

I like the short and sweet swing thought on that tip

Keegan Bradley Short Game Tip

I really tried to think about this today while I was chipping. I need to practice it more but I definitely had noticeable improvement in my chipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back